Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 543 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
loudtoilet
marsha_brightly
  • Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

No one hates Nicole Kidman, buddy. If it turns out to be not good, there’s Sorkin to blame.

I think even with all her acclaim and awards people still underestimate her as an actress…..which is the opposite of Blanchett.

I just want the movie to be good.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Most of the time it’s like 2-3 max biopics/real person performance in acting categories at the Oscars. 1 Stewart as Diana 2 Gaga as the girl who killed Gucci 3 Kidman as Lucille Ball

Hoping Halle can get in at least along side Nicole her role standouts though sorry for being repetitive it’s been far too long for Halle 2 decades.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

I don’t see Reinsve’s name ever popping up on this forum but noticed that more than a few of the Oscar experts have her in their top 5. Does anyone think she has a chance? Haven’t seen the movie btw but i wonder how likely people think they will nominate someone for Lead Actress in a foreign film (who isn’t Cruz)?

I think she has a chance, with some critics’ groups likely finding her an appealing choice, but Neon might encounter challenges as it simultaneously guides Reinsve’s and Stewart’s campaigns. Neon only just now added Reinsve’s film to its main site and hasn’t officially set a US release date. Presumably the company is keeping a primary focus on Spencer through its Nov. 5 release, and will then turn to Flee (Dec. 3) and The Worst Person in the World, with Petite Maman (date tba) now possibly slipping down its priority list after France’s choice of another Neon title, Titane, as its “international film” submission. (Neon hasn’t yet switched on its FYC site for the current season.)

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Wow… Olivia Colman never fails to delivers. From the trailer alone, The Lost Daughter is Oscar worthy! It’s a shame if the likes of Chastain and Hudson in their mediocre performances will be able to get nominated  instead of her.
    I think after Isabelle Huppert, I can considered Olivia Colman as one of the best actresses working today.

What a range!

If you need anything ask Caroleanne

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Wow… Olivia Colman never fails to delivers. From the trailer alone, The Lost Daughter is Oscar worthy! It’s a shame if the likes of Chastain and Hudson in their mediocre performances will be able to get nominated instead of her. I think after Isabelle Huppert, I can considered Olivia Colman as one of the best actresses working today.  What a range!

That seems to be a bit much. Chastain has flat out raves all around. No one thinks it’s a mediocre performance.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Hoping Halle can get in at least along side Nicole her role standouts though sorry for being repetitive it’s been far too long for Halle 2 decades.

Netflix has it in a awards friendly release date and is atleast sending it to afi film festival to have its world premiere.This year is such a blood bath but her role in bruised is very baity so we just gotta wait and see award season changes so much until nominations.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Halle in Bruised
    Olivia in the lost daughter
    And Tessa in Passing the Netflix girls are giving us good performances.

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

Hoping for Kidman/Halle. Just to shake things up.

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

Scenario 01: Former winners Nicole Kidman (1) Cate Blanchett (2) Halle Berry (1) Olivia Colman (1) Frances McDormand (3) Scenario 02: Newbees Kristen Stewart Jodie Comer Renate Reinsve Tessa Thompson Emilia Jones Scenario 03: Metacritics score Tilda Swinton (89) Renate Reinsve (88) Olivia Colman (88) Penelope Cruz (86) Kristen Stewart (85) Scenario 04: low Metacritics score Tessa Thompson (84) Emilia Jones (75) Jodie Comer (68) Jennifer Hudson (61) Jessica Chastain (55) Scenario 05: Not yet seen Halle Berry Cate Blanchett Sandra Bullock Nicole Kidman Frances McDormand

MetaCritic is not that good…. in the end Twitter really happening ….dont let some people (critics) control your mind while you can find something like this forum or social media to speak more louder ….

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

Duo Rivalry queen of Australia Nicole Kidman VS Cate Blanchette

Kidman got the Fame while Blanchette got the performance

moooooooo…… Julia Roberts comes in

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

Being the Ricardos Nicole Kidman i guess for oscar 2023…just like Glen Close The Wife….i might be wrong…coz the status still post-production starting 10 September….Sorkin and Kidman start the campaign from now i guess

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I’m scared for Halle. I hope the reviews for Bruised turn out to be good. I also hope that the film does well on streaming.

I still feel like Tessa Thompson may be a critic darling. Something in the spirit tells me this lol.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. Kristen Stewart (Spencer)

2. Nicole Kidman (Being The Ricardos)

3. Jessica Chastain (The Eyes of Tammy Faye)

4. Penelope Cruz (Parallel Mothers)

5. Jodie Comer (The Last Duel)

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

I’m scared for Halle. I hope the reviews for Bruised turn out to be good. I also hope that the film does well on streaming.

I still feel like Tessa Thompson may be a critic darling. Something in the spirit tells me this lol.

If anything I just want Bruised to get good reviews, and praise for Halle…because that will lead to better roles for her. She already has 2 more films coming next year believe.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

If anything I just want Bruised to get good reviews, and praise for Halle…because that will lead to better roles for her. She already has 2 more films coming next year believe.

Netflix will be weighing the AFI Fest reception to Bruised verrry carefully, I suspect.

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 543 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.