Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 514 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
Plumpshell
marsha_brightly
  • Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Im just waiting for reviews because I’m generally interested in the movie and am a bit sick of all the “my friend who saw a screening” reviews which aren’t credible

ok that’s understandable but if some are waiting for reviews for Gaga chances it won’t matter her fans are Annoying but she’s Lady GaGa.

Profile picture
    Minuscule
    Topics:

Im just waiting for reviews because I’m generally interested in the movie and am a bit sick of all the “my friend who saw a screening” reviews which aren’t credible

Agreed. Also, all these weird account with like a few hundred followers saying the trailer is coming ‘today’ and then it doesn’t and they claim that MGM saw their tweet and released a poster instead. The worst is, many fans seem to believe them and others predict doom and gloom, because we aren’t getting anything.

Profile picture
    Applepear
    Topics:

Agreed. Also, all these weird account with like a few hundred followers saying the trailer is coming ‘today’ and then it doesn’t and they claim that MGM saw their tweet and released a poster instead. The worst is, many fans seem to believe them and others predict doom and gloom, because we aren’t getting anything.

I don’t really know much about how movies are promoted, is the lack of promo for Gucci especially strange?

Profile picture
    SwimLiftRun
    Topics:

Things we have been told by the film experts in here in the past few days:

1. Spencer will do better than Gucci at the box office.
    2. Gaga at most will be nominated at the Critics Choice or Golden Globes.
    3. Kristen Stewart will clean every award show.

Hmmmm the coming weeks will be VERY interesting…

Spencer is a limited release in 1,500 theaters and opening the same weekend as the Eternals.

A realistic best case scenario for Spencer’s opening weekend is $3.75 million ($2,500 per theater average for the weekend). Spencer would need to do about a $4,500 per theater weekend average to for an opening weekend haul of $6.75 million.

For comparison, The Last Duel opened in 3,000 theaters with a $1,552 per theater weekend average which was considered a flop.

Halloween Kills (a bonafide hit by today’s standards) opened in 3,700 theaters with a $13,334 per theater weekend average.

For context, The Eyes of Tammy Faye opened in 450 theaters with a $1,449 per theater weekend average.

House of Gucci is opening in wide release on Thanksgiving weekend. Even if it gets terrible reviews, HoG will likely outperform Spencer in the box office. HoG may even gross more in its opening weekend than Spencer’s does in its entire theatrical run.

Source for box office data: boxofficemojo.com

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

I don’t really know much about how movies are promoted, is the lack of promo for Gucci especially strange?

no. Gaga fans are notoriously entitled and demanding though. They will create drama where there is none just to have something to do online. Typical gays!! It’s a few of the big fan accounts with thousands of followers who start it (for clout). They’re also really not clued up on film/award processes.

In conclusion:ignore them

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Spencer is a limited release in 1,500 theaters and opening the same weekend as the Eternals. A realistic best case scenario for Spencer’s opening weekend is $3.75 million ($2,500 per theater average for the weekend). Spencer would need to do about a $4,500 per theater weekend average to for an opening weekend haul of $6.75 million. For comparison, The Last Duel opened in 3,000 theaters with a $1,552 per theater weekend average which was considered a flop. Halloween Kills (a bonafide hit by today’s standards) opened in 3,700 theaters with a $13,334 per theater weekend average. For context, The Eyes of Tammy Faye opened in 450 theaters with a $1,449 per theater weekend average. House of Gucci is opening in wide release on Thanksgiving weekend. Even if it gets terrible reviews, HoG will likely outperform Spencer in the box office. HoG may even gross more in its opening weekend than Spencer’s does in its entire theatrical run. Source for box office data: boxofficemojo.com

yep the troll knows all this but it still won’t stop her expecting Spencer to make 100m on the first weekend or else it’s a flop 😅

Profile picture
    vertibort6
    Topics:

I watched The Lost Daughter and I didn’t like the movie. I didn’t like the message it was conveying. What she did felt very cruel and mean.

I want one copy too! Everyone is talking so badly about her character that I’m intrigued.

If the character is an awful person, then Olivia made a good job making people dislike her, so “dislikeabilty” is never a factor to consider, I don’t understand people who don’t like a picture or even say it’s bad just because her protagonist is not black and white nice, thanks God not all movies are starred by some Marvel superhero.

I really hated Amy Dunne in Gone Girl and I also think it was the best performance of the year and one of the best films.

Profile picture
    SwimLiftRun
    Topics:

yep the troll knows all this but it still won’t stop her expecting Spencer to make 100m on the first weekend or else it’s a flop 😅

The Eyes of Tammy Faye releases on digital on Tuesday 11/2 . I’m very interested to see how the PVOD charts will look that week since it’s lined up to Spencer’s theatrical release date.

Jessica Chastain films have historically performed very well for streaming audiences, and The Eyes of Tammy Faye will probably do well with older viewers, female audiences, and gay men.

Profile picture
    Go back to your rathole!
    Topics:

Frontrunners:
    Kristen
    Olivia

Then:
    Jessica
    Penelope
    Jodie
    Tessa
    Cate

Bubbles:
    Renate
    Tilda
    Halle
    Nicole
    Emilia

Declining:
    Frances
    Jennifer H
    Jennifer L

FYC
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Jon Bernthal
    Bes Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in The World

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Olivia Colman should go away for a few years. Everything about her is repetitive and tiresome by now. And like some have said she’s not the transformative kind to keep her image fresh.

Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

Olivia Colman should go away for a few years. Everything about her is repetitive and tiresome by now. And like some have said she’s not the transformative kind to keep her image fresh.

If you’re gonna troll, at least try to make the bait a little less obvious. You’re so tired.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Colman haters claim Colman’s range is only relegated to playing British royalty. Then here she comes this year with a fictional character playing a complex mother that is herald as “morally reprehensible” or “unsympathetic”. She was pretty much playing against type in The Father too but yeah Colman is so repetitive.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Anya Taylor-Joy, Rebecca Ferguson
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Spencer
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Cinematography: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, Last Night in Soho

Profile picture
    Entela
    Topics:

Kristen Stewart fans losing their minds over Olivia now…the nonsense, the fanfiction, the fear…

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Empire of Light and Secret Wars are coming, my dear I fear! Critical and commercial success are all in a year or two.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Obviously Cruz is a troll but anyone who genuinely thinks Olivia Colman is bad for movies shouldn’t be allowed to call themselves a movie fan

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)’ is closed to new replies.