Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 514 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
Plumpshell
marsha_brightly
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Can we not with the calling users names? Let us not go there. Especially over some dumb shit like awards. Anyways, y’all commence with the stan Twitter messiness.

I didnt…

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

When this babe comes to get her 5th nomination, after we’ve all been asleep on her.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Okay. Well, anyway.

So re: the whole Stewart & “some other actresses said no” or something…I think making Spencer is perhaps the bravest and maybe riskiest thing Stewart’s ever done, which could’ve turned out to be REALLY DUMB and instead has turned out to be very smart. If she has a good agent, they would’ve told her NOT to do it!

People who’ve seen me on here remember that before Venice I was super skeptical precisely because I think Stewart is a great actress. Great, yes, but transformational? That’s not the kind of actor she is, and I didn’t understand why she’d play Diana when she is already a GREAT actor without “transforming” (Clouds of Sils Maria required zero “transformation” and just a whole lotta intelligence, which she has in spades!) I was SO relieved when the Venice notices came out, I still haven’t seen the film, but she must’ve knocked it out of the park, because really…… it was a pretty dumb thing to do for the kind of actor she is. One doesn’t expect Julia Roberts or Reese Witherspoon to BECOME, I dunno, Hillary Clinton (at least I hope not?) You can expect that from actors like Meryl Streep or Charlize Theron, but some great actors aren’t the sorts to just throw themselves into such transformations (yes I know Witherspoon & Roberts both won for playing famous real-life people, but A, that was the weird 2000s where more or less every performance that won was a biopic, B, those are not their best performances, C, the people they played are not anywhere near as famous or recognizable).

Somehow, Nicole Kidman’s gotten away with playing famous women both well and not well multiple times because…well, I dunno why exactly lol, she’s probably closer to Roberts/Witherspoon but she just loves the actorly wigs, prosthetics, accents, etc. Her most INCREDIBLE performances are not based on real people at all imo. She’s a huge exception, this stuff can ruin careers :/

So I guess I just have to say “Congratulations, Kristen Stewart, for making such a dumb move and somehow pulling it off because WOW that took some major cahonies!”

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Somehow, Nicole Kidman’s gotten away with playing famous women both well and not well multiple times because…well, I dunno why exactly lol, she’s probably closer to Roberts/Witherspoon but she just loves the actorly wigs, prosthetics, accents, etc. Her most INCREDIBLE performances are not based on real people at all imo. She’s a huge exception, this stuff can ruin careers :/

It would be disappointing if she wins Lead actress twice playing as notable famous people doing that transformation performance. Has anyone won Best Actress twice playing a real life person? I’m sure this has happened before.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín
    Actress: Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Anya Taylor-Joy, Rebecca Ferguson
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Spencer
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Cinematography: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, Last Night in Soho

Profile picture
    Labyrinth
    Topics:

I can’t believe I have to wake up to read pages of people arguing if Colman is overrated.
    She’s given one of the most deserving Oscar winning performances of the century,heartbreaking performances in Tyrannosaurus and The Father,multiple iconic comedic performances and a gut wrenching performance in Broadchurch.To say she has no range is just objectively absurd.

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

It would be disappointing if she wins Lead actress twice playing as notable famous people doing that transformation performance. Has anyone won Best Actress twice playing a real life person? I’m sure this has happened before.

I don’t know about Actress but it happened in Actor with DDL (My Left Foot & Lincoln)

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Remarkably…no. I thought for sure it would’ve happened, but not 2 Lead Actress wins, no.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

I guess hating on Coleman is this month’s hating on McDormand. And it always comes from people who haven’t even seen one-third of their work. And from Gaga stans of all people. Gaga has yet to prove much of anything as an actress. The absurdity.

it’s

for god shake

If you need anything ask Caroleanne

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Would people just root for their faves without shitting on other actresses?? All of those actresses are talented in their craft and say what you will whether you liked them or not, their accomplishment speak for themselves. You may disliked Gaga or Colman or whoever you disliked, but talking like those people are talentless is just wrong on so many levels.

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

It’s important to separate the annoying stans from the actual performer.

Olivia Colman is a phenomenal actress who deserved her late break-through world-wide and who has been given Oscar-worthy/Emmy-worthy performances way before recently. Remember Tyrannosaur? How about Broadchurch?

Her stans however (apart from rare expectations) are really pushy around – they cannot really accept if others don’t worship Colman to heavens, if some would dare to mention the possibility that Olivia might not win every time she’s competing for an award or if people have a critical opinion on her acting (same as Viola Davis stans), the stans just snap. Just wait for the aggressive reactions to this post…lol

I personally cannot really say anything bad about Colman’s acting, but the way Gaga stans attack Colman, the latter crowd also find its way to criticize Gaga, no matter that they feel more dignified about themselves.

I mean it’s silly, but this is what it is. Stan-wars.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

Forget about Lady Gaga or Over Hyped Olivia Colman…

Agathe Rousselle in Titane so much great….i watched it….

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

So, I’ve just finished reading Passing. It was a short (97 pages) but a GREAT read. The dialogue from the trailer is within the book. If the film is anything like the book, I do predict Tessa Thompson to be nominated and/or Win. The trailer gave Negga a more “transformative” showing, but Thompson’s character is more complex within the book. There is a slight “psychological-thriller” vibe to this story, especially with ending. Clare (Negga) is DEFINITELY a supporting character.

If the film matches the book, I predict that Thompson and Negga will do well this awards season.

My most anticipated film for this season.

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

Would people just root for their faves without shitting on other actresses?? All of those actresses are talented in their craft and say what you will whether you liked them or not, their accomplishment speak for themselves. You may disliked Gaga or Colman or whoever you disliked, but talking like those people are talentless is just wrong on so many levels.

personally i never shitting thing about Colman or Gaga…but these two just over hype …..people fight over these two but forget about so many talented actress in this over crowded race

Tessa Thompson . Tilda Swinton . Sandra Bullock …these another 3 actresses

Agathe Rousselle Thriller in Titane so much more well deserved …

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

So, I’ve just finished reading Passing. It was a short (97 pages) but a GREAT read. The dialogue from the trailer is within the book. If the film is anything like the book, I do predict Tessa Thompson to be nominated and/or Win. The trailer gave Negga a more “transformative” showing, but Thompson’s character is more complex within the book. There is a slight “psychological-thriller” vibe to this story, especially with ending. Clare (Negga) is DEFINITELY a supporting character. If the film matches the book, I predict that Thompson and Negga will do well this awards season. My most anticipated film for this season.

yess… not watch yet but i like her performance…. look her reaction at 0:11 at Movie trailer….. i just love that

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)’ is closed to new replies.