Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 543 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
loudtoilet
marsha_brightly
  • Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Before discussing categories at the GG, I think we should know first the studios that will actually submit their films. I believe we could have some big contenders not taking part of it and therefore making useless any prediction we make at this point tbh.</p>

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

With all due respect, Lady Gaga has starred in one film and gave a dreadful tv performance in AHS. She is barely an actress yet. This is only her 2nd movie. Put some respect on Nicole’s name!

The fact is Being The Ricardos looks awful and Kidman is miscast plain and simple. I’m a fan of Nicole as an actress, but this particular project isn’t it sweetie. Lady Gaga meanwhile seems to be an excellent fit for a campy Italian murderess gold digger. So what if Nicole has starred in more films, if that was the way we judged actress races no newcomers would ever break into the category, let alone win.

Profile picture
    Entela
    Topics:

Regarding the MGM placement of Gaga and Hudson for the Golden Globes..to me Hudson belongs in drama (see other biopics like Judy or Bohemian Rhapsody) and Gaga belongs in comedy (see I, Tonya or The wolf of wallstreet)

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Bradley Cooper being unremarkable and outshined by the other actresses is the least surprising reaction i’ve ever heard.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

With all due respect, Lady Gaga has starred in one film and gave a dreadful tv performance in AHS. She is barely an actress yet. This is only her 2nd movie. Put some respect on Nicole’s name!

dreadful? Are you nuts? She was amazing as The Countess. I bet you didn’t even watch it. Look dude you can ve as defensive as you want over your fav but you’re not gonna dismiss Gaga as an actress. That ship has sailed. She’s a best actress nominee.

God I can’t wait for HOG reviews to come in. If they are glowing y’all will have a nervous breakdown. Mwahahahaha!! I will personally advertise for little monsters to come on here and drag you to hell 😅

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

Yes…i agree with Sorkin that oscar 2014 is some of the best male performances….over shadowed Blanchette….The minus point for me Jasmine performance that she looked really that sober…didnt seem like her intoxicated at all….but he added another statement : “Jennifer Lawrence won for Silver Linings Playbook + Natalie Portman + Julia Roberts won for being brassy in Erin Brockovich + Sandra Bullock won for ‘The Blind Side’ ” Cate Blanchette Blue Jasmin > J-Law SLP & Julia Roberts Erin Brockovich & Sandra Bullock Natalie Portman Black Swan > Cate Blue Jasmine Julia Roberts Erin Brockovich : im more interested watching this coz of Erin life not about Julia performance that i felt pretty casual not that hype

Portman could only dream to give a performance (Bening, Williams and Kidman were better in her lineup) in her career like the one Blanchett gave in Blue Jasmine, Black Swan has to have one of the most overrated performances in movie history, people act like if that was a tour de force lmao, that’s on the level of  McConaughey’s/Leto’s overrated mess

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Portman could only dream to give a performance (Bening, Williams and Kidman were better in her lineup) in her career like the one Blanchett gave in Blue Jasmine, Black Swan has to have one of the most overrated performances in movie history, people act like if that was a tour de force lmao, that’s on the level of McConaughey’s/Leto’s overrated mess

I do not understand when some call Portman in Black Swan one of the greatest performances ever. She danced great. That’s it.

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

dreadful? Are you nuts? She was amazing as The Countess. I bet you didn’t even watch it. Look dude you can ve as defensive as you want over your fav but you’re not gonna dismiss Gaga as an actress.  

I did see it. I stopped watching after the first 3 or 4 episodes. She was atrocious in it. Abysmal performance. And I already did dismiss her as an actress until she builds a bigger resume. I hope she’s great in HoG. I’m just counting on her for a fun campy performance.

Profile picture
    fexo
    Topics:

do not understand when some call Portman in Black Swan one of the greatest performances ever. She danced great. That’s it.

That’s like reducing Blanchett’s performance as dealing with anxiety. That’s it.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Stewart (Spencer) coming into November as the sole front-runner

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

That’s like reducing Blanchett’s performance as dealing with anxiety. That’s it.

There was nothing groundbreaking about Portman’s performance. Everything surrounding the performance is what made is descent at best. The lights, the music, the cinematography. Her only challenge was the dancing. I’ve watched Black Swan a few times and the only performance that left me wanting more was Barbra Hershey. The rest were just… there. That’s it.

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

Portman could only dream to give a performance (Bening, Williams and Kidman were better in her lineup) in her career like the one Blanchett gave in Blue Jasmine, Black Swan has to have one of the most overrated performances in movie history, people act like if that was a tour de force lmao, that’s on the level of McConaughey’s/Leto’s overrated mess

She already did Ma’am. Portmans performance in Black Swan was transcendent. She’s The 2nd best actress winner in the last 10 years.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

For god sake Dragging Blanchett and Portman? Are Y’all smoking crack?

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Sally Hawkins outperformed Cate Blanchett in Blue Jasmine and that’s on period. It happened that Hollywood was in a hurry to have a Lupita coronation

Laga Gaga's BIGGEST FAN

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Portman is the most interesting American actress working right now, give or take Milla Jovovich. I’m really sorry that some of you can’t see it!!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 543 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.