Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 518 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
Music Forever
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Article about Hudson’s CBS Sunday Morning interview, and how Aretha told her she would win an Oscar for playing her: https://nypost.com/2021/07/30/aretha-franklin-said-jennifer-hudson-would-win-oscar-for-playing-her/?_ga=2.60627300.875760922.1627618124-amp-QdZhfv5Eex6ZDnBpx1sjhgo9YDsBNSNP9fA2DsHr0xmhAoVtvqgtCVHcdeZefL18

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

You know, I honestly feel like it is an uncharacteristically small field this year, now that Kidman, de Armas are off the board, and I don’t see anyone who looks like a winner, with the possible exception of Jennifer Hudson. Last year around this time, I could see a case for a pretty big set of possibly-strong contenders like Davis, McDormand, Winslet, Loren, Pfeiffer, Mulligan, Jones, Adams, Moss, Buckley, Coon, Day and many who ended up pushed to this year. There’s obviously going to be indie film contenders, the Sidney Flanigans of the season, but it’s still a weak field. I honestly think The Lost Daughter should come out because if it does, Olivia Colman will win. Not just because it’s Colman, but because unlike Dune, The Power of the Dog, Passing, Macbeth, The Last DuelThe Lost Daughter is a fairly easy book to adapt in many ways. It’s very dialogue-heavy and Ferrante is very precise with a character’s inner world. It may not make a BP film but one would have to really fuck it up to not give Olivia Colman a winning performance from such a fantastic book.

I’ve seen the film and I can confirm that both buckley and colman gives winning worthy performances. i was in awe the entire time and not just because I worship olivia lol. but other than that it’s a very idk okay film
    also i can confirm that the lost daughter coming out this season if nothing happens last minute

Profile picture
    Chocoesq
    Topics:

1. Hudson

2. McDormand

3. Gaga

4. Dunst

5. ?

One to three seem like locks to me if the movies get decent reviews. Both Hudson and Gaga know how to campaign and I think their movies are enough to be kept in the conversation through nominations, even if they are middle of the road from critics. McDormand will always automatically get in the conversation. I would put Comer in the last spot if I had to, but I still am not sold on TLD as a movie and don’t think it will have the same lasting conversation that Respect or Gucci might have.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

MGM are being really smart with Hudson – they know she’s going to need momentum because of the early release date so they’re going hard on getting her out there. Interested to see how they handle having both Hudson and Gaga.

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

I’ve seen the film and I can confirm that both buckley and colman gives winning worthy performances. i was in awe the entire time and not just because I worship olivia lol. but other than that it’s a very idk okay film also i can confirm that the lost daughter coming out this season if nothing happens last minute

So it tested?

I have a couple of more question if you don’t mind. What metascore would you predict it to get? Does Dakota J. have any chance of becoming a BSA contender?

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

So it tested? I have a couple of more question if you don’t mind. What metascore would you predict it to get? Does Dakota J. have any chance of becoming a BSA contender?

dakota is classic dakota so you decide if she acc is but i can’t tell anything else

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

dakota is classic dakota so you decide if she acc is but i can’t tell anything else

lol thanks

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

No nomination worthy it is.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Gaga

Hudson

Dunst (if she goes lead)

Will wait to see about 2 more but feeling good about these 3. Gaga and Hudson look fantastic and their movies are likely going to do well. Dunst role is baity af.

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

I am surprised so many people are still high on Gucci. Not trying to be a hater, but the trailer really felt more razzie material than oscar material to me. And this is coming from someone who thought ASIB had a perfect trailer and you could just feel it was gonna be a big crowd pleaser.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Because it’s a well received trailer and Gaga is obviously killing it.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

The trailer was weird because they never showed one scene for a decent time, just cut from one to another. Can’t judge just from this trailer but Gucci no matter how bad, unless it is Hillbilly Elegy level bad will be a big player. Gaga is definitely getting in the lineup.

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

Because it’s a well received trailer and Gaga is obviously killing it.

a lot of trailers for failed oscar baits get good receptions from the GP though, it doesn’t say anything imo.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

a lot of trailers for failed oscar baits get good receptions from the GP though, it doesn’t say anything imo.

True good trailers could mean bad movies and right now HoG has 50/50 in either direction since nobody has seen the whole thing. And lets not forget that Don’t Look Up script was panned around here but test screenings are apparently through the roof. So HoG cheer squad and HoG boo squad are both right and wrong atm cause the movie hasn’t been seen outside of the damn effective trailer.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.