Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 521 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
Music Forever
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

As much as I love Lady Gaga and would love to see her win, Frances McDormand is pretty unstoppable especially with such an iconic role as Lady MacBeth. So I don’t see her winning

The Macbeth that apparently got rejected from Venice for being bad? Also she’s not winning a fourth back to back. Not happening for any role in anything.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Frances McDormand would need to have the most acclaimed performance of the year in the most acclaimed film of the year in order to win back-to-back. Not happening. Wake up.

1. Knowing Frances McDormand that is possible to pull off, 2. The woman has never lost when nominated for Best Actress. Predicting her to win that category isn’t crazy at all, especially considering she is playing an extremely iconic role.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Not how that works. Oscar voters don’t think about things the same way as Gaga stans do.

Of course they’ll push her, she’s the only major female character. But you’re reading way too much into the poster order (eg, Pacino I know for a fact has a bigger role than Irons but Irons has more poster precedence).

*Sighs*
    It’s not only about the poster. It’s all the things you’ve mentioned.

A remind that the studio probably wants the movie to be a hit at the box office and putting Gaga at the center of the marketing it’s a good path to that.

She’s the POV character, so it makes sense that they push her more.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

*Sighs *It’s not only about the poster. It’s all the things you’ve mentioned. A remind that the studio probably wants the movie to be a hit at the box office and putting Gaga at the center of the marketing it’s a good path to that. She’s the POV character, so it makes sense that they push her more.

From your original comment I assumed you were talking about awards, clearly.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Lol not people taking the Frances McDormand Best Actress winning streak statistic seriously. Eventually the statistic will break just like Best picture winner and SAG ensemble nominee (The Shape of Water)

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

1. No. Just because it’s possible doesn’t mean it’s likely. It’s not likely at all, and you’re just delusional. 2. The fact that she has never ever lost when nominated for Best Actress doesn’t prove shit. That’s just a statistic, not particularly helped by the fact that she’s only been nominated three times in this category. That isn’t an actual argument. Stop being stupid.

You can share a different opinion with someone else without being a bitch. And I am not being delusional by suggesting that Frances McDormand has a chance at winning the Oscar and having a well-received performance. And it’s a little ridiculous of you to say that being undefeated is not as impressive considering she’s been nominated 3 times, winning 3 Oscars in the same category in a row is an amazing feat.

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

Never underestimate Frances McDormand in a Joel Coen directed movie. That’s all.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Lets wait the trailer before calling it anything

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

We got to 50 parts last year. By the way it’s already going, we’ll be there by November

You have the Queen in contention, so your dream will come through

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

So Gaga is winning because twitter is excited about a few posters? Ok

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Gaga looks very safe. Unless the movie scored below 50%RT/50 MC or she didnt get favouravle reception shes safe for nomination

Yep, I agree. Unfortunately, in the event of unfavorable critical reception, the hype machine is just too damn big lol

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Lady Gaga is not winning an Oscar for this lol.

Yeah…….winning? C’mon. A Golden Globe, yeah. AMPAS is snootier than to just hand her the win, especially if the performance itself isn’t as critically acclaimed as A Star is Born, which is just a high bar she set for herself there (not for me personally, but that seemed to be a consensus).

FYC:

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

I don’t have a winner prediction here yet really, probably De Armas if I was pressed to choose, but I think Gaga is the safest pick for a nomination. Gucci seems like it’s destined to be one of the most talked about and viewed films of the season (probably not far off ASIB), and the campaign will be big. Be really surprised if she ends up not making it unless the film gets a negative reception.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

I don’t have a winner prediction here yet really, probably De Armas if I was pressed to choose

Blonde was delayed to 2022.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

The woman has never lost when nominated for Best Actress. Predicting her to win that category isn’t crazy at all, especially considering she is playing an extremely iconic role.

My lord, this stat was made to be broken. Nobody is that lucky, nobody. She will most certainly get more Best Actress nods in the future, and lose most of them. A sample size of 3 makes a really impressive pattern but hardly a ironclad rule. And I love McDormand!

FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.