Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 511 through 518 (of 518 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
Diamond Tier
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Anyways can we get Olivia Colman and Jessie Buckley in the prediction center for the lost daughter?

I think it’s awaiting a pick up from a distributor no?

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I think it’s awaiting a pick up from a distributor no?

Rumour is that it’s a big streamer but no announcement yet. But yeah that’s why it’s not there yet.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Kirby gave the 2nd best performance but I think she benefited a lot from lack of competition who failed to have a corresponding Best Picture nomination. The alternatives was Amy Adams, Sofia Loren, Kate Winslet etc. Colman would have to be competing against Jlaw, Blanchett, Zelger (?), McDormand, Dunst. There’s other actresses that could sneak in like Hudson, Thompson, Cruz etc.

Netflix is also very good at getting nominations (Pryce in Two Popes nomination was utterly shocking) so Kirby benefited a lot from Netflix.

Yeah you’re right but Best Lead Actress is just historically an easier field to get in without a BP nominee than Actor (though that’s changing pretty fast I’d say!)

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Rumour is that it’s a big streamer but no announcement yet. But yeah that’s why it’s not there yet.

Hmm. This is interesting.

Netflix makes the most sense although they seem to have a lot on their plate (although that didn’t stop them last year). Hulu feels a bit small for this type of film and Apple already have Macbeth and CODA.

Maybe Amazon? Aside from maybe Cotillard do they even have a Best Actress contender?

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Hmm. This is interesting. Netflix makes the most sense although they seem to have a lot on their plate (although that didn’t stop them last year). Hulu feels a bit small for this type of film. Maybe Amazon? Aside from maybe Cotillard do they even have a Best Actress contender?

Cotillard is 100% Supporting. Absolutely 100%.

But yeah I think Amazon is more likely.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Cotillard is 100% Supporting.

Ah ok.

It would also make sense for Amazon considering how they seem to have a lack of strong contenders in general. I guess Louis Wain is untested and Annette could still get Driver in and A Hero could maybe get a screenplay nom but none of them on paper feel as strong as say Sound of Metal last year for some reason?

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Ah ok. I assume her placement is incorrect in the predictions centre. It would also make sense for Amazon considering how they seem to have a lack of strong contenders in general. I guess Louis Wain is untested and Annette could still get Driver in and A Hero could maybe get a screenplay nom but none of them on paper feel as strong as Sound of Metal last year.

I mean Amazon may be planning to campaign her in Lead but I’ve seen the film and yeah. I guess we’ll see – there are definitely a few people in the wrong categories at the minute.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

I might be on the unpopular crowd but Comer is way safer than Gaga. She works with Script from Holofcener+Damon+Affleck compared fo Gaga who worked with first time writer. The only thing that keeps her at the top is her star power hence she’ll be safe unles Gucci scored below 50% on RT/MC

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Viewing 8 posts - 511 through 518 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.