Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 543 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
loudtoilet
marsha_brightly
  • Profile picture
    GWalters
    Topics:

I really don’t think it’s box office performance that’s going to hurt Comer’s chances in Best Actress. The bigger hurdle is competition and campaigning. She was fantastic and mesmerizing: if she stays in the conversation she might have a shot. I think it’s going to be tough but I would not by any means tule her out just because of the box office!

It may not be the primary reason she doesn’t get nominated but it certainly doesn’t help. Part of what keeps someone in the conversation of being nominated is if their film is performing well at the box office and the broader public are talking about it which most likely won’t happen with this film.
    Not saying she won’t be nominated at all, they may try her for supporting as stated earlier on this thread, which may be a better option for her at this point.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

Just saw The Last Duel, and Jodie Comer blew me away. Her performance was so powerful and raw, I can’t believe they hid her away until the third act. I can see why she’s being campaigned in lead, because if she’s not then everyone involved with the film has to admit that it isn’t primarily told from the woman’s perspective. Sadly, however, I think she definitely was in a supportive role and should be campaigned there instead. Her part just was not big enough to justify her being submitted in lead imo.

I think she’s going to end up being overlooked by the time nomination voting comes around because this movie is going to quickly fade from people’s memory. It’s really a shame because she was absolutely fantastic and worthy of recognition!

Profile picture
    Butterfield 8
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Gaga</p>
    Kristen

Olivia

Halle

Penelope

This field has some many wonderful actresses who could be nominated this year it’s amazing but this would be the ultimate line up for me. With the possibility of Nicole or Cate taking one of the places.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Halle will also need good streaming numbers. She really has to promote Bruised. It seems like a film that will do well on streaming but the trailer views are pretty low. I hope she promotes the film like crazy.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

1 Kristen

2 Olivia

3 Penelope

4 Halle

5 Nicole

Profile picture
    GWalters
    Topics:

Lucie Arnaz talking about Being the Ricardos after seeing the film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW4gBOt2ASs

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Lucie Arnaz talking about Being the Ricardos after seeing the film https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW4gBOt2ASs

I can’t wait  Nicole is going to kill it for sure. I can see her trending on twitter people are gonna lose their shit, Jessica will be an after thought.

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Gaga</p> Kristen Olivia Halle Penelope This field has some many wonderful actresses who could be nominated this year it’s amazing but this would be the ultimate line up for me. With the possibility of Nicole or Cate taking one of the places.

That’s my ultimate lineup, Hopefully it sticks. 😂

Halle will also need good streaming numbers. She really has to promote Bruised. It seems like a film that will do well on streaming but the trailer views are pretty low. I hope she promotes the film like crazy.

She has a couple of speaking engagements, I’m confident Netflix will promote the shit out of it. Mma is popular sport internationally. Despite the views being low the overall reception was positive.

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

the way i watched Bruised trailer the way i like it more….damn god….look at Weigh-in Show while Berry provoked fight head-to-head…felt it was real…

Profile picture
    Karen Gill.
    Topics:

I know this is the wrong thread but since the Television Academy is huge,I thought of extending the SAG TV Voting Polls to this thread too. This one is for Limited/Anthology Actress (choose one). I’ll make one for “Best Actress Motion Picture SAG” also shortly and post here.

https://strawpoll.com/5ke1ac7xw

Vote Now

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

It’s a given that Lucie is going to praise the movie though.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

The trailer for THE LOST DAUGHTER drops tomorrow

Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

Olivia and Dakota look so good in that mini teaser already I’m so excited!

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. Kristen Stewart

2. Nicole Kidman

3. Penelope Cruz

4. Jodie Comer

5. Jessica Chastain

Profile picture
    Go back to your rathole!
    Topics:

How many actresses has been nominated in a Shakespeare movie? The last one I remember was Paltrow, and she won. Before that? Maggie Smith in Othello in the supporting category as Desdemona.

So the odds for Frances getting an Oscar nom for her Lady MacBeth ain’t that certain

01. Kristen Stewart
    02. Olivia Colman
    03. Cate Blanchett
    04. Halle Berry
    05. Nicole Kidman

06. Renate Reinsve
    07. Penelope Cruz
    08. Jodie Comer
    09. Jessica Chastain

FYC
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Jon Bernthal
    Bes Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in The World

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 543 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.