Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 518 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
Diamond Tier
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Part 2 is now open.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

We got to 50 parts last year. By the way it’s already going, we’ll be there by November

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

We got to 50 parts last year. By the way it’s already going, we’ll be there by November

Hey, I’m sorry you were treated so awfully in the last one. You were being really patient. I think maybe we should all collectively decide to ignore certain people (I promise you, they’re not just Kristen Stewart-haters, they’re the same people who are obnoxious over and over about everything).

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Hey, I’m sorry you were treated so awfully in the last one. You were being really patient. I think maybe we should all collectively decide to ignore certain people (I promise you, they’re not just Kristen Stewart-haters, they’re the same people who are obnoxious over and over about everything).

Ah it’s OK. I have thick skin and I know how these forums are. I’ll live

FYC
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

I’m not sure how to post a GIF, but if I did, I’d post one of Kirsten Dunst because I’m rooting for her!

FYC -
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, The Lost Daughter, Mass
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Fran Kranz
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Corey Hawkins, Jason Isaacs
    Supporting Actress: Ruth Negga, Kirsten Dunst, Rebecca Ferguson, Martha Plimpton, Ann Dowd
    O. Screenplay: Spencer, Mass
    A. Screenplay: The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter
    Score: Jonny Greenwood (Dog/Spencer)

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

She’s coming

Impossachievable

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

This thread would even be more interesting once Kristen Stewart winning Volpi, Early contenders like Jessica Chastain, Frances McDormand, Lady Gaga and Jennifer Hudson all flopping with their movies like Amy Adams, Kate Winslet and Zendaya (not an early contender but she was above Andra Day at some point) last year and underestimated contenders like Tessa Thompson, Thomasin McKenzie/Anya Taylor Joy or Olivia Colman entered the mix just like Carey Mulligan and Vanessa Kirby last year.

Bring it on!

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Natalie Portman not winning Venice is cause to be concerned, but I will predict Kristen winning Volpi until she can’t.

FYC

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

It would be amazing. But I’d put my money on Penelope Cruz for the Volpi. Then Dunst, then Gainsbourg, then Stewart. But mostly Cruz because 2 films in competition and it’s seemingly the one award she’s never won!

I actually think Penelope Cruz could be a contender for Parallel Mothers at the Oscars too. Even if the film is weird, Almodovar gets actors nods: she could get one like Banderas got one for Pain and Glory. The trailer looks awesome!

FYC:
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

kd

FYC:

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

I’m still predicting a Dunst supporting win.

Profile picture
    Crackleking
    Topics:

I think we may be underestimating the power of Jennifer Hudson. She is a past winner, playing Aretha Frankilin whom will certaintly give a baity, show stopping performance. Respect ‘s early release date will allow the buzz to build up for her performance which could translate in early critics wins and so on. At the very least she looks like a very safe nominee.

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

I think we may be underestimating the power of Jennifer Hudson. She is a past winner, playing Aretha Frankilin whom will certaintly give a baity, show stopping performance. Respect ‘s early release date will allow the buzz to build up for her performance which could translate in early critics wins and so on. At the very least she looks like a very safe nominee.

Jennifer Hudson is not winning critics awards for Respect, come on. I agree that she makes a lot of sense as a nominee, but she’s not going to win unless her movie is actually a contender for nominations in other major categories or her competition is weak.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I just read the book again. My lord, how great this material is. It’s just so good. I literally counted—Phil & Rose (Cumberbatch & Dunst) have almost equal internal lives. The book doesn’t have a lot of dialogue, and the story with Phil torturing Rose ends up having tragic consequences for both of them (I won’t say more), but moreso for Phil because of what it reveals about him, and the role Peter (McPhee) plays at the end.

If Dunst gets frauded—which she might if she doesn’t win the Volpi or whatever—that does nix Conroy & McKenzie who genuinely are substantial supporting characters.

I also think Dunst can win in lead. It’s that good of a character/plot. If Cumberbatch doesn’t look like he’s the frontrunner, Dunst will win in Lead instead. It’s a big if but very, very possible. She’s 100% a co-lead!

FYC:

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.