Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 518 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
Diamond Tier
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

I take it Diamond Tier hasn’t figured out yet that even when you press “Ignore”, their comments still show up in other people’s posts, huh

I take it you haven’t realized literally NO ONE cares that you’ve read TPOTD 6 billion times LOL 😂 huh

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

People still laugh at Madonna comparisons in 2021 💀

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

House of Gucci!!
    Gaga is coming for that Oscar

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

At least one of Comer and Gaga are happening. Ridley Scott may not make a film as strong a competitor as Gladiator anymore but he is still someone who can still make films people in the industry see or care about. Even All the Money in the World got an acting nomination.

Likewise both Gaga and Comer have baity performances and even though the receptions towards their films are up in the air, from the trailers both look like they are the standouts of their films and neither look like they give performances that are going to be poorly received.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Chocoesq
    Topics:

Honestly, between Gaga and Comer’s performances in the trailers, I preferred Gaga and that isn’t something I thought I would be saying.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Honestly, between Gaga and Comer’s performances in the trailers, I preferred Gaga and that isn’t something I thought I would be saying.

Yup. Gaga’s moments stood out more.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I read both the stories in extreme detail and both are good, although Gucci Murder story is much more spicy and compelling and scandalous than the Last Duel one. Gaga’s character is the one with which the plot moves in Gucci. She’ll have a larger arc. That being said, Comer will have great moments.
    Maybe 2 Director noms for Ridley this year? I’m betting on Gucci now to get Lead Actress, Supporting Actor (Leto), Director,Film, Cinematography,Costume,Makeup, Production Design, Editing, Screenplay,Sound,Score and a lead actor nom for Driver for either Gucci or Annette or The Last Duel (where maybe he’s supporting).

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Gaga and Jodie together…. unlikely, but not impossible imo. Different studios, very different roles, very baity roles. And the two of them seem to be the standouts of their respective films. We’ll see.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Gaga got the better trailer, Comer got rectangles on her face, not really a fair comparison lol.

But yeah it’s not as if they’re competing solely with each other. Honestly I don’t know which film will “happen”, if either of them happen, but even if Gaga is good in the better film, as of now I think Comer will be even better in the worse one.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Still gave the best performance of 2020 tho

The best performance of 2020 won best actress tho

Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

Hum no lol McDormand is not even a top 3 of 2020

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

This discussion of “best performance of 2020” is bound to end in choas. It’s such a subjective topic.
    I, personally,found Kirby and Flannigan in my top 3 but it may not be the same for all.

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Strange way to spell best actor.

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

At least one of Comer and Gaga are happening. Ridley Scott may not make a film as strong a competitor as Gladiator anymore but he is still someone who can still make films people in the industry see or care about. Even All the Money in the World got an acting nomination. Likewise both Gaga and Comer have baity performances and even though the receptions towards their films are up in the air, from the trailers both look like they are the standouts of their films and neither look like they give performances that are going to be poorly received.

To be fair, All the Money in the World got an acting nomination because of Plummer replacing Spacey. There’s no way Spacey would have been nominated over people like Stuhlbarg, Hammer, Shannon, etc. if the scandal hadn’t come out and if he had stayed in the role.

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

I read both the stories in extreme detail and both are good, although Gucci Murder story is much more spicy and compelling and scandalous than the Last Duel one. Gaga’s character is the one with which the plot moves in Gucci. She’ll have a larger arc. That being said, Comer will have great moments. Maybe 2 Director noms for Ridley this year? I’m betting on Gucci now to get Lead Actress, Supporting Actor (Leto), Director,Film, Cinematography,Costume,Makeup, Production Design, Editing, Screenplay,Sound,Score and a lead actor nom for Driver for either Gucci or Annette or The Last Duel (where maybe he’s supporting).

Ridley Scott is not getting double Best Director nominations. That should not even have to be said. And no, House of Gucci is not getting nominated for 13 categories. Why are you predicting such a massive overperformance for it?

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.