Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 543 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
loudtoilet
marsha_brightly
  • Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Since Gaga and Hudson are MGM, my guess is Gaga goes Drama and Hudson goes Comedy/Musical where singing mostly wins over comedy.

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Respect isn’t a musical, so I’m guessing Hudson has no chance getting into the stacked drama field at the Globes…

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

It seems weird to me that Blanchett would take on Lucille Ball in the first place, but I guess it’s possible that there was already a script being written that she had agreed to but the studio tossed it out and brought in Sorkin’s script which was weaker in comparison. Probably just pure speculation on my part.

Blanchett as Lucille Ball, with Sorkin as screenwriter (but not Director) was originally announced in 2015. See, https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thewrap.com/cate-blanchett-lucille-ball-aaron-sorkin-biopic-escape-artists-exclusive/amp/ It seems unlikely that the script had already been written when Blanchett initially signed on because the 2015 article says “The film will chronicle Ball’s 20-year marriage to Desi Arnaz…” and the film that was made concerns just one week in their marriage.

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:
    kenny818051
    Topics:

I don’t think box office will count this season. The only films having success are franchise films (or just cheesy fun like Free Guy), and ones that are geared directly at the young audience. Even the new Bond, a successful franchise that plays to a more mature crowd, isn’t putting up the numbers it should. Teens and twenty-somethings are not going to The Last Duel or Eyes of Tammy Faye. Younger crowds don’t care about performances or movie stars, they care about action/adventure/funny easy to watch films. I expect Dune to put up less than stellar numbers next week and I expect Gucci, The Lost Daughter, Spencer, etc. to be “flops” in the minds of many. I think streaming will be a better way to measure the success of these films. That may give Netflix/Amazon films a little bit of a leg up.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

How many actresses has been nominated in a Shakespeare movie? The last one I remember was Paltrow, and she won. Before that? Maggie Smith in Othello in the supporting category as Desdemona.

Also, Norma Shearer in Romeo and Juliet (Juliet) and Jean Simmons in Hamlet (Ophelia). But more than a half dozen male actors have received Oscar noms for Shakespeare roles and I don’t see why a woman would be less likely than a man to receive a nomination for a great performance in a Shakespeare movie.

Profile picture
    Karen Gill.
    Topics:

SAG TV Limited/Anthopology Actor Poll.

https://strawpoll.com/8yvw4ow5a

Vote Now.

(Best Actress Motion Picture poll coming soon)

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Also, Norma Shearer in Romeo and Juliet (Juliet) and Jean Simmons in Hamlet (Ophelia). But more than a half dozen male actors have received Oscar noms for Shakespeare roles and I don’t see why a woman would be less likely than a man to receive a nomination for a great performance in a Shakespeare movie.

. McDormand could definitely get the nod. The academy loves her and she almost always delivers an amazing performance)

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

So if we are ruling out actresses based on bad box office then it’s a race between Blunt, Johansson, and Stone ☠️
    Chastain, Comer, and Hudson are still likely in the conversation, just on the lower level and fight for that  #5. Blanchett, Berry, and Kidman still remain to be unseen and Stewart and Colman seem to be the only locks at this point. Cruz, Thompson, and McDormand are in the mix  as well. Box office will not matter for this race or hurt any others chance.

Profile picture
    GWalters
    Topics:

I guarantee you that Frances McDormand will not be nominated for Best Actress. She just won last year and she already has 3. I know that shouldn’t matter but this is when oscar politics will always come into play and no one in the Academy is desperate to reward her again, certainly not in the leading category.

If the producers are smart they will push her for supporting..

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

I guarantee you that Frances McDormand will not be nominated for Best Actress.  

Whew Honey never be that bold when it’s her name that’s in the conversation.

Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

How many actresses has been nominated in a Shakespeare movie? The last one I remember was Paltrow, and she won. Before that? Maggie Smith in Othello in the supporting category as Desdemona.

So the odds for Frances getting an Oscar nom for her Lady MacBeth ain’t that certain

01. Kristen Stewart
    02. Olivia Colman
    03. Cate Blanchett
    04. Halle Berry
    05. Nicole Kidman

06. Renate Reinsve
    07. Penelope Cruz
    08. Jodie Comer
    09. Jessica Chastain

Or it could be that Shakespeare doesn’t get adapted into Oscar campaigned films often? There’s no way McDormand is behind Reinsve or Comer.

Profile picture
    GWalters
    Topics:

Predictions for BA as of today

1. Kristen Stewart

2. Nicole Kidman

3. Olivia Coleman

4. Halle Berry, maybe Jennifer Hudson

5. Jessica Chastain

Profile picture
    GWalters
    Topics:

Whew Honey never be that bold when it’s her name that’s in the conversation.

Honey I’m only that bold when I’m speaking the truth. Frances is amazing but this is not her year.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Keep in mind Frances also has The French Dispatch which she won’t get nominated for. But Dispatch is certainly increasing her visibility throughout festivals which might be enough to push a Lead Actress nomination for Macbeth.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Anya Taylor-Joy, Rebecca Ferguson
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Spencer
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Cinematography: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, Last Night in Soho

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 543 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.