Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 543 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
loudtoilet
marsha_brightly
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Continue in Part 20.

Profile picture
    smartypants27
    Topics:

NICOLE KIDMAN AND CATE BLANCHETT ARE FIGHTING THIS ONE OUT FOR THE OSCARS

Profile picture
    smartypants27
    Topics:

Well on Lucie Arnazs’ recent video on BTR (Instagram), looks like she highly adores the film. I reckon not only Nicole Kidman will be nominated but if Arnaz was placing emphasis on Kidman when talking about how well she did, she might actually win an academy award this year.

Excited to see the trailer next week!

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Kidman v. Stewart would be an iconic battle (even if the former’s film hasn’t been watched yet). Colman and Blanchett (presuming that she has a real co-lead role) are supposed to be in. I am rooting for Thompson for the next spot because she deserves to be competitive for the win, but still find Chastain’s narrative to be quite strong. I also entertain myself with the fact that Comer is still probable to get in.

No one is safe, but Stewart is the safest in this killer competition right now.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    carla11
    Topics:

I wrote a long post that disappeared so I guess I’ll make this quick. Rooting for noms for Halle and Aunjanue because they are portraying modern Black women in contemporary America. I don’t begrudge any Black actor that signs up for a historical drama but I believe at this point in America’s history the Academy has to start getting with the program. There’s plenty of stories to tell about Black people that live in the present day and not pre-civil rights era America. As a Black woman I am craving more contemporary films about Black women. The Academy needs to get with the program.

I think Tessa is doing a good job choosing roles that demonstrate her range so Passing gets the job done there but I think that’s where it should end. I also imagine Black audiences will have a lot more to say about Halle and Aunjanue‘s films and performances, discussion that feeds buzz which will hopefully help them. I don’t see Passing resonating with Black audiences in that way. As for Ruth, I’m sensing she’s a favorite on these forums but the same applies for her as with Tessa, and I’ll just leave it at that.

And does it really make sense that Netflix’s current controversy this week will impact their contenders when the Academy and Hollywood at large has their own transgender issues? No, so that’s conversation is a nonstarter.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

So hoping Halle gets in. She looks amazing.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

. As a Black woman I am craving more contemporary films about Black women. The Academy needs to get with the program.

I agree. The woke people on this board will probably pounce on me for this but I don’t have that much time to watch movies these days and films about slavery, rape, abuse etc are just never going to be topics I rush to see. There might be exceptions if I really like an actor or if it’s getting outstanding reviews but these movies are hard to watch. I’m not knowingly watching any more movies where women get raped. I really think that’s just for men’s “entertainment” anyway.People can tell me I’m burying my head in the sand about history or reality but I’m not ignorant on these issues and you don’t have to educate women about rape or abuse. We live in fear of it every day and often have to adjust our routines to feel “safer”. I don’t want to watch that crap before I go to sleep.

I’d love to see more movies with black leads where their colour isn’t even mentioned once!

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

If Stewart wins it basically confirms that if you play a British historical figure you are guaranteed a win.

Freddie Mercury

Winston Churchill

Queen Elizabeth II

Queen Anne

King George VI

Margaret Thatcher

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

If Stewart wins it basically confirms that if you play a British historical figure you are guaranteed a win. Freddie Mercury Winston Churchill Queen Elizabeth II Queen Anne King George VI Margaret Thatcher

rubbish

Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: center;”>

I wrote a long post that disappeared so I guess I’ll make this quick. Rooting for noms for Halle and Aunjanue because they are portraying modern Black women in contemporary America. I don’t begrudge any Black actor that signs up for a historical drama but I believe at this point in America’s history the Academy has to start getting with the program. There’s plenty of stories to tell about Black people that live in the present day and not pre-civil rights era America. As a Black woman I am craving more contemporary films about Black women. The Academy needs to get with the program. I think Tessa is doing a good job choosing roles that demonstrate her range so Passing gets the job done there but I think that’s where it should end. I also imagine Black audiences will have a lot more to say about Halle and Aunjanue‘s films and performances, discussion that feeds buzz which will hopefully help them. I don’t see Passing resonating with Black audiences in that way. As for Ruth, I’m sensing she’s a favorite on these forums but the same applies for her as with Tessa, and I’ll just leave it at that. And does it really make sense that Netflix’s current controversy this week will impact their contenders when the Academy and Hollywood at large has their own transgender issues? No, so that’s conversation is a nonstarter.

</p>
    I couldn’t have said it better 👏

Profile picture
    GWalters
    Topics:

After watching Being the Ricardos, Lucille Ball’s daughter said “Nicole Kidman became my mother’s soul. She crawled into her head. I don’t know how you do that? I believed everything she said”

Kidman’s definitely getting nominated so it’s time some of you adjusted your lists to include her and omit someone else. Frances and Cate will have to go supporting if they want to get nominated for anything this year..

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Bruised certainly looks great, in that it looks grimy and lo-fi and stark, an aesthetic that works for a harsh comeback in a brutal sport. Berry stars in the film—this was originally supposed to be Blake Lively, directed by Nick Cassavetes—as Jackie Justice (a GREAT fake name if you’re ever on the lam), a former MMA fighter who, it appears, retired after a humiliating defeat. Now, she’s clawing her way back to legitimate fights after having her estranged six-year-old son thrust upon her. I’m way more interested in the family drama than the fight drama, but the trailer is leaning hard on the fight drama. I guess they feel that’s the hook, but the popularity of Maid on Netflix right now suggests people are here for dramas about women caught in the poverty cycle—Squid Game also points to an appetite for individual vs. the system stories. But MMA is such an internationally popular sport, the Netflix marketing department must feel that’s the global hook and not, you know, the economic oppression of the masses, even though movies and shows about that economic oppression keep becoming hits. Food for thought, Netflix marketing!

Halle Berry’s directorial debut, Bruised, is coming to Netflix in November. It’s a film about a washed-up MMA fighter working her way back to the top while also trying to reconnect with her estranged son. The trailer is appropriately intense and it’s because the boxing movie is a pretty narrow sub-genre with a limited number of tropes. But once you accept that every boxing movie, including its cousin the MMA movie, is going to be basically the same blueprint, you can find variations on themes that make the films effective in and of themselves.

Halle movie will standout amongst the biopics and novels her role is the hardest amongst the nominees physical transformation. Kristen and Nicole will be nominated because of the people they portray and the pedigree of their movies. Nicole needs another nomination because she been snubbed so many times with oscar worthy roles. The academy has miss Nicole and Halle. Those 2 has so much charisma and star power.

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

yea….Im with Halle Berry from beginning this race….none really care about her at that time…but damn…after i watched her trailer no doubt she’s solid on my nomination list

Kristen Stewart

Halle Berry

Penelope Cruz

Tessa Thompson

Jessica Chastain

—————————————————————————————–

Nicole Kidman : queen please moves your ass to the next year please!

Sandra Bullock : on my entry list

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

If Stewart wins it basically confirms that if you play a British historical figure you are guaranteed a win. Freddie Mercury Winston Churchill Queen Elizabeth II Queen Anne King George VI Margaret Thatcher

After watched Halle Berry Trailer im lil bit confuse …. Stewart my TOP Choice but Berry gave me another Vibe of acting….see whats happened next…if Halle Berry got attention in box office or streaming service shes gonna bring that statue home…if not at least she secured her nomination position…but i believe movie about MMA UFC Boxing got huge attention now days…due  rating this sport really great world wide

i dont wanna talk about McDorman or Colman….

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

After watching Being the Ricardos, Lucille Ball’s daughter said “Nicole Kidman became my mother’s soul. She crawled into her head. I don’t know how you do that? I believed everything she said” Kidman’s definitely getting nominated so it’s time some of you adjusted your lists to include her and omit someone else. Frances and Cate will have to go supporting if they want to get nominated for anything this year..

even for me Supporting actress list over crowded also….

Kirsten Dunts

Ruth Negga

Judy Dench

Caitriona Balfe

Aunjanue Ellis

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 543 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.