Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 518 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
Music Forever
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

I love Gaga and I’m so excited for her but that doesn’t look like a winning performance. A nom, surely.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Jesus there was like 15 pages created from the last time I was here. Relex gaga stans Lady Gaga will be nominated regardless if HoG tanks in reviews. The acting branch loves their movie stars and transformative roles. Plus I’m pretty sure they are enamored with Gaga just as the music industry is.

Not if its Hillbily Elegy level of flop honey….

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Jodie Comer rises

Umm.. it seems you has planned to trash Gaga and HoG even before the trailer and posters dropped. Very mature behavior indeed. Honey, it’ll be a long and tiring HATE journey for you to bash this film from now on. Hope you can make it through.

And no, I don’t think the trailer bombed as you wished lol.

I’m hoping Gucci trailer bombs tomorrow.
    1. I want to see the meltdowns on here and on AW
    2. Then we can REALLY say “Jodie Comer Rises” Unless they decide to put her in supporting, either way she’s coming

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Gaga is sweeping. Not even the fraudulently racist BAFTA can stop her

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

What? Ofc racism will not stop her because she is a white Italian.

Profile picture
    Donda
    Topics:

Gaga got acclaimed for ASIB mostly because she played against the type, people were genuinely interested in her being natural and stuff, this isn’t it here and without HPFA to throw 10+ nominations at this, I don’t think she’s coming near an Oscar win, even a nomination isn’t guaranteed lol. Also do not expect this to be a major player.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Here is the thing: Who was behind the camera in Naomi Watts’ Diana? at least Stewart has Larrain (who directed Portman to a Nomination) and Steven Knight (Im not sure in this one. Oscar nominated writer yet somewhat shaky) On separate note, I feel like Chastain will be sidelined in favor of Blanchett or Ronan (Its not clear whether they go for 2021/2022 release but Searchlight have plenty in hands for Awards potentials movie for next year and 2023 as well)

imagine Spencer’s Diana is actually a video game characters in The Sims: British Royalty Edition.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Up until now I have Gaga/Comer,Hudson and KStew as primary contenders since Dunst has been moved to supporting. If KStew wins Volpi cup she is definitely getting in, if the film is well reviewed she can win Oscar. The first look poster definitely made me doubt tho. It can also turn into a second Seberg.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Up until now I have Gaga/Comer,Hudson and KStew as primary contenders since Dunst has been moved to supporting. If KStew wins Volpi cup she is definitely getting in, if the film is well reviewed she can win Oscar. The first look poster definitely made me doubt tho. It can also turn into a second Seberg.

How do you know Dunst got moved to Supporting? Did GD update her category?

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Sis, she’s a privileged white woman. What racism are you talking about?

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Gaga got acclaimed for ASIB mostly because she played against the type, people were genuinely interested in her being natural and stuff, this isn’t it here and without HPFA to throw 10+ nominations at this, I don’t think she’s coming near an Oscar win, even a nomination isn’t guaranteed lol. Also do not expect this to be a major player.

“against the type”?
    The main talking point against ASIB was that she was playing herself, a musician and that her vocal performances carried the role.

If anything, I think this movie will showcase her ability to play a character who is totally different from the talented musician that she is in real life, in short her ability to act.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

How do you know Dunst got moved to Supporting? Did GD update her category?

Awards watch article. I do find the guy trustworthy. Most of his inside scoop has been true.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Ridley Scott is not getting double Best Director nominations. That should not even have to be said. And no, House of Gucci is not getting nominated for 13 categories. Why are you predicting such a massive overperformance for it?

people keep comparing it to American hustle for some reason and expect the same performance but i don’t see that happening tbh. for starters gucci looks like a messy telenovela imo

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

if you mean getting noms sure but there is no way she is winning this year. tbh she won’t even come close to win something that is not audience voted since golden globes are out of question and there is nothing she can buy to build herself a buzz. sure but she will be a nominee, we all at least agree on that

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

The main talking point against ASIB was that she was playing herself, a musician and that her vocal performances carried the role.

Definitely was not anywhere but in this forum. The GP didn’t think she was playing herself.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.