Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 543 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
loudtoilet
BigJay2012
  • Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

The first teaser trailer for Aaron Sorkin’s ‘BEING THE RICARDOS’ starring Nicole Kidman and Javier Bardem will be released tomorrow. Nicole is coming.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Difference between flops like Tammy, Card Counter, Titane, Mass on one side, and TLD on the other side is that TLD made national headlines, WWW/Monday Morning Quarterback/Authopsy Report thinkpieces, while the rest of them tanked quietly. So while those movies can’t brag about being little movies that could, they aren’t the talk of the town either. And I mean negative talk. Now, while there’s sympathy such as JLC’s insta:

that doesn’t help a movie in the industry that’s bottom line oriented and that belongs to a studio that’s the most bottom line oriented in the world (Disney). From this moment forward, TLD is defined by being a bomb which isn’t the case with quiet bombs. How can I put it, everyone knows TLD tanked cause TLD is DOA was slapped across headlines. Which wasn’t the case with quiet flops.

Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

Jamie Lee Curtis is such a class act!

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Jamie Lee. What a QUEEN. Of a whole GENRE nonetheless.

I hope she slays in Halloween Ends because Kills was a fucking disaster. Part of that is not having her leading the story.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

There’s a huge difference between a studio movie that likely cost 100M $ (“The Last Duel”) and an arthouse independent movie that cost 5.7M $ (“Titane”). The first desperately needs box office success, the latter does not necessarily (and it was financed by European cultural institutions).

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Olivia and Halle coming with these original roles. I love it.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:
    kallewickans
    Topics:

A teaser for #BeingTheRicardos is done and will have a runtime of 1:23. I heard we get one clear shot of Nicole Kidman as Lucille Ball. Other than that, it’ll just be a basic teaser with a voiceover. I’m truly disappointed. It’s just a teaser trailer i guess will get a proper one around thanksgiving.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

A teaser for #BeingTheRicardos is done and will have a runtime of 1:23. I heard we get one clear shot of Nicole Kidman as Lucille Ball. Other than that, it’ll just be a basic teaser with a voiceover. I’m truly disappointed.

I’m confused about what we will actually be seeing. And will we get to hear them speak in the trailer? Also I wonder what time it will be released online….

So many questions. lol

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

A teaser for #BeingTheRicardos is done and will have a runtime of 1:23. I heard we get one clear shot of Nicole Kidman as Lucille Ball. Other than that, it’ll just be a basic teaser with a voiceover. I’m truly disappointed.

You are really working overtime here. Thank you.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I’m confused about what we will actually be seeing. And will we get to hear them speak in the trailer? Also I wonder what time it will be released online…. So many questions. lol

lol i’m waking up early or I’m not sleeping 😴

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

lol i’m waking up early or I’m not sleeping 😴

It feels like Christmas Eve lol

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

It feels like Christmas Eve lol

😂🤣🥲 yup but it’s worthy been stanning nicole and halle for 30 years .

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

From this moment forward, TLD is defined by being a bomb which isn’t the case with quiet bombs. How can I put it, everyone knows TLD tanked cause TLD is DOA was slapped across headlines. Which wasn’t the case with quiet flops.

Just admit you’re biased against the film.  You’ve never scrutinized the other contenders the way you’ve scrutinized TLD. The film didn’t bomb with critics so you decided to move on to its box office.

And of course Jamie Lee Curtis is going to boast about her film’s box office and not the terrible reviews it got.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

But the thing is Chastain necessarily going to be seen by more people than Comer? This is a more international and younger academy than it was a decade ago and both of those groups feel more likely to react in apathy towards a film about an American televangelist from the 1980s than they are to a Ridley Scott film led by a European rising star. Sure Chastain is more well known to the academy than Comer but it’s not like that really helped Amy Adams get in over someone like Vanessa Kirby last year.

I don’t think the younger crowd is gonna be very enthusiastic about TLD either. Maybe I’m wrong about that, but I feel like it’s difficult to get 20-30-year-olds interested in a movie about medieval times unless they’re already interested in that period of time. But yes, it’s also difficult to get that same group of people to watch a biopic about a televangelist that is also true. It just depends on how many members actually end up watching both films.

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 543 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.