Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 518 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
Diamond Tier
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Has there been anything on Kstew’s performance yet? I’m so curious to see how she does. Normally I hate really famous people playing really famous people but Kristen is way more enigmatic than any of the 30ish year old peers who could have been cast. The trouble is so many people just don’t really know or understand who Diana really was.. Especially Americans. And anyone who wasn’t old enough to remember before she died just has this glorified saintly image of her. I can’t bear reading commentary about her from 25 year olds who watch The Crown and think they know her story.

I haven’t heard anything about the performance itself, but it playing at Venice and the talent behind it tells me it might me something

If respective movies of Jhud, Gaga and KStew are bad, I see Jhud winning the Oscar. Reminds me of Renee vs Charlize vs Cynthia race.

Since when was Cynthia ever considered a potential winner? I remember more people thinking ScarJo had a better shot at winning than Cynthia.

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Point is Gaga is coming to sweep and some of you are not prepared for that

She would be coming to sweep had Carey Mulligan, Rosamund Pike, Jill Clayburgh, Gena Rowlands, Margot Robbie, and many other women had swept for playing bold female characters. People like Kathy Bates and Natalie Portman only come once in a blue moon

FYC

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

The problem I have with Gaga winning atm is that she won’t have the GG this year to give her a push, and she’s for sure going to tank with the BAFTA jury (just like everyone in it).

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

She would be coming to sweep had Carey Mulligan, Rosamund Pike, Jill Clayburgh, Gena Rowlands, Margot Robbie, and many other women had swept for playing bold female characters. People like Kathy Bates and Natalie Portman only come once in a blue moon

And Gaga’s blue moon will shine upon her on March 27 2022. 🙂

Like you said, it isn’t impossible. It just requires the right role. She has one.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Since when was Cynthia ever considered a potential winner? I remember more people thinking ScarJo had a better shot at winning than Cynthia.

Agreed. All I am saying is if all 3 movies receive similar level of acclaim then they are all getting nominated in actress and Jhud will have best chance. Though I have heard Jhuds movie is terrible… hopefully not hillbilly elegy level terrible.,

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Agreed. All I am saying is if all 3 movies receive similar level of acclaim then they are all getting nominated in actress and Jhud will have best chance. Though I have heard Jhuds movie is terrible… hopefully not hillbilly elegy level terrible.,

I’ve heard not great things about it too, but I’m not saying specifically what in public. I doubt that Spencer will be terrible tho

FYC

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Gaga does not buy awards. You need to stop.

lmao explain the american horror story globe then

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Superstar in one of the most buzzed and talked about show of the year.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

I’ve heard not great things about it too, but I’m not saying specifically what in public. I doubt that Spencer will be terrible tho

Yeah. Idk I hope Spencer is not like Seberg. I have faith in the director but the first look simply rubbed me the wrong way. I hope it does well so we have at least one frontrunner soon.

Profile picture
    Topics:

Superstar in one of the most buzzed and talked about show of the year.

and it is bought since she wasn’t better than other nominees. it is so often that globes are bribed and they are literally the joke of awards pls

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Gaga did not buy that Globe lol. Globes have often rewarded huge stars over quality performances.

Profile picture
    Topics:

anyways i don’t remember where the argument came from but she is not going to sweep. you guys should be happy if she gets nominated

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

show us the receipt sis

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

She would be coming to sweep had Carey Mulligan, Rosamund Pike, Jill Clayburgh, Gena Rowlands, Margot Robbie, and many other women had swept for playing bold female characters. People like Kathy Bates and Charlize Theron only come once in a blue moon

FTFY. Nina Sayers isnt as bold as Cassie, Harding, Amy Dunne and Aileen Wuornoss. Shes more like victim of her own obsession

Imagine all the Gaga vs Comer vs Dunst talks only for Thomasin McKenzie winning for playing obsessed artist trope in a Psychological Horror/Thriller movie

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    Vincent Figueroa
    Topics:

Golden Globe Drama:          Lady Gaga-  House of Guccy
    2. Kirsten Dunst
    3 Kristen Stewart
    4 .Renate Reinsve
    5. Jennifer Chastain

Golden Globe Musical/Comedy  :  Jennifer Hudson  -Respect
    2. Jennifer Lawrence
    3. Penélope Cruz
    4. Rache Zegler
    5. Emma Stone

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.