Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 518 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
Diamond Tier
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

i loved the film, it being ok was just me trying to be objective. dakota is my fave nepo baby I love her lol too bad she is not a better actor.

also I was one of the biggest cheerers of the father last season hehe, still think it should’ve gotten the editing too

*sob* now i believe you more and it’s making me really sad 🙁 WHYYY, THE BOOK IS SO GOOD, WHY MAGGIE GYLLENHAAL WHYYYY.

I actually like Dakota Johnson. She can play oblivious and comedic but also thoughtful and quirky pretty well. She always struck me as the actor who’s learning her craft and one day will be pretty good. But I guess that is not The Lost Daughter? Shame.

The Father was an impeccable film but if Colman AND Buckley are excellent (no surprise there), I think the acting showcases could take the film farther than it maybe deserves. It’s a pretty darn baity story. Like Room maybe, which imo is not a good film as a whole.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

*sob* now i believe you more and it’s making me really sad 🙁 WHYYY, THE BOOK IS SO GOOD, WHY MAGGIE GYLLENHAAL WHYYYY.

I think if they campaign right they can still do great things tho, it is not a bad movie and deserves some recognition. it just won’t go as far as winning in my opinion for now

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

of the father last season hehe, still think it should’ve gotten the editing too

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Colman might give an acclaimed performance in The Lost Daughter but visibility may be an issue for her only because the competition for this years actress lineup is so overly insane.</p> I can see her as the critical darling that misses to BP contender actresses.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

stfu i said i am happy with som too :’)

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I can see her as the critical darling that misses to BP contender actresses.

I dunno……..I mean Kirby got in, this is Olivia darn Colman we’re talking about (and yes I’m being annoying about another book but I did say that I would be in advance but…THE STORY!)

It also has the advantage of being an adaptation of a very famous foreign author: Elena Ferrante. Neither Nella Larsen (Passing), nor Thomas Savage (The Power of the Dog) ever got as famous. It was after their deaths that their work got acclaim, they’re equals of Toni Morrison and Annie Proulx, respectively, but never became as famous. Elena Ferrante, on the other hand…

FYC:

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

it just won’t go as far as winning in my opinion for now

Oh no, I meant just for a nod. I don’t see it as a winner but it being at the fall fests is a good sign for a nod at least. And Buckley’s been on the rise!

FYC:

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

dunno……..I mean Kirby got in, this is Olivia darn Colman we’re talking about

Kirby gave the 2nd best performance but I think she benefited a lot from lack of competition who failed to have a corresponding Best Picture nomination. The alternatives was Amy Adams, Sofia Loren, Kate Winslet etc. Colman would have to be competing against Jlaw, Blanchett, Zelger (?), McDormand, Dunst. There’s other actresses that could sneak in like Hudson, Thompson, Cruz etc.

Netflix is also very good at getting nominations (Pryce in Two Popes nomination was utterly shocking) so Kirby benefited a lot from Netflix.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

I’m judging Kristen Stewart’s inability to convey charisma, uniqueness, nerve, or talent.

Didn’t know Kristen is trying to be America’s next drag superstar.

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

ref·er·ence
    /ˈref(ə)rəns/

1. the action of mentioning or alluding to something.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Guys, what the absolute shit is with over 500 people with Lady Gaga at #1? Are they just the most confident in her getting in or do people actually see her as the frontrunner?

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Lady Gaga is a previous nominee/winner with a baity role in a huge Fall release by a high profile director…makes sense.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Sorry this gif came into my head as soon as you started talking about drag racing haha.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

bit·ter
    /ˈbidər/

2. (of people or their feelings or behavior) angry, hurt, or resentful because of one’s bad experiences or a sense of unjust treatment.

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Anyways can we get Olivia Colman and Jessie Buckley in the prediction center for the lost daughter?

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.