Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 518 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
Diamond Tier
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Says the user who likes every post equating Kristen Stewart’s talent & Oscar potential to that of Natalie Portman & Renée Zellweger. Stop.

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

I really don’t like Kristen Stewart but counting her out at this point seems foolish. She has the role, she has the director. I really hope she doesn’t make it (if the performance is on par with what she has done so far – if it’s better it’s obviously a different thing) but it’s not like being a bad actor has ever prevented anyone from being nominated for an Oscar.

FYC - Oscars 2022:
    NINE DAYS in all categories, including:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Original Screenplay
    - Best Actor (Winston Duke)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Zazie Beetz)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Benedict Wong)

RIDERS OF JUSTICE:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Original Screenplay
    - Best Actor (Mads Mikkelsen)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Nicolas Bro)

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

I do think Stewart will need Spencer to be stronger generally than Jackie as she’s not a previous nominee or winner and won’t have that extra boost behind her of having been previously recognised.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

You. Cannot. Compare. Renée. Zellweger. To. Kristen. Stewart. This is where the discussion loses me. By the time Judy released, Zellweger had already built a reputation for herself as a transformative actress who is respected, highly acclaimed, & awarded. Kristen Stewart has NONE of that. She’ll need to overcome bias & skepticism in order to achieve frontrunner status. Homegirl is NOT an undeniable talent or reigning “it” girl to beat out the likes of Frances McDormand or Cate Blanchett.

Oh for fuck’s sake, I was not comparing the two. I was using an example of making a prediction despite not liking someone. I thought that was clear as day.

Now I want Stewart to win even more so she can drink your tears as Anthony Hopkins hands her an Oscar

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Oh for fuck’s sake, I was not comparing the two.

But you literally were lol. You haven’t even seen Spencer to make the comparison. Plus, there’s no way in hell Stewart gives a better performance than Zellweger in any movie. Okurrr. So glad you’ll be thinking of me on Oscar night 😂

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Just last year these people nominated a singer a most people had hardly heard of (who has never acted before) for playing Billie Holiday in a flop movie. I’m not a fan of Stewart’s personally (I just find her ok) nor am I predicting her at the moment but these people LOVE biopic performances and with more and more international members (and more specifically European and British), it’s not as if no one in the academy is aware of Stewart’s status in European and independent cinema.

Until someone has seen this movie and her performance, it’s naive to count her out. Especially considering how well the film’s director’s last biopic film did in awards nominations for its lead.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, Shiva Baby, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall, Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Andrew Garfield, Winston Duke/James McAvoy
    Actress: Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant, Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Just last year these people nominated a singer a most people had hardly heard of (who has never acted before) for playing Billie Holiday in a flop movie.

Lies! Andra Day was a Grammy nominated singer & Oscar performer before she got in for Billie Holiday. Sis was definitely known. Try again.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Lies! Andra Day was a Grammy nominated singer & Oscar performer before she got in for Billie Holiday. Sis was definitely known. Try again.

Maybe amongst your Gold Derby music forum.

FYC:
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

It’s naive to count out any actress performance to be fair.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Maybe amongst your Gold Derby music forum.

“Rise Up” was literally performed everywhere & is her signature hit. Maybe YOU didn’t know her because you live in La La Land. But Andra Day was definitely known sis.

She also performed at the Oscars. Which is your forum.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

For someone from the music forum you seem to really be unaware of the definition of a one hit wonder.

For someone from the Oscar forum you seem to be really unaware of who performs at the ceremonies. So much for being an “expert” Lol 😂

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

“Rise Up” was literally performed everywhere & is her signature hit. Maybe YOU didn’t know her because you live in La La Land. But Andra Day was definitely known sis. She also performed at the Oscars. Which is your forum.

This is extremely anecdotal, but I had never heard of Andra Day until last year when The Oscar Expert talked about her in one of his predictions videos. And I listen to several albums a year. Maybe not everyone is as aware as you

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

“Rise Up” was literally performed everywhere & is her signature hit. Maybe YOU didn’t know her because you live in La La Land. But Andra Day was definitely known sis. She also performed at the Oscars. Which is your forum.

Being a one hit wonder means everyone knows who you are? Ooh in that case I didn’t know Duffy is as famous as Beyonce because everyone knows “Mercy”!

FYC:

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

This is extremely anecdotal, but I had never heard of Andra Day until last year when The Oscar Expert talked about her in one of his predictions videos. And I listen to several albums a year. Maybe not everyone is as aware as you

No shade but it’s probably because you’re White. Andra Day makes R&B music which is a predominately Black genre. That’s probably not your wheelhouse.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Being a one hit wonder means everyone knows who you are? Ooh in that case I didn’t know Duffy is as famous as Beyonce because everyone knows “Mercy”!

Duffy isn’t as “famous” as Beyoncé but she’s definitely known. Her debut did win a Grammy after all & “Mercy” was a big hit. Aren’t you the same person who didn’t know Tammy Faye & got schooled? Figures. Lol

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.