Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 518 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
Diamond Tier
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    Lsmdn8
    Topics:

Hudson vs Dunst vs Comer

Profile picture
    lanadelol
    Topics:

Everyone in this forum seems confident in Hudson, but I have a bad feeling about that film. I know Andra Day got in for Billie Holiday, but if it were a more competitive year (who else was getting in that 5, Amy Adams 💀) she could’ve been snubbed. There’s just certain factors about that film and how competitive this race is that smells like she could be a snub. I can’t really explain why

Can you try to explain? Because I don’t understand the comparison to USVBH tbh. Besides the fact that JHud and Andra Day are both portraying legendary black singers… Hudson seems to have a stronger narrative than Day did (being handpicked by Aretha, Oscar comeback etc.)

There obviously haven’t been any official reviews yet but Variety Editor, Jazz Tangcay (who does Emmy and Oscar analysis) tweeted that JHud’s performance in RESPECT is “searing, legendary, and powerful” after viewing an early screening of the movie. Sure, nobody is “safe” until nomination day, but I don’t see why there’s any reason to dismiss JHud’s chances, especially considering she’s a previous Oscar winner who is at her best when telling a story through a song, which there will be plenty of in Respect.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Can you try to explain? Because I don’t understand the comparison to USVBH tbh. Besides the fact that JHud and Andra Day are both portraying legendary black singers… Hudson seems to have a stronger narrative than Day did (being handpicked by Aretha, Oscar comeback etc.) There obviously haven’t been any official reviews yet but Variety Editor, Jazz Tangcay (who does Emmy and Oscar analysis) tweeted that JHud’s performance in RESPECT is “searing, legendary, and powerful” after viewing an early screening of the movie. Sure, nobody is “safe” until nomination day, but I don’t see why there’s any reason to dismiss JHud’s chances, especially considering she’s a previous Oscar winner who is at her best when telling a story through a song, which there will be plenty of in Respect.

It’s because I’ve heard some not great things about the film that I can’t really go into too much detail on. I know that everyone will tell me to hold my judgement until reviews come out, and I will still keep that in the back of my mind, obviously. But that being said, it is something to consider

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

It would be pretty iconic if Hudson and Stewart both nominated since Emma Corrin playing Princess Diana and Cynthia Erivo playing Aretha Franklin also got in at the Emmys this year.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Could Frances McDormand win again, back to back?

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

End of July Prediction:

Jennifer Hudson-Respect
    Cate Blanchett-Nightmare Alley*
    Kirsten Dunst-The Power of the Dog*
    Kristen Stewart-Spencer
    Jodie Comer-The Last Duel*

Next in Line:
    Lady Gaga-House of Gucci
    Frances McDormand- The Tragedy of Macbeth*
    Penelope Cruz-Parallel Mothers/Official Competition
    Thomasin McKenzie-Last Night in Soho*
    Jennifer Lawrence-Don’t Look Up

*= They could go either lead or supporting.

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

Could Frances McDormand win again, back to back?

No.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

The Gucci trailer already has 6M views. Y’all should underestimate Gaga at your own risks.

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    lanadelol
    Topics:

The Gucci trailer already has 6M views. Y’all should underestimate Gaga at your own risks.

She’s one of the biggest pop stars on the planet lol. I would be worried for her if it didn’t have that many views. But trailer views from her stans don’t correlate to how well she or her movie are going to do in this race. I love Gaga, I hope her movie is great and that she gets nominated, but that point doesn’t seem too relevant imo

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Gaga is a popstar. She will have views. Just like Marvel movie trailers get huge amount of views. That means nothing in terms of Oscar race.

Profile picture
    Donda
    Topics:

Can you try to explain? Because I don’t understand the comparison to USVBH tbh. Besides the fact that JHud and Andra Day are both portraying legendary black singers… Hudson seems to have a stronger narrative than Day did (being handpicked by Aretha, Oscar comeback etc.

Jhud can’t never reach what Andra Day did in Billie Holiday, but AMPAS defaulted Waltz his second win thanks to the messiness of his category, Jhud can very well thrive if there’s no real competition, she’s playing Aretha.

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Jhud can’t never reach what Andra Day did in Billie Holiday, but AMPAS defaulted Waltz his second win thanks to the messiness of his category, Jhud can very well thrive if there’s no real competition, she’s playing Aretha.

Where did Waltz come from haha, so random.

Profile picture
    Donda
    Topics:

Where did Waltz come from haha, so random.

It’s pretty well known he’s a limited actor and I believe people feel the same way towards Jhud?

Profile picture
    Daytripper78
    Topics:

Hudson is also putting in all the needed work. Big interview with Oprah. CBS Sunday Morning this week, and a special screening for Aretha’s family in Detroit Sunday night. Aretha’s son, a major detractor for a long time, saw the film already and had high praise for Jennifer.

There have also been small screenings across the country for majority black audiences and people are loving it. Don’t sleep on Jennifer.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Gaga always seems hammy to me. I always cringe at the scene of ASIB where she just screams in the bathroom alone.

people will scream at me for this but that’s because she is no better than a mediocre actor. only reason she got that nom was her star power in my opinion

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.