Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 543 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
loudtoilet
marsha_brightly
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

(C) Larson had kind of a very relatable charchter

So does Stewart.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby/Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion/Rebecca Hall/Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch/Andrew Garfield/Winston Duke
    Actress: Olivia Colman/Kristen Stewart/Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant/Troy Kotsur/Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva B

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

(A) Room is not polarizing like Spencer. (B) Stewart’s reputation is worse than what Larson’s was at that time. (C) Larson had kind of a very relatable charchter (D) Princess Diana is not a very easy figure to potray as such strong opinions are held for her,so for every bloc that loves Diana, there’s one that doesn’t. Corrin just lost,case in point. (E) people don’t feel strongly that Stewart was snubbed in 2015 but they felt strongly when Larson was snubbed for Short Term 12

You seem to be living in an alternative universe.

1. Spencer has amazing reviews and very good audience ratings all around.

2.  It’s not 2008 anymore. Stewart has worked with plenty of worthy directors and actors in plenty of critically acclaimed projects, and received not only internal, but universal acclaim.

3. If Lady Diana is not relatable, who is?

4. It’s not easy to play Lady Diana, but Stewart has managed just fine?! Even those critics are raving about her that were mixed on the movie. Corrin faced internal competition, Stewart does not. Oscars are also not the Emmys.

5. Pretty much all film geeks think that Stewart should have happened for Clouds of Sils Maria before people thinking Larson was snubbed for Short Term 12.

Get your facts right, you just don’t want Stewart to win.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

(A) Room is not polarizing like Spencer. (B) Stewart’s reputation is worse than what Larson’s was at that time. (C) Larson had kind of a very relatable charchter (D) Princess Diana is not a very easy figure to potray as such strong opinions are held for her,so for every bloc that loves Diana, there’s one that doesn’t. Corrin just lost,case in point. (E) people don’t feel strongly that Stewart was snubbed in 2015 but they felt strongly when Larson was snubbed for Short Term 12

are you OK???

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Not “Stewart’s reputation” argument again. :eyeroll: Looks at the poster’s name. Of course, Chastain stan (Movie and television forums). Scared now that Kidman entered the game eh?

This reminds me of the Best Actor lineup in 2002, where 4 out of the 5 nominees were returning winners.

Thanks for this stat. so it happened before.

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

I’m more sold on Halle getting in before Nicole. This is just based on both of their films trailers. I’m sure if Gaga bombs and Blanchett is moved to supporting, they can both likely get in. I’m  not sure what Amazon was trying to do with that teaser. Shouldn’t they be highlighting Nicole playing a Hollywood Legend? I get the film is about behind the scenes of I Love Lucy, but still show us anything highlighting her acting besides a voiceover.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

isn’t that an approach that Spencer teaser  took with Kristen? Highlight the voice, only glipses of Kristen as Diana?

Profile picture
    Doshi
    Topics:

Kristen was shown through out the Spencer trailer c’mon now. We literally only got three secs glimpse of Kidman!

Profile picture
    Doshi
    Topics:

Idc idc what the girls are saying Kidman is still coming!!!

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

I’m more sold on Halle getting in before Nicole. This is just based on both of their films trailers. I’m sure if Gaga bombs and Blanchett is moved to supporting, they can both likely get in. I’m not sure what Amazon was trying to do with that teaser. Shouldn’t they be highlighting Nicole playing a Hollywood Legend? I get the film is about behind the scenes of I Love Lucy, but still show us anything highlighting her acting besides a voiceover.

From the EW article/interview

This trailer, we really barely get a glimpse of Lucille Ball’s face. Why did you want to take that approach in cutting it?

I want to give all credit to Molly Albright and her team at Amazon, who created the teaser. Molly tells me that she got the idea of not showing Nicole — we only see her from the back, we see her in the distance but she’s shrouded in light — she got it from the way I do the opening of the film. There’s a prologue where Lucy and Desi are fighting but the camera is focused on the radio, which is about to give us some big news. And they come in and out of frame: They’re out of focus, we’ll see a hand, we’ll see pieces of them, we’ll see none of them. She got the idea from that to conceal Nicole’s Lucille Ball.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Kristen was shown through out the Spencer trailer c’mon now. We literally only got three secs glimpse of Kidman!

Yeah I feel I saw more of the Mertzes than the Ricardos!

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

That was a TEASER. I’m sure a 2nd trailer will be coming next month with a lot more of Nicole in it.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Ok maybe I’m mixing Spencer teaser for a trailer that was on twitter before the teaser was released.

Profile picture
    hildy1050
    Topics:

The most common people being predicted for this category (besides Chastain and Stewart) are Colman, Cruz, Hudson, McDormand and Kidman who all have acting Oscars. Assuming Stewart and Chastain make it, that’s 3 previous winners competing.

Has that ever happened before where you have three or more women in Lead Actress who’ve already won an acting Oscar?

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

yeah Olivia Colman is in.

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

isn’t that an approach that Spencer teaser took with Kristen? Highlight the voice, only glipses of Kristen as Diana?

Yea, but to be honest we at least saw Kristens facial expresions which got the hype set in motion. Being the Ricardo’s teaser was meh. Like, where was Nicole?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 543 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.