Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 543 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
loudtoilet
marsha_brightly
  • Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

People really show that they don’t care about quality just rooting for their favs when they say silly shit like this.

Nothing about The Lost Daughter looks award worthy. Period!!

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

Definitely feels like this year’s lineup will include 3 or 4 nominees who were previous Oscar winners before. I have: Stewart Colman McDormand Gaga Kidman Stewart and Colman are self-explanatory. If the acting branch nominates Washington, I imagine they will go for McDormand too. She shared a Macbeth quote in her Best Actress speech—practically telling the academy to watch her film. Think Gaga will get nominated if House of Gucci makes money in the box office. It will be her reward. Not sure where the notion of waning buzz is coming from. Gaga is the second buzziest after Stewart. Kidman is playing a beloved Hollywood icon and the acting branch loves Sorkin performances. Recall Chicago’s SAG ensemble win and Winslet winning at BAFTA for Steve Jobs. Don’t think there is any room for Chastain anymore if Kidman can fulfill that basic showy transformation biopic slot. Blanchett is just a huge question mark since Nightmare Alley’s post-production has been somewhat messy. Sadly don’t see Thompson getting in due to competition and Netflix will have difficulty getting 2 actresses in I feel. Feeling least confident about Cruz missing since the Volpi Cup is incredible for her chances. At the same time I think she will miss if her film doesn’t reach enough visibility as her competition.

People are melting down about “Gaga losing buzz” bc her movie is coming out later, but I think that will be an overall advantage to her. Oscars aren’t till March.

Profile picture
    kenny818051
    Topics:

As a Lucille Ball fan, I have to say that Kidman sounded nothing like Lucy and from the little I have seen of her from the film, I have no clue where hair and makeup got their inspiration. I am 100% biased, as Lucy is one of my all-time favorites. I was very excited for this film, but that teaser almost makes me not want to watch.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js Lol with Chastian

Why? She’s the closest thing to be called overdue in this category. She’s around for almost two decades, had plenty of performances competing for an Oscar including two actual nominations. I wouldn’t say she’s OVERdue, but definitely due.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

1. Kristen Stewart (Spencer) 2. Nicole Kidman (Being The Ricardos) 3. Penelope Cruz (Parallel Mothers) 4. Jessica Chastain (The Eyes of Tammy Faye) 5. Jodie Comer (The Last Duel)

I freaking love this list. But alas, the Oscars also find a way toF%$$% things up. Imagine if Comer is replaced by Jennifer Hudson. 🙁

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Why? She’s the closest thing to be called overdue in this category. She’s around for almost two decades, had plenty of performances competing for an Oscar including two actual nominations. I wouldn’t say she’s OVERdue, but definitely due.

I have a feeling she will lose her placement with Kidman,because of the pedigree of the movie Sorkin, Bardem and Kidman add Jk Simmons. Lucille  Ball is more beloved than Tammy Faye. Lucille has a cult following so there. Look at Glenn the academy hasn’t rewarded her yet, she’s been longer in the biz than Jessica.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Aaron Sorkin is a mediocre director and I doubt he was able to improve his filmmaking skills in a year.

Okay. So you didn’t see it. Got it.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

As a Lucille Ball fan, I have to say that Kidman sounded nothing like Lucy and from the little I have seen of her from the film, I have no clue where hair and makeup got their inspiration. I am 100% biased, as Lucy is one of my all-time favorites. I was very excited for this film, but that teaser almost makes me not want to watch.

I’m a huge fan as well, and I disagree with you.

Profile picture
    Go back to your rathole!
    Topics:

Oscar Trivia

Ranking nominations
    21 noms / 3 wins Meryl Streep
    12 noms / 4 wins Katherine Hepburn
    10 noms / 2 wins Bette Davis
    08 noms / 1 win Geraldine Page
    08 noms / Glenn Close
    07 noms / 3 wins Ingrid Bergman
    07 noms / 2 wins Jane Fonda
    07 noms / 2 wins Cate Blanchett
    07 noms / 1 win Judi Dench
    07 noms / 1 win Greer Garson
    07 noms / 1 win Kate Winslet

Ranking lead nomination
    17 noms Meryl Streep
    12 noms Katherine Hepburn
    10 noms Bette Davis
    07 noms Greer Garson
    06 noms Ingrid Bergman
    06 noms Jane Fonda
    06 Deborah Kerr
    06 noms Sissy Spacek

Ranking wins
    04 Katherine Hepburn
    03 Frances McDormand
    02 Meryl Streep
    02 Bette Davis
    02 Jodie Foster
    02 Glenda Jackson
    02 Vivien Leigh
    02 Elizabeth Taylor
    02 Hillary Swank

IF Cate Blanchett gets a nomination, she will become the 4th most rewarded Oscar nomination actress in history. The top 3 are:

21 noms / 3 wins Meryl Streep
    12 noms / 4 wins Katherine Hepburn
    10 noms / 2 wins Bette Davis
    08 noms / 2 wins Cate Blanchett if nominated

FYC
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Jon Bernthal
    Bes Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in The World

Profile picture
    Entela
    Topics:

I’m sorry but in that Being the Ricardos teaser I only heard Nicole talking like Nicole…didn’t hear any voice transformation. Some may say her and Jessica are playing the same “character” and if we go by that logic Jessica transformed totally…from voice to image.

I wonder if Nicole will still prevail just by the fact that she is a bigger name and her movie might not get panned…

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

I have a feeling she will lose her placement with Kidman,because of the pedigree of the movie Sorkin, Bardem and Kidman add Jk Simmons. Lucille Ball is more beloved than Tammy Faye. Lucille has a cult following so there. Look at Glenn the academy hasn’t rewarded her yet, she’s been longer in the biz than Jessica.

I don’t buy Kidman until I see raves for the film itself. Even as a lone nominee, I can hardly imagine her in the race.

Some hardcore fans don’t understand that the issue with Kidman has always been the lack of individual support for her. There is a reason why she won her first individual SAG only like 3 years ago. I’m not going to say something silly like she’s not respected, but I’d say that voters mostly support her in strong projects and deny her in average/non-Oscar contender movies such as The Paperboy, Destroyer, Bombshell, etc. And I do believe that she’s being put on a higher standard than some others, because she always needs more than just a good performance. It’s a pattern.

She just needs a strong project, that’s it.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I don’t buy Kidman until I see raves for the film itself. Even as a lone nominee, I can hardly imagine her in the race. Some hardcore fans don’t understand that the issue with Kidman has always been the lack of individual support for her. There is a reason why she won her first individual SAG only like 3 years ago. I’m not going to say something silly like she’s not respected, but I’d say that voters mostly support her in strong projects and deny her in average/non-Oscar contender movies such as The Paperboy, Destroyer, Bombshell, etc. And I do believe that she’s being put on a higher standard than some others, because she always needs more than just a good performance. It’s a pattern. She just needs a strong project, that’s it.

Ok fair enough  you have valid points about only being nominated 3 years ago,but she playing Lucille  is iconic itself. This might be her year for nomination but not a win because Kristen is just so rave all over. Likability of the role and star. unpopular opinion she had the physical features of lucy. https://twitter.com/spun_sugar1/status/1450540079965880321?s=21

Profile picture
    vertibort6
    Topics:

Nothing about The Lost Daughter looks award worthy. Period!!

And a person who believes Lady Gaga is a great actress just said this.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Entela
    Topics:

And a person who believes Lady Gaga is a great actress just said this.

She is great enough to have more industry awards with only 1 movie in her CV (including that Golden Globe win that got you so hurt) than your fave has in 20 years of acting.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 543 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.