Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 543 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
loudtoilet
marsha_brightly
  • Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

It’s not just musterd, but multiple others as well – why are you guys so hostile toward a simple opinion? It wasn’t neither rude nor offensive.

I, for one, didn’t see much in that trailer either (messy editing), but let the sky fall on us if someone think that Olivia Colman doesn’t look great or particularly interesting in a trailer. Oh and save those from the angry crowd who’d think that she might even miss in such a strong year with so many contenders with better narratives.

Colman is slowly becoming the next Viola Davis on these forums – you simply cannot criticize her or share your opinion that is not 100% about how much of a queen she is, because you are a hater who simply doesn’t know anything.

This is really rich coming from someone who’s been defensive on almost every single post that even discusses the potential of any contender other than kstew winning this category. This weird attempt to create some victim complex reflects far more on yourself I’m afraid.

The original post was fairly aggressive in its negativity. Of course people who disagree will react in kind.

Also the idea that this forum is 100% pro Colman obviously didn’t see what the discussion was like for her seasons of The Crown lmao

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

1. Lady Gaga – House of Gucci

2. Olivia Colman – The Lost Daughter

3. Kristen Stewart – Spencer

4. Cate Blanchett – Nightmare Alley

5. Frances McDormand – The Tragedy of Macbeth

6. Jessica Chastain – The Eyes of Tammy Faye

7. Halle Berry – Bruised

8. Rachel Zegler – West Side Story

9. Penelope Cruz – Madres Paraleles

10. Nicole Kidman – Being The Ricardos

Why do you think Gaga has a better chance at getting in than Kristen Stewart?

Profile picture
    Labyrinth
    Topics:

Sorkin also hinted that Blanchett won due to weak competition.

Absolutely ridiculous.Yes , that year was weak but Blanchett would’ve swept literally any year this century except maybe Cotillard .

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Hopefully TLD flopping will tell studios that people don’t want to pay to watch women getting raped any more. I don’t care how much retribution she gets. Enough.

Nice of you to omit that the script (Comer’s chapter) was co-written by Nicole Holofcener, a celebrated director and writer in her own right and was based on a true historical event.

At least The Last Duel got overwhelmingly positive reviews and was scripted by writers with a good track record. It paid off for them in the end with the positive critical reception. The other Scott film, House of Gucci, was scripted by an unknown with zero experience. And Disney is 100% to blame for its bad marketing and its box office performance.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Why do you think Gaga has a better chance at getting in than Kristen Stewart?

She has been nominated before, has given multiple acclaimed performances for the AMPAS and is in a promising vehicle, and is the clear pick for a more populist nomination.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

What is this? Blanchett is the best Best Actress winner of the past decade and she was certainly better than Matthew McConaughey and Jard Leto.Deserved that director snub this year.

Absolutely ridiculous.Yes , that year was weak but Blanchett would’ve swept literally any year this century except maybe Cotillard .

It’s hilarious, isn’t it? Sorkin is crazy. His statements are equally laughable and equally disgraceful.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

She wouldn’t have beat Cottilard and she wouldn’t have beat Helen Mirren either.

Profile picture
    vertibort6
    Topics:

She has been nominated before, has given multiple acclaimed performances for the AMPAS and is in a promising vehicle, and is the clear pick for a more populist nomination.

Nothing against Gaga, but for real, the Gaga stan here is delusional and keeps shoving her down our throats at every chance, thread, discussion they can.

According to some users Gaga is Streep level and is going to get the every SAG, Emmy, GG, Bafta, Oscar, Grammy, Nobel Prize, British LGBT award, World Food Prize, Playmate of the year, Pulitzer, Palm Dog Award… every year without discussion.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a6/c8/2b/a6c82b85515bd818d212247db3712697.gif

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Jodie Comer is done for unfortunately. The Last Duel is marred as a flop, and for a big budget movie that makes a difference.

When The Last Duel becomes the best and most successful Ridley Scott movie of the year…

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

How Maggie Gyllenhaal, Jane Campion, and Other Women Filmmakers Are Upending Hollywood Expectations

Gyllenhaal wrote the screenplay herself, she says, because she wanted to capture how viscerally the novel spoke to her: “I think many women make movies differently than men, write books differently than men, and compose music differently. And why not?” She eschewed a direct page-to-screen transition, cutting Ferrante’s first-person narration and shifting the location to the Greek island of Spetses—a massive undertaking for a first-time director: “There was a moment where I went, ‘Hold on a second. Is this insane? Can I really lead this group of people into Greece?’ ” Gyllenhaal says. “We couldn’t be stopped.”
    —-
    When the London-born actor Rebecca Hall encountered Nella Larsen’s classic 1929 novel, Passing, back in her mid-20s, it hit her with a “ring-of-truth punch.” The book examines the reunion of two African American childhood friends in Harlem, one of whom lives—“passes”—as a white woman in her everyday life. Hall’s own family, of African American ancestry, has a complex history of passing, as her American grandfather grew up struggling with how to present to the world. “My family didn’t really have the language for what my grandfather had done,” Hall says. Passing “was instant context for me…an understanding of that as something that happened and was understood in the Black community.”

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Lol Gaga is the one being shoved down peoples throats?? What about the Kidman and Halle Berry stans??

Lady Gaga has been shoved down people’s throats since before House of Gucci wrapped filming. Pundits like Clayton Davis had her at number 1 before the trailer was released, although that changed after Spencer premiered. I noticed he removed Gaga from his top 5 predictions for BA.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

The other Scott film, House of Gucci, was scripted by an unknown with zero experience.

The screenplay for House of Gucci was co-written by Becky Johnston and Roberto Bentivegna. Johnston is certainly not “an unknown with zero experience”; for example, among many other things, she was nominated for an Academy Award in 1992 for co-writing the screenplay of The Prince of Tides.

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

Because he hasn’t seen her performance…? Not saying he will add her back in, but of course he won’t keep her in without having seen her performance. He has seen everyone else in the top 5. Jesus Christ y’all are so fucking threatened by her for no reason. If the movie is so bad and she is such a terrible actress just ignore her and let the stans say she is going to win. If you’re so sure that she isn’t even getting a nom then shutting up shouldn’t be such a problem. We all have our favorites.

I mean, this is a forum, people are here to discuss their opinions and see other points of view. He stated a very clear fact about Gaga’s VERY early favoritism and how without seeing her performance or even a trailer people already had her at number one.

I don’t think she is a bad actress and I think she most likely will be nominated but it’s up to her performance and how good the movie will actually be. You can clearly see her fans trying to shove her unseen performance down others throats saying that she is more of a lock for a nomination than Kristen Stewart, who is receiving praise and acclaim all around for a performance seen by many.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

The screenplay for House of Gucci was co-written by Becky Johnston and Roberto Bentivegna. Johnston is certainly not “an unknown with zero experience”; for example, among many other things, she was nominated for an Academy Award in 1992 for co-writing the screenplay of The Prince of Tides.

I noticed that. I checked her IMDB page and she hasn’t really worked a lot since then. I came across a recent quote from Ridley (not sure, but I think it was from The Telegraph) where he mentioned the film managed to get off the ground when Bentivegna’s script came in. I could be wrong but the impression that I got was that his credit for the script is bigger.

A lot of people were extremely skeptical about the The Last Duel-understandable, given the subject matter-despite Damon and Affleck winning Oscars and Holofcener getting an Oscar nomination for Can You Ever Forgive Me? Nobody expected it to get the kind of positive reception it got.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 543 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.