Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 518 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
Diamond Tier
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Two actors (Gaga and Kristen Stewart) both of whom have an insane number of stans (yes I know on different scales, because Stewart’s not an international pop star) and both probably elicit the most extreme views in terms of their acting ability. I’ll say what I think honestly—though this is just what I think now and may well change once I see the films: I don’t think Spencer will be Stewart’s ticket to a nod. Not her very first at least—I think she needs a performance more along the lines of Clouds of Sils Maria to get in. I’m also maybe…not so sure about the writer who wrote the infamous Serenity amongst other heinous things and the occasional good screenplay. I think Stewart will likely give a more dedicated, actorly performance than Gaga who will get nominated despite not totally deserving it, because…that’s what superstar-dom gets ya. I’ll be quite happy to be wrong if either/both of them turn in wonderful performances. As of now, it looks to me like Gaga will be taking a spot from somebody like Comer or somebody who is truly wonderful. The Oscars love super famous actors playing real people Kristen as Diana is enough for a oscar nom.

I agree 💯 percent so sad that people who truly deserved to win won’t it will be a popularity contest.

Profile picture
    Diogo Duarte
    Topics:

Cinematography and Score for House of Gucci lol what a joke

Profile picture
    SaulAtreides
    Topics:

Yeah I’m not seeing cinematography, it looks like a trailer for a tv series.

Profile picture
    Diogo Duarte
    Topics:

In the BEST case I can see Picture, Actress, Supp Actor, Screenplay, Editing, Costumes and Make Up. 7 nominations

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Cinematography is for sure out of the question. It was by far the weakest link of the trailer and in several scenes you could tell the background was CGI. Especially in the black and white shots.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Synthadora
    Topics:

I like it. Contenders need some fun but there’s no way you can hype this movie whilst shitting on Jessica chastain.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Will the trailer for Spencer drop before it premieres at Venice?

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

1. It was Oscar bait when Naomi Watts played her too… we saw how that turned out 2. The role has been done 14 times between TV and film, including just last year and Emma Corrin won nearly everything. Do you really think 2 Princess Diana roles are going to get that much recognition within 1 year? Honestly. Playing Princess Diana is almost as overrated than when actresses play Marilyn Monroe. It’s been done to death.

Here is the thing:

Who was behind the camera in Naomi Watts’ Diana?

at least Stewart has Larrain (who directed Portman to a Nomination) and Steven Knight (Im not sure in this one. Oscar nominated writer yet somewhat shaky)

On separate note, I feel like Chastain will be sidelined in favor of Blanchett or Ronan (Its not clear whether they go for 2021/2022 release but Searchlight have plenty in hands for Awards potentials movie for next year and 2023 as well)

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Looked fine…at some times felt like a parody to me but everyone else likes it. Also , Gaga is getting in unless the movie gets Hillbilly Elegy kind of reviews.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Jesus there was like 15 pages created from the last time I was here. Relex gaga stans Lady Gaga will be nominated regardless if HoG tanks in reviews. The acting branch loves their movie stars and transformative roles. Plus I’m pretty sure they are enamored with Gaga just as the music industry is.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Like someone pointed out, everytime Frances Mcdormand has won best actress Oscar and Lady Gaga was up for contention the next year, she was a nominee. No need to worry. She is getting in based on stats.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.