Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 514 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
Plumpshell
marsha_brightly
  • Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

No one actually said that you know? They just said it’s interesting thar one story is more known than the other, but I think we can all safely assume the bombastic Ridley Scott-Lady Gaga version is a much bigger commercial play than the avant-garde Diana biopic.

Hoo boy you Gaga folx are truly exhausting. I don’t understand why you’re making it so difficult for yourself by attacking Stewart lol. She’s the frontrunner, she’s seen, she’s acclaimed, she did the work and has the performance according to critics and pundits which is ofc subjective and you can hate it (if you’ve seen it), but hating on it won’t exactly……help you help Gaga win? Like diminishing Stewart does zip for Gaga. Gaga needs to deliver on her own, it’s a separate thing entirely.

Anyway, unrelatedly, I spoke to 2 friends who bafflingly got into a Being the Ricardos screening USING MY INVITE lol and…I think this is going to be a case of “yeah early reports or whatever say Kidman is awesome a goddess or whatever” but according to them it’s not gonna happen, maybe Screenplay who knows, but it probably won’t because they found the film not very good & Kidman tried but she never got Lucille Ball’s full brashness even in the filmed scene.

Honestly this makes sense to me. Do people not see the difference between how Kidman gasps and how Lucille Ball gasps lol, the latter is broader & trademark Lucille slapstick. But the bigger problem is: simply nailing an imitation is not good enough either. I see this as unlikely UNLESS she simply replaces Chastain as a biopic contender with a higher critically rated film? Yeah. I think it’s Chastain or Kidman, not both.

Stewart, Colman have solidified themselves, Cruz is likely, Thompson is on the up, Chastain and Hudson have been fading for a long time, Blanchett and Kidman both got apparently good test reviews, Gaga and Berry are totally unknown, Reinsve is looking primed to take some critics awards. I’d say, as of now:

Stewart
    Colman
    Cruz
    Thompson
    Chastain/Kidman/Gaga

There’s always one slot I don’t particularly care for lol so I’m okay making my peace with that last spot now lol.

That’s interesting because I heard the COMPLETE opposite of that…and that she’s unbelievable/phenomenal in the role….with multiple reports saying that.

No offense, but your friends don’t speak for general audiences or critics…..because as acclaimed as Spencer is….apparently a good chunk of the industry didn’t warm up to it. So 1-2 people’s opinion doesn’t speak for the overall quality of a performance or film.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Grace randolph says word around town is that house of gucci is bad

Well, she was right about the date of the trailer so I assume she has a source.

She has sources and correct me if I’m wrong but she said she’s heard the movie wasn’t very good before the trailer dropped. So at least her sources are consistent. We’ll know in 2 weeks when screening happens.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Leto was MVP.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, Shiva Baby, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall, Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Andrew Garfield, Winston Duke/James McAvoy
    Actress: Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant, Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Go back to your rathole!
    Topics:

Blanchett and Kidman both got apparently good test reviews

[/quote]

Source? Blanchett got good test reviews? Source, please!!!

FYC
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Jon Bernthal
    Bes Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in The World

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

I have a couple of friends who saw Gucci, they said it’s enjoyable but flawed. It’s too long and it drags a bit, third act is very messy but overall they still had fun. They also said Gaga is inconsistent, and Leto was MVP. Driver good but too lowkey to be nominated.

what do they say about boxoffice prospect? is it a hit? Will audience like it? That’s more important than awards, IMO, for Scott at least.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Doshi
    Topics:

I have a couple of friends who saw Gucci, they said it’s enjoyable but flawed. It’s too long and it drags a bit, third act is very messy but overall they still had fun. They also said Gaga is inconsistent, and Leto was MVP. Driver good but too lowkey to be nominated.

come thru with the tea! Hmmm not surprised about Leto, he seemed to be the only enjoyable thing in the trailer!

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

yeah I’m not believing any “I have a friend who saw..” takes. No offense. Too many fake ones going around.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

I’m sure Leto will be quite pleased when word comes back to his island cult of underaged girls

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Entela
    Topics:

I have a couple of friends who saw Nightmare Alley, they said it’s enjoyable but flawed. It’s too long and it drags a bit, third act is very messy but overall they still had fun. They also said Cooper is inconsistent, and Cate was MVP. Mara good but too lowkey to be nominated.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

They asked a couple of British actresses first.. For obvious reasons. They pussied out of it. Kristen had the guts to do it.

Stewart does deserve credit for taking on a difficult role but please bear in mind that actors reject roles all the time for reasons other than “pussying out.” Sometimes they have scheduling conflicts or family issues or don’t want to work with particular people or any number of reasons other that lacking “the guts to do it.”

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Audience seemed into it they said, a lot of laughs. We didn’t talk about B.O numbers.

Thanks for the tea and screw “I don’t believe “I have a friend who saw'” crowd. Reports like this are fun keep them coming. offical word will be out soon enough anyway.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)’ is closed to new replies.