Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 543 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
loudtoilet
marsha_brightly
  • Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

This could age badly but I don’t think Nicole Kidman will be as bad as she’s being hyped up to be in Being the Ricardos. Have I seen it? No. Do I think she’s going to give the greatest performance in human history? No. But it wasn’t long ago when people were criticising the casting choice of Kristen Stewart as Princess Diana and mocking leaked set photos of Spencer and we saw how that turned out.

Yeah. People are acting like she’ll give a Rami Malek in BoRhap level performance or something and like… that’s a little much. I probably won’t care anything for the movie or much for the performance, but y’all really out here overreacting.

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Scenario 01: Former winners
    Nicole Kidman (1)
    Cate Blanchett (2)
    Halle Berry (1)
    Olivia Colman (1)
    Frances McDormand (3)

I can’t imagine a bloodbath where all previous winners fight for another trophie. That would be so entertaining.

Profile picture
    GWalters
    Topics:

This could age badly but I don’t think Nicole Kidman will be as bad as she’s being hyped up to be in Being the Ricardos. Have I seen it? No. Do I think she’s going to give the greatest performance in human history? No. But it wasn’t long ago when people were criticising the casting choice of Kristen Stewart as Princess Diana and mocking leaked set photos of Spencer and we saw how that turned out.

The only people who were hyping Kidman to be bad in the film were the Debra Messing fans or the internet trolls who came after her when it was announced that she would be playing Lucille Ball at the start of the year.

The people who have actually seen the film whether it be Lucille’s daughter or those who attended the test screening a few weeks ago have only praised her performance.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

If Alana Haim were in supporting I’d think about predicting her, but lead is probably too competitive for her to make it. She’ll probably get a Globe nod, though!

Stewart will almost definitely be our lone first-time nominee. Reinsve maybe, Comer a long shot.

EMMYS FYC
    Dickinson – Hailee Steinfeld, Anna Baryshnikov
    Kevin Can F**k Himself – Mary Hollis Inboden
    Only Murders – James Caverley
    The Other Two – Drew Tarver, Heléne Yorke
    Physical – Rose Byrne
    Schmigadoon! – Ariana DeBose
    The White Lotus – Alexandra Daddario

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

I’m so nervous to see the Being the Ricardo’s teaser tomorrow.

I feel like there is this internet anticipation/nervousness/rooting for Nicole energy going around….along with haters looking for her to fail.

I’m rooting for her the same way I’m rooting for Halle.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I’m so nervous to see the Being the Ricardo’s teaser tomorrow. I feel like there is this internet anticipation/nervousness/rooting for Nicole energy going around….along with haters looking for her to fail. I’m rooting for her the same way I’m rooting for Halle.

We are  certainly twin flames , I felt the same way with the bruised i was nervous , I’m just glad it’s over happy that the majority of  reaction to the trailer was good yet lowkey, I’m hoping for the same energy with being ricardos . I’m rooting for both of them to be nominated or one of them getting in. Make the Best Actress Race exciting I see few trolls hoping that Halle and Nicole will fail.

Profile picture
    Topics:

Kidman is playing Lucille Ball not Lucy Ricardo.

Ball was a much more troubled person than her character. She was quieter, darker, more subdued.

If you see her early films she has a low key energy much closer to Kidman than to Lucy Ricardo.

I think there’s a reason Sorkin sought Cate and then Nicole, both actresses not known for antics like Lucy.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

I’m so nervous to see the Being the Ricardo’s teaser tomorrow. I feel like there is this internet anticipation/nervousness/rooting for Nicole energy going around….along with haters looking for her to fail.

No one hates Nicole Kidman, buddy. If it turns out to be not good, there’s Sorkin to blame.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

The king has returned.

King of???

Profile picture
    hildy1050
    Topics:

If Alana Haim were in supporting I’d think about predicting her, but lead is probably too competitive for her to make it. She’ll probably get a Globe nod, though! Stewart will almost definitely be our lone first-time nominee. Reinsve maybe, Comer a long shot.

I don’t see Reinsve’s name ever popping up on this forum but noticed that more than a few of the Oscar experts have her in their top 5. Does anyone think she has a chance? Haven’t seen the movie btw but i wonder how likely people think they will nominate someone for Lead Actress in a foreign film (who isn’t Cruz)?

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Nicole will be good now that the Ricardos is really coming and Balfe is being campaigned supporting here’s my predicted lineup.
    Kristen Stewart
    Olivia Colman
    Tessa Thompson or Penelope Cruz
    Lady Gaga
    Nicole Kidman

Profile picture
    Topics:

Nicole will be good now that the Ricardos is really coming and Balfe is being campaigned supporting here’s my predicted lineup. Kristen Stewart Olivia Colman Tessa Thompson or Penelope Cruz Lady Gaga Nicole Kidman

Interesting. No Chastain.

I feel she peaked too soon too and the film wasn’t liked.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Interesting. No Chastain.

I feel she peaked too soon too and the film wasn’t liked.

Ya it’s a bloodbath her hype is dead now if Ampas want campy biopic performance it’s more than likely gonna be Gaga for house of Gucci.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Ya it’s a bloodbath her hype is dead now if Ampas want campy biopic performance it’s more than likely gonna be Gaga for house of Gucci.

How many biopic can get in?

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

How many biopic can get in?

Most of the time it’s like 2-3 max biopics/real person performance in acting categories at the Oscars.
    1 Stewart as Diana
    2 Gaga as the girl who killed Gucci
    3 Kidman as Lucille Ball

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 543 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.