Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 518 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
Diamond Tier
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

AW believes Kirsten Dunst will go supporting in their new Best Actress article just released.

https://awardswatch.com/2022-oscar-predictions-best-actress-july/

Good. She is guaranteed a nom there. The ba line up looks weak this year too…last strong line up was when Colman won.

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

Gaga is an Oscar winner and best actress nominee in a baity movie by a director with a great history at Oscars. Spencer’s director is loved too but not as much as Ridley Scott. Gaga is stronger till KStew actually wins Volpi.

You talk as if Ridley Scott isn’t one of the most inconsistent directors out there, nice try lol

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

I think she’s the first American Actress, someone said that on here the other day

Yeah Adrien Brody has one.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

You talk as if Ridley Scott isn’t one of the most inconsistent directors out there, nice try lol

I agree. Ridley Scott is very likely to fail. But why not trust Scott and academy award best actress nominee Gaga over director of Jackie and KStew who has yet to receive any awards love in Us.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

AW believes Kirsten Dunst will go supporting in their new Best Actress article just released. https://awardswatch.com/2022-oscar-predictions-best-actress-july/

Interesting! I wonder who he heard it from.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Doubtful. One is playing Princess Diana and has the chance to win Volpi and potentially have a BAFTA advantage like many of the most recent years. The other is playing someone not as well-known who probably won’t win much at all and could easily be snubbed by the jury (tho Stewart could too, but that’s honestly something I doubt)

I agree that Stewart has an advantage over Gaga at the BAFTAs, but at the Oscars Stewart getting nominated would shock me.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I agree that Stewart has an advantage over Gaga at the BAFTAs, but at the Oscars Stewart getting nominated would shock me.

Natalie Portman got in for Jackie and that also got Costumes and Score, so I don’t think it’s that crazy personally

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

I agree. Ridley Scott is very likely to fail. But why not trust Scott and academy award best actress nominee Gaga over director of Jackie and KStew who has yet to receive any awards love in Us.

Unlike Scott, Pablo Larrain is very consistent and all his films have good reviews. His only misfire is a tv show.  And Stewart has already won big critics awards in the U.S.

But to be clear, I think it’s silly this discussion of who is stronger than who when all films are unseen. I just think it’s absurd to pretend someone is safe for a Scott film.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Stewart getting in anywhere would be shocking. It’s the flat wig for me. Sis is giving DIane Sawyer & NOT Princess DIana.

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

I think my current top 5 is:

1. Cruz, Parallel Mothers

2. Chastain, Eyes of Tammy Faye

3. Gaga, House of Gucci

4. McDormand, Tragedy of Macbeth

5. Hudson, Respect

I see Stewart basically on a level-pegging with those six and she could win if she nails it. I think she has better winning odds than Gaga and McDormand by a margin if the film is a hit, but is less likely to get a nom if that makes sense. It seems to me like a performance and narrative that critic circles will really get behind if the performance is good, so she might have a route in there.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Unlike Scott, Pablo Larrain is very consistent and all his films have good reviews. His only misfire is a tv show. And Stewart has already won big critics awards in the U.S.

But to be clear, I think it’s silly this discussion of who is stronger than who when all films are unseen. I just think it’s absurd to pretend someone is safe for a Scott film.

Gaga is a top contender for me till more movies with lead actress contenders release. Kristen too but atp I put Gaga over her. Jhuds movie is likely getting panned.
    The Gucci trailer can’t come soon enough.

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

Stewart getting in anywhere would be shocking. It’s the flat wig for me. Sis is giving DIane Sawyer & NOT Princess DIana.  

I wouldn’t judge a performance from a still image to be fair.

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

Gaga is a top contender for me till more movies with lead actress contenders release. Kristen too but atp I put Gaga over her. Jhuds movie is likely getting panned. The Gucci trailer can’t come soon enough.

Fair enough, I think we can honestly make a case for anyone when the race hasn’t started and all films are unseen.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

1. Kristen Stewart – Spencer

2. Cate Blanchett – Nightmare Alley

3. Frances McDormand – The Tragedy of Macbeth

4. Jennifer Hudson – Respect

5. Lady Gaga – House of Gucci

I could see Hudson or Gaga missing but I don’t have a reason to leave them out for now. Winning two years in a row is extremely difficult, so I don’t see McDormand taking it. That leaves Blanchett and Stewart. Blanchett could happen as her role is apparently baitty as hell. The big thing though is that Nightmare Alley smells like The Irishman/Trial of the Chicago 7 to me where it starts out as an early frontrunner and gets a solid nomination haul but ultimately doesn’t win anything. I think Blanchett is probably the film’s best shot at winning anything. I’ve already explained why Stewart is my frontrunner multiple times, and I think so long as she delivers she’s gonna be in the conversation (and seriously, do NOT underestimate her having a BAFTA advantage in a Colman/Close situation it happens too often to not consider it)

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

I wouldn’t judge a performance from a still image to be fair.

I’m judging Kristen Stewart’s inability to convey charisma, uniqueness, nerve, or talent. Homegirl can’t act. And non-delusional people are supposed to buy her as an Oscar frontrunner let alone a nominee? It’s rather silly.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.