Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 543 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
loudtoilet
BigJay2012
  • Profile picture
    Labyrinth
    Topics:

And that’s only the trailer Luca. Hopefully you’ll be blown over by Storm Colman when you see the film like I was!

I for one am ready for Hurricane Colman to uproot my life as well as the Golderby odds.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

The trailer for The Lost Daughter.

The trailer gave me chills. I got The Hours vibes from it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The trailer gave me chills. I got The Hours vibes from it.

Thankfully The Lost Daughter is a much better film than that was.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

And that’s only the trailer Luca. Hopefully you’ll be blown over by Storm Colman when you see the film like I was!

I am sure I will be. Truly one of my most anticipated movies of the year.

Profile picture
    Entela
    Topics:

How is it possible that both Anne Thompson of Deadline and Scott of THR have Olivia Colman out of their top 5 even after watching the movie 😲

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

It has a section on their FYC site with a list of upcoming screenings from October-November in LA, NY and San Francisco: https://disneystudiosawards.com/last-duel/screenings/

Everything has a FYC page these days. That’s not really relevant.

If Disney cared about this movie, they wouldn’t have dumped it. It flopped even by pandemic standards. It had the same opening weekend as The Little Things, which was released in January when things were much worse pandemic wise and it was simultaneously on streaming.

Move on. I’m a Comer fan, but she’s not happening.

Profile picture
    TeaCopo
    Topics:

How is it possible that both Anne Thompson of Deadline and Scott of THR have Olivia Colman out of their top 5 even after watching the movie 😲

she’s in scott TOP5 (second place)

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

The Lost Daughter looks incredible.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Everything has a FYC page these days. That’s not really relevant. If Disney cared about this movie, they wouldn’t have dumped it. It flopped even by pandemic standards. It had the same opening weekend as The Little Things, which was released in January when things were much worse pandemic wise and it was simultaneously on streaming. Move on. I’m a Comer fan, but she’s not happening.

Are you expecting other upcoming films like Licorice Pizza, Nightmare Alley, Spencer and House of Gucci to be big box office hits? I’m a PTA fan but I won’t be shocked if Licorice Pizza flops harder than TLD.  Every upcoming contender will likely flop at the box office. And Comer’s film received better reviews than the films of other actresses still in the top 5 predictions of a lot of pundits (Chastain and Hudson).

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Are you expecting other upcoming films like Licorice Pizza, Nightmare Alley, Spencer and House of Gucci to be big box office hits? I’m a PTA fan but I won’t be shocked if Licorice Pizza flops harder than TLD

The thing is The Last Duel reportedly has a 100+ million budget so it really can’t afford to only make 4 million on opening weekend. The film is DOA.

Spencer and Nightmare Alley have the potential to flop but their budgets are most likely around 10 million to 20 million, so a flimsy box office will not be a large enough deterrent for those films to miss at nominations. The discrepancy between TLD’s box office and budget is far too severe for it to have a proper Oscar push.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: Drive My Car, The Power of the Dog, Licorice Pizza, Spencer, C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion, Ryusuke Hamaguchi, Pablo Larraín, Paul Thomas Anderson,
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Joaquin Phoenix. Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Alana Haim
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Cate Blanchett, Ariana DeBose
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza, C'mon C'mon,

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I doubt Nightmare Alley flops. Guillermo Del Toro+bits of horror+ Cate Blanchett+Bradley Cooper+Toni Collette+Willem Dafoe may be enough to earn 20-30 million. And then on streaming,it will be a titan. (Provided reviews are good )

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I doubt Nightmare Alley flops. Guillermo Del Toro+bits of horror+ Cate Blanchett+Bradley Cooper+Toni Collette+Willem Dafoe may be enough to earn 20-30 million. And then on streaming,it will be a titan. (Provided reviews are good )

I mean… it is opening the same day as the new Spider-Man and I think from everything we’ve seen this year, franchise films are doing the best, and especially when films go toe-to-toe, only one can win in this pandemic environment. I do agree that it can be a titan on streaming which is more than enough — studios HAVE to use streaming this year, the box office is by no means strong enough right now!

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Are you expecting other upcoming films like Licorice Pizza, Nightmare Alley, Spencer and House of Gucci to be big box office hits? I’m a PTA fan but I won’t be shocked if Licorice Pizza flops harder than TLD. Every upcoming contender will likely flop at the box office. And Comer’s film received better reviews than the films of other actresses still in the top 5 predictions of a lot of pundits (Chastain and Hudson).

The problem is not even the bad box office itself, the problem is how Disney dumped the film.

And these movies you mentioned don’t have a $100m budget. Just to look at how disastrous TLD box office is, I can see HoC, Nightmare Alley and even Licorice Pizza doing better numbers.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I mean… it is opening the same day as the new Spider-Man and I think from everything we’ve seen this year, franchise films are doing the best, and especially when films go toe-to-toe, only one can win in this pandemic environment. I do agree that it can be a titan on streaming which is more than enough — studios HAVE to use streaming this year, the box office is by no means strong enough right now!

Counterprogramming.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

The first teaser trailer for Aaron Sorkin’s ‘BEING THE RICARDOS’ starring Nicole Kidman and Javier Bardem will be released tomorrow. Nicole is coming.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 543 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 20)’ is closed to new replies.