Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 518 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
Music Forever
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Apparently Spencer is about to start test screenings.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

True good trailers could mean bad movies and right now HoG has 50/50 in either direction since nobody has seen the whole thing. And lets not forget that Don’t Look Up script was panned around here but test screenings are apparently through the roof. So HoG cheer squad and HoG boo squad are both right and wrong atm cause the movie hasn’t been seen outside of the damn effective trailer.

test screenings outcomes are all focused around leo and streep and someone else i cant remember rn and they all say that it is in fact not a good film other than these there….

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Test screenings say movie is better on screen than in script and it is in same tone as Big Short and Vice. Which means lot of academy love in form of noms.

Profile picture
    Katelandiabsky
    Topics:

test screenings outcomes are all focused around leo and streep and someone else i cant remember rn and they all say that it is in fact not a good film other than these there….

Lol ok

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

I heard from two friends about DLU, and they both liked it a lot. But McKay is testing a bunch of different cuts apparently, so who knows how good the final cut is gonna be.

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Haha, what? All the test screening reactions have been great, and even pundits have talked about the movie getting very good reactions.

But you’re right that DiCaprio and Streep have gotten the most praise, along with Rylance. But I have heard that Lawrence can get nominated if the movie is a top 3 player.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Mark Rylance’s performance was also singled out by both McKay and people who saw. It is getting in bp, screenplay, actor, supporting actor/actress at the very least.

Profile picture
    Topics:

Haha, what? All the test screening reactions have been great, and even pundits have talked about the movie getting very good reactions. But you’re right that DiCaprio and Streep have gotten the most praise, along with Rylance. But I have heard that Lawrence can get nominated if the movie is a top 3 player.

my bad then, probably confusing with something else. thank you

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

I heard from two friends about DLU, and they both liked it a lot. But McKay is testing a bunch of different cuts apparently, so who knows how good the final cut is gonna be.

Interesting. Does this mean he’s not confident in it, or is he just hedging his bets?

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I didn’t realize McKay was testing different cuts of the movie OK.</p>
    I heard from test screenings that JLaw doesn’t really have much to do in the film, which confirms a suspicion I had whilst reading the script. I don’t even have her in my top 10 at this point honestly

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Apparently Spencer is about to start test screenings.

Its already accepted to Venice so I thought it was finished? I guess they’re seeing how they think audiences will react to it? Idk

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

Interesting. Does this mean he’s not confident in it, or is he just hedging his bets?

He did the same with Vice, the final cut was completely different than the first ones he was testing, and from what I heard the final cut was actually worse lol. Hoping he doesn’t make the same mistake with DLU.

I think he relies too much on test screenings and tries too hard to please the public, I don’t know.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

He did the same with Vice, the final cut was completely different than the first ones he was testing, and from what I heard the final cut was actually worse lol. Hoping he doesn’t make the same mistake with DLU.

I think he relies too much on test screenings and tries too hard to please the public, I don’t know.

Since we are on the topic of don’t look up, did anyone mention Arianas original song in the movie. Was it included in screenings or will it be added later.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I’ve seen the film and I can confirm that both buckley and colman gives winning worthy performances. i was in awe the entire time and not just because I worship olivia lol. but other than that it’s a very idk okay film

Zero surprises here (although…Dakota Johnson has a fab role, do you dislike her in general? Asking just because…technically it’s just as good a role as Buckley’s, in a different way).

Makes me sad that you didn’t like the film overall. Did you like The Father? Because if you did, then I believe you more hehe

Colman is coming. Buckley too.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Topics:

Zero surprises here (although…Dakota Johnson has a fab role, do you dislike her in general? Asking just because…technically it’s just as good a role as Buckley’s, in a different way). Makes me sad that you didn’t like the film overall. Did you like The Father? Because if you did, then I believe you more hehe Colman is coming. Buckley too.

i loved the film, it being ok was just me trying to be objective. dakota is my fave nepo baby I love her lol too bad she is not a better actor.

also I was one of the biggest cheerers of the father last season hehe, still think it should’ve gotten the editing too but SoM is a great winner as well

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.