Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 19)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 19)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 521 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
wolfali
BigJay2012
  • Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Similarly to my Tammy Fay screening, there was less than 5 people in my theater for both films. Perhaps the low turnout for The Last Duel for my theater was because it was on the Thursday screening? In any case, the number is really concerning.

This tracks with 20th’s secondary status inside the Mouse House – I figure the division will shell out some decent campaign money for blockbuster Free Guy (Jodie Comer – actress in a comedy GG nominee?) but the contractual minimum for a box-office underperformer such as The Last Duel.

Chastain can rely on Searchlight’s powerful awards team to get her to a nom. Comer isn’t so fortunate.

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

What if Spencer tanks at the box office?

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I do agree that box office probably won’t be an important factor. Even No Time to Die is having an underwhelming box office performance at US. Older audiences are not going back to the theaters. West Side Story will probably tank hard. Everything non-franchise related (but even Bond is having a hard time) will probably have a difficult time being a hit.

The thing is, The Last Duel box office is bad even for the current standards and it’s a consequence of the lack of marketing. If Disney didn’t even care to market it, they won’t campaign it for the Oscars.

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

For f^%$ sake could this forum stop talking about box office? It’s literally irrelevant this year. If there ever was a year similar to 2020 when it doesn’t matter, it’s 2021. Almost every film that isn’t a big budget spectacle is underperforming at the box-office. Not a single BP nominee will do big numbers, not even Dune. That also applies for practically 80% of the potential nominees in other categories.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Box office isn’t really something that’s going to be a huge signifier for Spencer. As long as the “right” people (aka voters) see it, Stewart’s frontrunner status is still secure.

But honestly, I think Spencer will do very well at the box office, at least for a film of its kind. People were worried that The Crown was going to tire people out from Princess Di, but it’s only made them ravenous for more, and the hype for this movie is SERIOUS. It honestly even helps that Stewart is a bit of a controversial pick, because it’ll motivate people to see it more just purely for “Is she really THAT good?”

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Today marks 70 years of I LOVE LUCY

If there’s going to be any new updates on BEING THE RICARDOS, today would be the day

Lucie Arnaz has said a “sneak peek” of the film is expected next week. Of course, she also described seeing the film and praised it highly – you come away almost believing BTR is bound to sweep all major categories.

Btr

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

1. Nicole Kidman
    2. Olivia Colman
    3. Kristen Stewart
    4. Halle Berry
    5. Penelope Cruz

🤪

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Spencer is going to be a priority for academy members regardless of box office with its rave reviews for its central performance, its pedigree and its biopic nature just like JudyViceJackie etc.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I’m glad the Globes won’t be leading this year, makes things messier (in a fun way) and they don’t deserve to be the ones to set the tone, but Reinsve could’ve really benefited from having that platform as a nominee. Comedy/Musical Actress isn’t particularly competitive, so I think she’ll be nominated and she could absolutely win. Kidman would’ve been her biggest competition. Again, won’t make a difference this year though.

I am predicting a nod for her at CC though.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Lucie Arnaz has said a “sneak peek” of the film is expected next week. Of course, she also described seeing the film and praised it highly – you come away almost BTR is bound to sweep all major categories. Btr

I don’t know sweep too many competition maybe make up , best actress and best supporting actor for javier.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I am predicting a nod for her at CC though.

BAFTA is also possible with the jury.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Entela
    Topics:

What if Spencer tanks at the box office?

If?

Profile picture
    Doshi
    Topics:

There was another SAG screening last night of Spencer & Q&A with Kristen afterwards hmmm so kstew is really putting in the work.
    Seems like another successful SAG screening tho :

“ABC7Veronica: A shockingly different and fascinating take on #Diana. Kristen Stewart was feral and wild in @Spencer_Movie… words I didn’t think you could use to describe the Princess of Wales.

Worth a watch in theaters. I think we will be hearing a lot about Spencer this awards season!“

”luketadams: Spencer was an amazing film and I fully expect Kristen Stewart to get an Oscar nomination for her portrayal of Princess Diana. Here’s a little more of Kristen at the post screening Q&A talking about the role.“

“bverhoe: Kristen Stewart was excellent in #Spencer  for many reasons, but mainly because she captured the love Diana had for her sons and how even through her darkest of times, all she wanted to do was be a great mother.“

Profile picture
    Doshi
    Topics:

Another week & still no news of House of Gucci & Being the Ricardos!

hmmmm I wonder what’s happening?!? What’s the holdup?

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Another week & still no news of House of Gucci & Being the Ricardos! hmmmm I wonder what’s happening?!? What’s the holdup?

I tried uploading Lucie talking about BTR. But here’s a short summary:
    – it’s fricken amazing
    – Nicole looks beautiful in it and she’s glad she doesn’t look exactly like her mom cause it would have been too much
    – Aaron captured the time, tension and story
    – sneak peek next week

I had my fix with Bruised trailer and next week will be being with the ricardos

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 19)’ is closed to new replies.