Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 19)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 19)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 521 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
wolfali
BigJay2012
  • Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Profile picture
    Prince1
    Topics:

Not Halle crashing the race. She looks amazing.

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Okay now i really want Halle to win

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Hmmm wut if cardi does have a song for the movie lol

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

You all called me crazy for months predicting Andra Day to be win-competitive last year, and I ended up being right. Same thing with Halle, and here we are again…

Halle Berry

(This is Heptapod by the way. Deleted my account in a moment of panic where I wasn’t doing super well mentally in COVID isolation and wanted to take a step back from the Internet. Wish I hadn’t fully deleted the account, though! Wasn’t thinking straight. Felt like I was ready to come back, and super excited to be!)

Profile picture
    Entela
    Topics:

Halle looks amazing…I would love for her to make it in the top 5. My only problem is that the movie doesn’t look like Oscar material…I don’t know if voters would even give it a chance to see it.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

(This is Heptapod by the way. Deleted my account in a moment of panic where I wasn’t doing super well mentally in COVID isolation and wanted to take a step back from the Internet. Wish I hadn’t fully deleted the account, though! Wasn’t thinking straight. Felt like I was ready to come back, and super excited to be!)

Nice to see you back and I hope you are feeling better!

As for the Bruised trailer: We stan the rise of Sheila Atim. Hopefully she blows up with The Woman King next year (she should have already with The Underground Railroad).

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Halle looks amazing…I would love for her to make it in the top 5. My only problem is that the movie doesn’t look like Oscar material…I don’t know if voters would even give it a chance to see it.

Similar fo the Hustlers problem that Jennifer Lopez faced?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Welcome back! Your presence was greatly missed (especially on the television side).

I’m so sorry to hear about your Covid isolation and I hope you’re feeling better.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

As for the Bruised trailer: We stan the rise of Sheila Atim. Hopefully she blows up with The Woman King next year (she should have already with The Underground Railroad).

We are going to be manifesting her BAFTA TV supporting actress nomination for The Underground Railroad.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Nice to see you back and I hope you are feeling better!

I’m so sorry to hear about your Covid isolation and I hope you’re feeling better.

I am feeling better, thank you to you both 🙂

Ted Lasso Hug

But let me catch up on TV before I head back to over there because omg college has kept me BEHIND.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Similar fo the Hustlers problem that Jennifer Lopez faced?

Praying 🙏🏼 it doesn’t happen and how can you compare a stripper movie to a mma movie? lol

Critics seems to be rooting for Halle at least nomination wise read twitter.  I was surprised I thought they are going slam it.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

What do you mean by oscar material? her role is difficult as in physical transformation mma fighter compared to others.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Actress is honestly the category where they probably care the least about the quality of the film you’re in. Bruised could be bad, but if they like Berry in it or find reason to root for her, she’s still got a strong path.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Berry’s chances will depend on how strong Colman and Thompson are as contenders for Netflix.

Colman feels safe (although I wouldn’t call her a lock like Stewart) but I can see Thompson perhaps missing whilst Negga still gets in and has a strong chance for the win like we’ve seen some contenders from films that miss Picture (assuming Passing isn’t a Picture contender, things can of course change) do recently.

Oscars FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 19)’ is closed to new replies.