Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 543 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
loudtoilet
marsha_brightly
  • Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

Honey I’m only that bold when I’m speaking the truth. Frances is amazing but this is not her year.

For another win? Absolutely agree. For a nomination? Whew you just never know! I’m being wild for the moment and took her out of Academy predictions  but left her in SAG.

Profile picture
    Karen Gill.
    Topics:

Best Actress Motion Picture Poll:

https://strawpoll.com/w312ce71o

Vote now. (Only one vote)

Results will be declared soon.

Profile picture
    Vincent Figueroa
    Topics:

I wish the two protagonists of Licorice Pizza would end up nominated for best actor and actress. Every day that passes I see it more likely.This year’s awards are going to be a race for survival and the last one to be released may take the big piece of the pie.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Do you guys think McDormand (possible supporting), Chastain, and Comer are out?

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

I guarantee you that Frances McDormand will not be nominated for Best Actress. She just won last year and she already has 3. I know that shouldn’t matter but this is when oscar politics will always come into play and no one in the Academy is desperate to reward her again, certainly not in the leading category. If the producers are smart they will push her for supporting..

I dont see how McDorman on Nomination bucket coz theres something about Jodie Comer also as Medieval movie…

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

I wish the two protagonists of Licorice Pizza would end up nominated for best actor and actress. Every day that passes I see it more likely.This year’s awards are going to be a race for survival and the last one to be released may take the big piece of the pie.

why not…just like Soirse Ronan past in Lady Bird….but this year really tough ….for BP the change much great but for BA small i guess

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

Still on my list

Kristen Stewart

Halle Berry

Tessa Thompson

Jessica Chastain

Penelope Cruz

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

The Unforgivable

A woman is released from prison after serving a sentence for a violent crime and re-enters a society that refuses to forgive her past.

Coming soon
    Releases December 10, 2021

sincerely

Sandra Bullock

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

The Unforgivable

A woman is released from prison after serving a sentence for a violent crime and re-enters a society that refuses to forgive her past.

Coming soon
    Releases December 10, 2021

sincerely

Sandra Bullock

With her two Oscar nods, Bullock “came out of nowhere” and did well during awards season. I will not be surprised if she does it again.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Off topic but Halle excels in the Thriller/Action genre. I believe if she was to star in a revival of Extremities (Play), she’d knock it out of the park and win a Tony, joining the Triple Crown of Acting group.

Profile picture
    Karen Gill.
    Topics:

Best Actress Motion Picture Poll Results

No. of votes cast= 118

Vote Distribution:

1.) Kristen Stewart (Spencer)-39

2.) Nicole Kidman (Being The Ricardos)-18

3.) Jessica Chastain (The Eyes Of Tammy Faye)-17

4.) Olivia Colman (The Lost Daughter)-15

5.) Jodie Comer (The Last Duel)-12

6.) Penelope Cruz (Parallel Mothers)-5

7.) Lady Gaga (House Of Gucci)-4

8.) Halle Berry (Bruised)-3

9.) Jennifer Lawrence (Don’t Look Up)-2

10.) Alana Haim (Licorize Pizza)-1

11.) Cate Blanchett (Nightmare Alley)-1

12.) Frances McDormand (The Tragedy Of Macbeth)-1

Fact: No vote for Jennifer Hudson.
    (If anyone wants screenshots of the results,they can message me.)

Best Actor Motion Picture Poll Coming Soon.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

No disrespect to Jennifer Hudson and Jessica Chastain, but I don’t understand why so many pundits still have them in the top 5 when Jodie Comer’s film got much more stronger reviews. The critical reception for The Last Duel is higher than Respect and The Eyes of Tammy Faye.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

No disrespect to Jennifer Hudson and Jessica Chastain, but I don’t understand why so many pundits still have them in the top 5 when Jodie Comer’s film got much more stronger reviews. The critical reception for The Last Duel is higher than Respect and The Eyes of Tammy Faye.

You are on this site longer than I am so you should know by now. Respect and TF are traditional old-fashioned biopics that have been AMPAS catnip since forever. They may not nominate these movies (they didn’t Judy either) but they will see them cause they enjoy that type of a movie and performances. They are familiar, can’t-do-wrong-if-I-vote. There’s a reason why these movies are mocked as Oscar Bait 101 – made for AMPAS only and no one else. cause only AMPAS cares.
    OTOH, do they like movies like TLD especially given its creative solutions (3 POV)? How do they feel about the topic since rape was shown twice instead of just being talked about but never depicted?

That’s why pundits have tried-and-true on Top 5 over not-sure-how-it-will-fly. There’s hesitance with some of them to put Stewart on the top or, if they did, they always advise caution for the same reason – Spencer isn’t that kind of biopic that AMPAS understands/is comfortable with.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Off topic but Halle excels in the Thriller/Action genre. I believe if she was to star in a revival of Extremities (Play), she’d knock it out of the park and win a Tony, joining the Triple Crown of Acting group.

Berry looks spot on like a MMA fighter in the trailer. Funny enough, Netflix has released a pretty awful series My Name starring a typically model-like pretty girl playing badass dress up. Hilarious when she beats up men twice her size who trained for more than she because she was given an advice to attack their vital points, as if they never heard of that most basic martial arts rule. :eyeroll:

Point being, Berry is great and well cast in a genre (female fighter/badass) that isoften  mocked for unrealistic, unconvincing casting. I hope she’s in but I don’t expect Netflix to get 3 (Colman, Thiompson, Berry) in. 1 or 2.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I can understand Hudson to an extent (her film flopped but she’s still playing Aretha Franklin) but the arguments that no one is going to be interested in Comer’s movie’s plot can literally be applied to Chastain’s too 💀💀💀.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby/Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion/Rebecca Hall/Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch/Andrew Garfield/Winston Duke
    Actress: Olivia Colman/Kristen Stewart/Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant/Troy Kotsur/Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva B

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 543 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.