Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 543 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
loudtoilet
Cosmia
  • Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Nothing about The Lost Daughter looks award worthy. Olivia Colman better not be nominated for anything. I’ll rather have Tessa Thompson and Halle Berry from Netflix

Laga Gaga for Best Actress.

House of Gucci for best picture.

Belfast for everything - Best Picture win

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Nothing about The Lost Daughter looks award worthy. Olivia Colman better not be nominated for anything. I’ll rather have Tessa Thompson and Halle Berry from Netflix

People really show that they don’t care about quality just rooting for their favs when they say silly shit like this.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

I don’t even know why the heck is Kidman connected to Gaga of all people? First, not the same studio so who cares. MGM is pushing Gaga, Amazon is pushing Kidman.

Second, Gaga may be playing a historical figure but Patrizia Whocchi is hardly a known name to create the kind of scrutiny reserved for actually famous historical recreations. So from that point, Kidman is more of a bad news for Chastain and/or Hudson, assuming Stewart lead secures the nom, if she and her movie get glowing reviews than for Gaga who might as well play a made up character. Like, I had no clue who those Gucci people were. I had no clue about the murder. I thought it was Versace. Everyone knows about that one.

Profile picture
    Calliee
    Topics:

yeah….im lil bit scared about Stewart for BAFTA…this film really that provocative for British Kingdom…Diana centrist like Diana (2013) fail in the end….when Stewart said ” will they kill me you think?” i dont know what this conversation refer to…but heard lil bit risk Stewart past performance really that messed up and making more deep down rivalry between her and J-Law i hope Stewart and team more focus for North America campaign Diana life really great story to tell

Stewart will be absolutely fine with the BAFTAs. People in the US tend to overestimate how much Brits care about the royal family (Especially the non-daily mail-reading types that make up BAFTA voters.) Chastain and Kidman  are much more likely to miss here. Ball and particularly Faye are not well known here.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Stewart will be absolutely fine with the BAFTAs. People in the US tend to overestimate how much Brits care about the royal family (Especially the non-daily mail-reading types that make up BAFTA voters.) Chastain and Kidman are much more likely to miss here. Ball and particularly Faye are not well known here.

Diana’s son is president of BAFTA and there’s no evidence his family will respond well to the film or otherwise…I don’t think Stewart is safe at BAFTA yet.

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

“she’s coming” “she’s coming too” “oh yes, she’s definitely coming” “and please don’t think that she’s not coming, because she’s coming”

Other than Stewart, I think you have to be extremely lucky to get in at this point. There will be huge snubs around, and I just want people to prepare themselves for the possible outcome. Colman, Kidman, Comer, Chastain, Berry, Thompson, Hudson, Balfe, McDormand, Gaga etc. cannot all get in.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Kristen vs. BAFTA.

If she’s the front-runner, she’s going to be in Top 2 in the first round of the vote, hence she’s going to make the cut.

If she’s not the front-runner, and she doesn’t make it in to Top 2, the jury could still give her momentum and put her on their list.

So I wouldn’t worry. The rule change definitely helps her if she is what it is, a front-runner.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Stewart will be absolutely fine with the BAFTAs. People in the US tend to overestimate how much Brits care about the royal family (Especially the non-daily mail-reading types that make up BAFTA voters.) Chastain and Kidman are much more likely to miss here. Ball and particularly Faye are not well known here.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Calliee
    Topics:

Diana’s son is president of BAFTA and there’s no evidence his family will respond well to the film or otherwise…I don’t think Stewart is safe at BAFTA yet.

I can’t tell whether you are a Stewart hater or just not very clued up but assuming the latter…This will make literally no difference. Ask anyone here from the UK. He is an honorary head, it would be a very ‘un-royal familiy’ thing for him to do to get involved or even comment. There is lingering love for Diana in the UK definitely but a film that criticises the institution following the whole prince andrew / Megan situations is hardly scandalous.  The type of people in the UK who like to make a fuss about stuff like that is are right wing Tory MPs and tabloids – very much not lefty media types.

Profile picture
    gofyb
    Topics:

In teaser trailer Kristen only said two words “they don’t”. And people lost it. Have you even watched it?

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Definitely feels like this year’s lineup will include 3 or 4 nominees who were previous Oscar winners before.

I have:

Stewart

Colman

McDormand

Gaga

Kidman

Stewart and Colman are self-explanatory. If the acting branch nominates Washington, I imagine they will go for McDormand too. She shared a Macbeth quote in her Best Actress speech—practically telling the academy to watch her film. Think Gaga will get nominated if House of Gucci makes money in the box office. It will be her reward. Not sure where the notion of waning buzz is coming from. Gaga is the second buzziest after Stewart. Kidman is playing a beloved Hollywood icon and the acting branch loves Sorkin performances. Recall Chicago’s SAG ensemble win and Winslet winning at BAFTA for Steve Jobs.

Don’t think there is any room for Chastain anymore if Kidman can fulfill that basic showy transformation biopic slot. Blanchett is just a huge question mark since Nightmare Alley’s post-production has been somewhat messy. Sadly don’t see Thompson getting in due to competition and Netflix will have difficulty getting 2 actresses in I feel. Feeling least confident about Cruz missing since the Volpi Cup is incredible for her chances. At the same time I think she will miss if her film doesn’t reach enough visibility as her competition.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: Drive My Car, The Power of the Dog, Licorice Pizza, Spencer, C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion, Ryusuke Hamaguchi, Pablo Larraín, Paul Thomas Anderson,
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Joaquin Phoenix. Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Alana Haim
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Cate Blanchett, Ariana DeBose
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza, C'mon C'mon,

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Kidman’s movie needs to be worse than TF to miss in favor if TF. Everything about Ricardos has more prestige including Kidman herself. She’s more respected.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Lol with Chastian

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Kidman’s movie needs to be worse than TF to miss in favor if TF. Everything about Ricardos has more prestige including Kidman herself. She’s more respected.

You know it’s possible for both to get in right?

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 543 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.