Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 543 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
loudtoilet
marsha_brightly
  • Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

Nightmare Alley exists in this weird blind spot for me. Like, for a movie that’s near the top of the prediction boards the buzz has died way down, right?

Just wait until it comes out. It just didn’t hit most festivals, but it didn’t need to.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Gaga stans think she lost for ASIB because her momentum started too early and peaked, but she was never winning. Her frontrunner status was just a pundit thing. Glenn had the biggest narrative, and Colman had the most acclaimed performance. Momentums don’t peak and die like that, and if they do, there’s always a specific reason behind (like backlash).

Colman also won her Oscar with very little campaigning because she was working on The Crown at the time. She wasn’t everywhere all the time. Kristen Stewart is still considered a front runner and the way some people are going on about her having to maintain momentum while others like Gaga and Kidman might have an easier time because their films will get released later is strange. It depends on the reception to their films. Spencer got great reviews.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

No one:

aaron sorkin in the trailer:

He went on some massive ego trip lol

Can you say “Aaron wants his BP, BD and writing Oscars this time?” I knew you could. 😂

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

1. Stewart gets strong change to win, i dont know whats gonna happen under Bafta society if this film scandalous enough for shaking British Royal…2 sides coin : Queen VS Diana or Royal lil bit calm down just like Prince Harry marriage

2. Penelope Cruz is on her way….just dont forget about her Volpi Cup…girl that got small change for me is Colman, shes good but i dont know how The lost daughter really Oscar material or not…we saw Psyco thriller just like Mother! Woman in the window , Woman in the train etc end up nothing….of course these movies watchable

3. Halle Berry,,, women on top is happening now days…as woman MMA fighter in to Men sport domination that makes this movie more interesting..

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Blanchette : i dont see how her change in to nomination coz we got bunch of Groupies movie also just like French Dispatch and Dont Look Up….and Supporting Role over crowded out of control also

Sandra Bullock : her character really that promising but we need to see it

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

Can you say “Aaron wants his BP, BD and writing Oscars this time?” I knew you could. 😂

yeahhh his change in to nomination is huge especially in writing….dont under estimate him…

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

yeahhh his change in to nomination is huge especially in writing….dont under estimate him…

Oh I don’t, I estimate him on point… which is why I predicted he would fall short with Oscar for Chicago 7. And, well…

FYC

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

People need to calm down about the Being the Ricardos teaser. It’s a teaser..The full trailer will be released next month, the film itself will come out in December and oscar nominations won’t even be announced until February next year, 4 months away.. Considering the film only wrapped in July this year, it’s a miracle it actually made the deadline to be eligible for awards season and it’s why the film hasn’t had time to create buzz at any of the film festivals like the other films have. Imagine if everyone just based Kristen Stewart’s whole performance on nothing else but the initial teaser for Spencer which is basically what some are doing right now with Kidman.

A teaser is still supposed to get people excited for a film, and this teaser didn’t showcase Nicole hardly at all, and the overall film looked bland with basic TV level cinematography.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

A teaser is still supposed to get people excited for a film, and this teaser didn’t showcase Nicole hardly at all, and the overall film looked bland with basic TV level cinematography.

I loved the energy of of it all, and I thought everything look rich and lush, and cinematic…and created suspense. And the cinematography looked just very good…..most tv shows (dramas) look like films anyway now….so I don’t see how that’s a negative.

The Tragedy of Macbeth teaser didn’t showcase Denzel or Frances….the second trailer didn’t either matter of fact. Spencer’s teaser didn’t showcase Kristen Stewart either…..from that trailer there was no indication that her performance merits the reviews its getting. So teasers are supposed to tease.

Let’s see what the second trailer looks like.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

I think people just don’t want Nicole to knock out one of their faves. lol

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

I’m sorry but in that Being the Ricardos teaser I only heard Nicole talking like Nicole…didn’t hear any voice transformation. Some may say her and Jessica are playing the same “character” and if we go by that logic Jessica transformed totally…from voice to image.

I wonder if Nicole will still prevail just by the fact that she is a bigger name and her movie might not get panned…

How is she talking like Nicole when Nicole has a whole bright Australian accent?

Profile picture
    Topics:

Halle Berry directing her first film with herself as the star makes me doubtful that it will be nomin-a-table. (which isn’t a word I guess but should be.)

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Halle Berry directing her first film with herself as the star makes me doubtful that it will be nomin-a-table. (which isn’t a word I guess but should be.)

An actor-director’s passion project that connects can do very well with Oscar voters- look at Reds, Life Is Beautiful, Dances With Wolves or Braveheart.

FYC

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Fair point on lack of building suspense. Also, what’s being concealed and why? Sorkin laid it at the feet of Amazon’s marketing team, but my curiosity about the strategy is still more piqued than my curiosity about the film itself atm.

I’m sure Sorkin is seeking to avoid comments down the road that Christine Ebersole delivers a stronger Lucy in her quick turn in Licorice Pizza (she’s in the trailer around the half-minute mark). (I kid, somewhat.)

The jury is still out on BTR ofc, but rn I have an easier time seeing either Blanchett or Ebersole as Ball than Kidman. Maybe Kathryn Hahn?

FYC

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

An actor-director’s passion project that connects can do very well with Oscar voters- look at Reds, Life Is Beautiful, Dances With Wolves or Braveheart.

Million Dollar Baby, Unforgiven, etc…..

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Nicole isn’t ousting Cate Blanchett, Kristen Stewart, Olivia Colman or Lady Gaga. Nightmare Alley, The Lost Daughter, Spencer, and House of Gucci all seem to be more promising vehicles for their actresses, and Kristen and Gaga benefit from being the undeniable focal point of their films, whereas Nicole is sharing the spotlight with Bardem who some have said outshines her. I don’t see her being a threat to anyone except maybe Jessica Chastain and Halle Berry. Nicole is fighting for spot #5.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 543 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.