Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 19)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 19)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 521 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
wolfali
BigJay2012
  • Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Another week & still no news of House of Gucci & Being the Ricardos!

hmmmm I wonder what’s happening?!? What’s the holdup?

Lucie Arnaz said today that a look at Being the Ricardos is coming next week. As far as House of Gucci goes, 🤷‍♂️.

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Lucie Arnaz said today that a look at Being the Ricardos is coming next week. As far as House of Gucci goes, 🤷‍♂️.

It’s funny to me that Lucie Arnaz has been like…….the film’s publicist and source of news so far lol.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

It’s interesting because The Eyes of Tammy Faye’s buzz literally ran out the second after it was released and the film tanked at the box office but apparently Chastain is a locked second. Yet Comer for some reason can’t make it in with strong reviews for a film improving in critical reception (that is a bigger contender overall) and only has just opened and has some buzz going for it.

The Last Duel will play out exactly like Tammy Faye. Last Duel buzz will come and go within 2 weeks. Although Comer is excellent in this, the film is bombing and no one will be talking about her or the film soon if she stays in lead conversation. She will likely be forgotten. Her best chance is supporting.  TLD is a better film than Tammy Faye, but the buzz has not died down for Chastain. She’s clearly still in conversation. Let’s not write her off so soon.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

What if Spencer tanks at the box office?

A film that has a very positive buzz, is publicised with stunning promotions and is centered on a character who is (not was) one of the most well-known human being from modern era portrayed by a famous actor will tank?

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    Gunpowder M.M.
    Topics:

Not to ruin the Jodie Comer nomination campaign but I do not think she has enough screen time to compete with the leading ladies, all the nominees are the clear lead, with Comer it’s about her but the film does not show her as much as you’d think the marketing would like you to believe. She did great with what she had but I’ll eat my hat if she get any noms at the precursors besides the CC. Kidman, Blanchett and Berry have came to eat.

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

Stick a fork in Comer either as Lead or Supporting. TLD’s Thursday previews are abysmal 350K. Opening under 5M is done deal. Worse than Green Knight (almost 7M) lol and that was an arthouse with no stars. At least the movie ended up with strong reviews and Comer was raved so no one should feel bad for making it. Only the studio for dumping it which is what I was warning GD about for months and months and was called a hater. Well, toldja. Now MGM better NOT pull that s*** with Gucci. Marketing needs to pick up. They are done with promoting NTTD so Gucci should be their priority.

If she was campaigned in supporting, she’d be number 1 right now. Box office predictions aren’t great, but what is really doing well outside of Action, Sequels, family films, and  horror films? Very little. I highly doubt it’s stick a fork in Comer just so soon lol. You’re quick to write someone off so soon based on the box office. The film has its biggest letdown with the script, but even a weak box office, it won’t stop the conversation of Jodie Comers performance.

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

Not to ruin the Jodie Comer nomination campaign but I do not think she has enough screen time to compete with the leading ladies, all the nominees are the clear lead, with Comer it’s about her but the film does not show her as much as you’d think the marketing would like you to believe. She did great with what she had but I’ll eat my hat if she get any noms at the precursors besides the CC. Kidman, Blanchett and Berry have came to eat.

Yep I totally agree. Outside of BAFTA, you know they are throwing her in no matter what. If she stays in lead, I only see Critic awards and BAFTA nomination.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

https://film.netflixawards.com/bruised

The Netflix website is  🆙 there still adding a lot movies.

Keep this page bookmarked as some pages are still listed as ‘Coming Soon’ or haven’t updated their previous season pages but are expected to in the weeks to come.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

It’s funny to me that Lucie Arnaz has been like…….the film’s publicist and source of news so far lol.

Well, she IS one of the film’s producers….

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Well, she IS one of the film’s producers….

True, except that producers who are not also directors or main actors rarely serve this role. I just find it funny because the film has so much pedigree but she seems to have been almost accidentally thrust into this role because we’re getting zero info from the studio, the actors, or the writer-director (until recently). It’s just because she’s their daughter and that’s only odd to me because… we don’t see it very often because it feels a bit…propagandistic / glorifying. If the Williams sisters started being the main public promoters of King Richard it would be a tad worrying to me, that’s all I’m saying.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Hollywood Foreign Press sets January 9 for Golden Globe Awards with or without a telecast

After the Golden Globes were put on hold, the Critics Choice Association swooped in and took both the previous nomination and show date from the Globes (December 13 and January 9, respectively). Now they’re on the same day. It’s gonna be a showdown. #GoldenGlobes #CriticsChoice

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

I can’t believe that had 100/1 odds on Jodie Comer and dropped her because of this forum’s ramblings after The Last Duel’s embargo was lifted lol (although thankfully I managed to get her again at 56/1 odds) I would drop Gaga. With how strong her performance is being received and Netflix firmly behind her I think (whilst not a lock) Colman is the closest thing to “safe” in this category after Stewart.

I dropped Stewart, Chastain, and McDormand so I have you beat. My initial lineup when the center opened was those three, Gaga, and Blanchett, and then I dropped all but Gaga for Comer, Cruz (good), Colman (good), and Thompson, just to want them back. I was so impulsive 😭

Oscars FYC:

Dune in Picture, Director, Adapted Screenplay, Score, Sound, Production Design, Cinematography, Makeup and Hairstyling, Costume Design, Film Editing, and Visual Effects

Free Guy in Visual Effects

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I dropped Stewart, Chastain, and McDormand so I have you beat. My initial lineup when the center opened was those three, Gaga, and Blanchett, and then I dropped all but Gaga for Comer, Cruz (good), Colman (good), and Thompson, just to want them back. I was so impulsive 😭

1 Kristen

2 Olivia

3 Penelope

4 Halle

5 Nicole

I know your pain. 😂

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

After the Golden Globes were put on hold, the Critics Choice Association swooped in and took both the previous nomination and show date from the Globes (December 13 and January 9, respectively). Now they’re on the same day. It’s gonna be a showdown. #GoldenGlobes #CriticsChoice

I’ll watch neither.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

A film that has a very positive buzz, is publicised with stunning promotions and is centered on a character who is (not was) one of the most well-known human being from modern era portrayed by a famous actor will tank?

it could happen.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 19)’ is closed to new replies.