Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 18)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 500 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
kallewickans_3
Plumpshell
  • Profile picture
    cah
    Topics:

October 7th and still literally nothing from Being The Ricardos.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

October 7th and still literally nothing from Being The Ricardos.

The only one of the dozens of contenders that’s put nothing on the table. There wasn’t even a first look image to accompany that Sorkin interview. This bears watching. I’m betting Amazon switches on its A Hero and The Tender Bar FYC web pages long before the one for BTR.

FYC
    Best Picture: "Showing Up" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Kelly Reichardt; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Michelle Williams; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Hong Chau, Heather Lawless, Amanda Plummer; Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Judd Hirsch, Andre Benjamin, John Magaro; Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Kelly Reichardt, Jonathan Raymond
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Neon only has KStew so that’s easy since her movie is their Picture push too.

Neon also has Renate Reinsve.

FYC
    Best Picture: "Showing Up" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Kelly Reichardt; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Michelle Williams; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Hong Chau, Heather Lawless, Amanda Plummer; Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Judd Hirsch, Andre Benjamin, John Magaro; Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Kelly Reichardt, Jonathan Raymond
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

“It’s the kind of performance that turns heads, wins awards, is remembered forevermore and this is one of those moments. Utterly, completely, effortlessly mesmerising, you’re in the presence of true acting magic”. ★★★★★

#KristenStewart #Spencer

Kristen is surely headed for plenty of awards for her performance, which is likely to surprise many who have underestimated her over the years” (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)

#SpencerMovie  #Spencer  #KristenStewart

That’s why it’s hard for me to believe it will be between Jessica and Kristen.

Profile picture
    AliDi
    Topics:

Neon also has Renate Reinsve.

I have Renate on my list. Long shot tho.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Good to see Kristen raved. Unfortunately for me, I won’t be able to understand her lines without subtitles. The accent seems too polished for me. I couldn’t understand the things she was saying in the trailer the same way I barely understand the things Olivia Colman says. Very polished British accent. Kristen has done a great job to have gotten it right

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Good to see Kristen raved. Unfortunately for me, I won’t be able to understand her lines without subtitles. The accent seems too polished for me. I couldn’t understand the things she was saying in the trailer the same way I barely understand the things Olivia Colman says. Very polished British accent. Kristen has done a great job to have gotten it right

it is a weird accent if you’re not used to it. I can understand the Queen and Charles perfectly bc they speak slowly but I sometimes find that William and Harry speak so fast that I miss a word here and there.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Spencer performs exceedingly well at LFF which is already apparent with these glowing reviews, then the race is over once the British bloc rallies behind Stewart’s Princess Diana.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

I saw Spencer tonight. Kristen was phenomenal and blew my expectations out of the park. The best portrayal of Diana ever.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

The brits are celebrating Spencer and thus, Stewart. The golden dildo BAFTA mask is hers!

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Doshi
    Topics:

What in the world  LFF has completely embraced Spencer! I thought they would massacre it but it’s been the total opposite!!!

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Do you guys think we’ll see any black or non-white Best Lead Actress winners in the 2020s? It’s getting ridiculous that is hasn’t happened since Halle Berry.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Not saying Kristen Stewart isn’t winning, I wouldn’t be surprised if she swept, but her glowing reviews don’t exactly seal the deal. The most critically acclaimed actress doesn’t always win (Isabelle Huppert losing to Emma Stone, Carey Mulligan losing to Frances McDormand, ect.). Spencer as a film isn’t invoking the same passion her performance is, and there may be voters who think that it’s too soon to give the star of Twilight an Academy Award and opt to just nominate her. Jessica Chastain is viewed as due for a win, Olivia Colman, Frances McDormand, and Penelope Cruz will have their fair share of acclaim, and we still have the likes of Cate Blanchett and Lady Gaga upcoming. I absolutely believe Stewert has a nomination on lock, but it’s premature she has the win sealed too.

I agree with all of this. It also seems both lead acting categories are beginning to skew older and skew to veteran actors. I’m not so sure Kristen Stewart has the same momentum and industry admiration that Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Stone had.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.