Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 518 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
Diamond Tier
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

What a year for this thread, eh? Two actors (Gaga and Kristen Stewart) both of whom have an insane number of stans (yes I know on different scales, because Stewart’s not an international pop star) and both probably elicit the most extreme views in terms of their acting ability. I’ll say what I think honestly—though this is just what I think now and may well change once I see the films: I don’t think Spencer will be Stewart’s ticket to a nod. Not her very first at least—I think she needs a performance more along the lines of Clouds of Sils Maria to get in. I’m also maybe…not so sure about the writer who wrote the infamous Serenity amongst other heinous things and the occasional good screenplay. I think Stewart will likely give a more dedicated, actorly performance than Gaga who will get nominated despite not totally deserving it, because…that’s what superstar-dom gets ya. I’ll be quite happy to be wrong if either/both of them turn in wonderful performances. As of now, it looks to me like Gaga will be taking a spot from somebody like Comer or somebody who is truly wonderful.

We will see by the time Gucci is released. Remember, Amy Adams and Kate Winslet were Top 2 before Hillbily and Ammonite gets wide release and they seemed Untouchables. Carey Mulligan got dismissed and was outside Top 5 because her movie/performances is “too edgy” and “turned off male voters” and Vanessa Kirby wasnt even in Conversation before Venice.

I wonder who will sneak in like Mulligan and Kirby by the end of the year…

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

This will be another annoying season with all of the overhyping of Gaga’s performance. That movie looks horrible.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Darlings, Cheap Madonna looked fabulous and classy. Oh my goodness. Dear Ridley Scott really delivered what we wanted. For all of those who say it’s not a juicy role, I bet we didn’t see any of her meatier Oscar clip moments (and based on the shooting leaks, she’s going to have several). Your Prime Minister is totally here for it, dear citizens.

I SCREAMED.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Carey Mulligan didn’t kill anyone in PYW lol 😂

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Carey Mulligan didn’t kill anyone in PYW lol 😂

Still gave the best performance of 2020 tho

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    winslets
    Topics:

Darlings, Cheap Madonna looked fabulous and classy. Oh my goodness. Dear Ridley Scott really delivered what we wanted. For all of those who say it’s not a juicy role, I bet we didn’t see any of her meatier Oscar clip moments (and based on the shooting leaks, she’s going to have several). Your Prime Minister is totally here for it, dear citizens.

CHEAP MADONNA

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Still gave the best performance of 2020 tho

Delroy Lindo says hi

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Delroy Lindo says hi

Incredible work no doubt, and he was horribly robbed. But did he say “can you guess what every woman’s worst nightmare is?”

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

The Oscars love super famous actors playing real people Kristen as Diana is enough for a oscar nom.

Gaga Rises! She’s gonna clean up, you can close the shop. What a fun trailer and Gaga is perfection. Holy ****!

Gaga is the next Meryl Streep huns

This will be another annoying season with all of the overhyping of Gaga’s performance. That movie looks horrible.

All of these comments just made me go: OK. Lol, maybe you’re right, I hope you are. All of you…somehow…

BUT…

Darlings, Cheap Madonna looked fabulous and classy.

This brutal murder >>> whatever Gaga does in House of Gucci 😂

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Incredible work no doubt, and he was horribly robbed. But did he say “can you guess what every woman’s worst nightmare is?”

Honestly just ignore that attention seeking troll.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Honestly just ignore that attention seeking troll.

Honestly why do you have your britches in a bunch? It’s not even that deep. Maybe you should press ignore…but you won’t. 😉

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Honestly, Gaga was better than I expected but I still need to watch more. The trailer served camp but it kinda looked bad in several scenes. With that said, if she’s acclaimed she’s obviously getting in. And the movie only needs to get okay to good reviews, for her to be a contender. I also need more reviews to come out of her competitors, to start shaping my predictions.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

The Oscars love super famous actors playing real people Kristen as Diana is enough for a oscar nom.

Jean Seberg & Joan Jett were real people. OK I know, cheap shots because they weren’t good movies, and they’re not Diana. All I’m saying is: it’s not a sure thing. I don’t think Stewart’s acting toolbox is best suited to playing real people anyway, but again, delighted to be proven wrong. Genuinely. I genuinely like Kristen Stewart not just because she can be very good in the right parts, but she seems delightfully down-to-earth and fairly intelligent as a person.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I take it Diamond Tier hasn’t figured out yet that even when you press “Ignore”, their comments still show up in other people’s posts, huh

FYC:

Profile picture
    yabixz
    Topics:

Jodie Comer rise

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.