Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 543 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
loudtoilet
marsha_brightly
  • Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

When Kristen Stewart sweeps everything except BAFTA and the Oscar. As much as I don’t want to say it but…

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

When Kristen Stewart sweeps everything except BAFTA and the Oscar. As much as I don’t want to say it but…

Kinda competitive this year if Nicole gets raves or any other contenders oh boy we might see a repeat of last year.

Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

If Kidman and Berry are able to make a splash:

1. Kristen Stewart

2. Olivia Colman

3. Frances McDormand

4. Halle Berry

5. Nicole Kidman

Alt: Penélope Cruz, Tessa Thompson, Lady Gaga, Jessica Chastain

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m rooting for Stewart but I actually wouldn’t mind her and Olivia splitting the televised awards with each other. Both fantastic performances!

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, Shiva Baby, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall, Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Andrew Garfield, Winston Duke/James McAvoy
    Actress: Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant, Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

Just like Colman stans were saying last year, lol.

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

I’m rooting for Stewart but I actually wouldn’t mind her and Olivia splitting the televised awards with each other. Both fantastic performances!

You saw Lost Daughter right? Can she win her 2nd for this? My friend will not shut up about her. He hasn’t seen Spencer, but he’s over the moon about Colman’s performance. I slotted her in my number one now because if she wins Bafta (which I think she will) she is very likely to win Oscar too.

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

Just like Colman stans were saying last year, lol.

She was probably 2nd. What I remember more were people trying to suggest that voters were already over her and she might not even be nominated, lol (or at least that Glenn would be ahead of her this time, lmao).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You saw Lost Daughter right? Can she win her 2nd for this? My friend will not shut up about her. He hasn’t seen Spencer, but he’s over the moon about Colman’s performance. I slotted her in my number one now because if she wins Bafta (which I think she will) she is very likely to win Oscar too.

It’s definitely one of Olivia’s stronger performances and I do think there’ll be more passion for her than there was for her for the third season of <i>The Crown</i> and for <i>The Father</i> because it’s a much “bigger” role win every sense of the word. The standout aspect of <i>The Lost Daughter </i>for myself was the poetic nature off Gyllenhaal’s screenplay but similar to Spencer it’s really impossible to talk about the film without talking about its central performance.

There were quite a lot of cheers and was a lot of enthusiasm when Olivia walked onto the stage in my screening. Personally as someone who is quite familiar with her work I’d say the performance is level to the one she delivered in Broadchurch (it’s really hard to say which one I found stronger than the other because we see quite different shades of her in both) but ultimately inferior to her career best work in Tyranossaur. But then again I say this as someone who essentially has grown up watching Olivia Colman’s career progression and members of the AMPAS who probably aren’t as familiar with her work as I am will quite likely take a lot of passion from her performance. There were some high profile members of the British film industry at the screening such as Ruth Wilson and Sally Phillips which would suggest some industry support although I don’t think that’s really ever in doubt with Olivia because she’s essentially a national treasure here (had the hybrid system that’s in place now for the film awards she probably would have been nominated last year for The Father).

P.S. Love your profile picture! I saw Last Night in Soho at LFF and was quite taken by ATJ’s work there (although that’s perhaps obvious from my FYC haha).

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, Shiva Baby, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall, Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Andrew Garfield, Winston Duke/James McAvoy
    Actress: Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant, Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

As someone who has seen Lost Daughter, I wouldn’t be surprised if she won. It’s not a role you see on movies, and the female members will flock to it. I haven’t seen Spencer. But a nomination is for sure. The voters that always say that there are no good roles for over 40 actress will back her .

she is outstanding in it.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Now that I have seen The Last Duel I understand why some are saying Jodie Comer ought to be submitted in the supporting category – she is only a lead in the last third of the movie – she has a few scenes in the first two parts and then dominates at the end of the movie. She gives a great performance regardless of category placement and is the reason to see the movie.

Profile picture
    irinacx
    Topics:

Kinda competitive this year if Nicole gets raves or any other contenders oh boy we might see a repeat of last year.

I hope so cause I love chaos and I hate sweeps

Profile picture
    greenshark
    Topics:

She was probably 2nd. What I remember more were people trying to suggest that voters were already over her and she might not even be nominated, lol (or at least that Glenn would be ahead of her this time, lmao).

You’re remembering correctly. That Trump person once again lying through their teeth. 💀

Profile picture
    GWalters
    Topics:

Now that I have seen The Last Duel I understand why some are saying Jodie Comer ought to be submitted in the supporting category – she is only a lead in the last third of the movie – she has a few scenes in the first two parts and then dominates at the end of the movie. She gives a great performance regardless of category placement and is the reason to see the movie.

While Jodie Comer may have given a great performance in The Last Duel, the film has completely flopped at the box office this weekend which will hurt her chances of being nominated.

May have been smarter to release the film on a streaming network after having a limited run in theatres.

Profile picture
    hildy1050
    Topics:

I really don’t think it’s box office performance that’s going to hurt Comer’s chances in Best Actress. The bigger hurdle is competition and campaigning. She was fantastic and mesmerizing: if she stays in the conversation she might have a shot. I think it’s going to be tough but I would not by any means tule her out just because of the box office!

Profile picture
    hildy1050
    Topics:

Also before you rule Comer out, please see the movie first. I don’t want to rule anyone out of this race until I’ve seen their performance.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 543 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.