Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 18)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 501 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
kallewickans_3
Plumpshell
  • Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Not saying Kristen Stewart isn’t winning, I wouldn’t be surprised if she swept, but her glowing reviews don’t exactly seal the deal. The most critically acclaimed actress doesn’t always win (Isabelle Huppert losing to Emma Stone, Carey Mulligan losing to Frances McDormand, ect.). Spencer as a film isn’t invoking the same passion her performance is, and there may be voters who think that it’s too soon to give the star of Twilight an Academy Award and opt to just nominate her. Jessica Chastain is viewed as due for a win, Olivia Colman, Frances McDormand, and Penelope Cruz will have their fair share of acclaim, and we still have the likes of Cate Blanchett and Lady Gaga upcoming. I absolutely believe Stewert has a nomination on lock, but it’s premature she has the win sealed too.

I agree with all of this. It also seems both lead acting categories are beginning to skew older and skew to veteran actors. I’m not so sure Kristen Stewart has the same momentum and industry admiration that Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Stone had.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Come on Halle!!!

Profile picture
    Doshi
    Topics:

What’s the tea with House of Gucci?! It’s been crickets ever since they randomly released the teaser in late august?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Come on Halle!!!

wtf is the TRAILER?!!!!

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Do you guys think we’ll see any black or non-white Best Lead Actress winners in the 2020s? It’s getting ridiculous that is hasn’t happened since Halle Berry.

Its been ridiculous for years. Halle’s win was almost 20 years ago….and it took 74 years to even award a black actress a leading Oscar. Hollywood and the Academy have been ridiculous.

But to answer your question……I think we will see a black actress win. I hope the Whitney Houston biopic and/or The Woman King turn out amazing.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

wtf is the TRAILER?!!!!

Yup it’s killing me , Why is Netflix so secretive about it? No poster even.

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Do you guys think we’ll see any black or non-white Best Lead Actress winners in the 2020s? It’s getting ridiculous that is hasn’t happened since Halle Berry.

No. They’re pretty consistent about keeping competitive Oscars from Glenn Close and any nonwhite nominee in Best Actress.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Yup it’s killing me , Why is Netflix so secretive about it? No poster even.

At least it has more of a “poster” than Being the Ricardos or even The Tender Bar does. 😉 But seriously, it’s odd.

BR

Though at least Netflix has a page for the film on its app/site. Neon is really dragging its feet on switching on its main (not FYC) website’s page for The Worst Person in the World. Still getting an error message. Come on, people…

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Cynthia Erivo as the African Princess. I’m not betting on it though

Laga Gaga for Best Actress.

House of Gucci for best picture.

Belfast for everything - Best Picture win

Profile picture
    GWalters
    Topics:

Naomi Ackie will mostly likely win next year for playing Whitney Houston. Sony has already set a December 2022 release date to position it in awards season.

She’s a much better actress than Jennifer Hudson and she’ll be playing a beloved icon whose life was troubled and dramatic, both oscar bait reasons for the academy to vote for her. Not to mention their need to give the Lead Oscar to another black woman asap, 20 years is a long time between drinks. It’s actually embarrassing it hasn’t happened yet and the Academy knows that..

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

The Last Duel is screening to a lot of US critics and it-along with Comer-is receiving rave reviews.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

What’s the tea with House of Gucci?! It’s been crickets ever since they randomly released the teaser in late august?

new stills were released recently. There was a first look at the movie in this week’s EW cover that Kristen covers. Not sure if that’s where the stills came from.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

I agree with all of this. It also seems both lead acting categories are beginning to skew older and skew to veteran actors. I’m not so sure Kristen Stewart has the same momentum and industry admiration that Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Stone had.

you might be surprised. They’ve seen the crap she’s  had to put up with, she’s well liked and respected by those she has worked with. No stories of drama on set or anything like that. She’s worked hard since she was a child and has clearly turned in a performance that is worthy of an Oscar. I’m not an expert on every potential actress nominee but from the big guns continually mentioned the only one I can really testing her is Nicole if she is raved about. That might be a case of saying that Nicole is “due” a second win and that Kristen is still young and will win another time.

Chastain possibly might be a serious contender bc of the particular hammy role but some say the movie reviews are too poor but idk.  I don’t really follow all that. HOG doesn’t seem typical Oscar fare so I’m waiting for reviews to even put Gaga in the nominations. Somebody on twitter said this catagory is weak… How?

It’s very hard to crown anybody a true lock without seeing the performances though. But if there is any true merit in the Oscar voting then Kristen will be hard to beat even for a veteran like Nicole. Im just thrilled she’s in serious contention and fir a role she’s clearly proud of too.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

A category is weak when everyone thinks that there are only 1-2 contenders really worthy of an Oscar or only 3 nominations were really deserved. Else it is not.
    2014 was weak. 2012 was okay. 2009 was weak.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.