Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 518 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
Diamond Tier
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Exactlyyy! What part of that trailer screams Oscar? I mean the same Academy that voted for movies like Minari, Judas, PYW last year is going to vote this in for Best Picture??

Exactly I cannot see it. It would have to be a critical hit for it to have a chance

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Also, I can officially confirm that Being the Ricardos is next year. They just finished filming not too long ago and they need time in post

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

Her birthday is the next day. Omg she has to win!!

the stars aligning

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Awards watch article. I do find the guy trustworthy. Most of his inside scoop has been true.

He said probably. Netflix probably hasn’t decided where they’re going to campaign Dunst yet. It would be stupid to, because if she wins Volpi it makes no sense to put her in supporting.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

He said probably. Netflix probably hasn’t decided where they’re going to campaign Dunst yet. It would be stupid to, because if she wins Volpi it makes no sense to put her in supporting.

If she has a Supporting role with a Supporting amount of screen time, she will almost certainly not win the Volpi. I know you’ve read it and say based on the book she’s borderline, but there must be something in it if the studio are saying Supporting (and at such an early stage before we really know where her better chance is).

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

I’m not a believer in this movie for Best Picture. It looks like a complete wacko mess and could honestly be terrible. Gaga has no chance at winning for this

thank you!!! she will be a filler nominee in best case scenario

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Just because YOUR favourite doesn’t get in it becomes fraudulent? Last year BAFTA’s had the best nominees and helped in bringing underseen movies to the limelight. What do you think Awards are about? It shouldn’t be about awarding the same people over and over again. I love that this system prevents actors like Judi Dench, Maggie Smith (whom I love but are totally over-nominated) from getting nominated over and over again. It matters that actors like Wunmi, Bukky, Radha Blank get recognized. Especially when their movies are so original. Awards should never be a popularity contest.

Well none of them won. Infact, BAFTA has never rewarded a POC in best actress. No need for the jury thing if it’s not going to result in diverse wins.

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Her birthday is the next day. Omg she has to win!!

the reaching

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Stans are annoying but haters are worse so ima try not to be one as much as possible lol. I think Gaga can get a nod, but awards look different now that the GG’s aren’t happening and there’s a BAFTA jury system. She could very easily get in, she could also not. She’s no different to any other contender right now: we need to see the film. All I can say is that HoG is not some big BP/13 noms contender, the trailer nixed that idea for me. The last film anywhere near this campy was Nine. It wasn’t THAT campy, it even had DDL and was widely discredited for being substance-less. Good campy films aren’t easy to make — otherwise Ryan Murphy would have the most Oscars. Critics are always looking for what the campiness is trying to show us about characters. Tim Burton’s pretty campy e.g.

We tend to think of camp as just glam nonsense but some of the most celebrated directors in the world invented camp. Camp is not a black comedy. And it’s rare for the Oscars. If the Oscars liked camp, Carol Burnett, Johnny Depp and Lily Tomlin would’ve won 3 Oscars by now. Think Rocky Horror, Death Becomes Her, Clue. HoG seems to be going for a witty, glam campiness mixed with drama, I just can’t think of the last time that went well. Not to be confused with satire either.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

People have mentioned this before but how “weird” is Spencer gonna be? I know the ghost of Anne Boleyn is in it but apart from that. What if it’s…if it is not a drama prestige film, what is it?

FYC:

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Stans are annoying but haters are worse so ima try not to be one as much as possible lol. I think Gaga can get a nod, but awards look different now that the GG’s aren’t happening and there’s a BAFTA jury system. She could very easily get in, she could also not. She’s no different to any other contender right now: we need to see the film. All I can say is that HoG is not some big BP/13 noms contender, the trailer nixed that idea for me. The last film anywhere near this campy was Nine. It wasn’t THAT campy, it even had DDL and was widely discredited for being substance-less. Good campy films aren’t easy to make — otherwise Ryan Murphy would have the most Oscars. Critics are always looking for what the campiness is trying to show us about characters.

That trailer contained basically zero content so I do think it’s early to write it off completely. It was pure marketing.

RE: camp, there is absolutely no way to tell this story without leaning all the way in to camp – these people did such outrageous shit to each other that some of it would seem ridiculous if played completely straight. That said, there is a lot of emotional substance to the story as well – how much of it the film gives us remains to be seen of course.

Gaga’s role is very showy. Driver’s drives (no pun intended) the plot.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

New clip from Respect.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I am looking forward to this. I may have to stay off this forum during award season.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Wow Respect looks very crowd pleasing and Hudson looks great. Her singing does most of the work but the acting branch will conflate her vocals to acting. Hudson is getting in for sure.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.