Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 514 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
Plumpshell
marsha_brightly
  • Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

It was a TIME! I just remember Halle winning the NBR which was huge at the time….but as soon as she won SAG…it was a wrap. I jumped for joy when Halle won. [/quote

Who will win this year’s National Board of Reviews?  Winners will be announced November 30. Too bad Being with the Ricardos missed the cut.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

For me personally, it’s the way my friend raved about her that made me put her in 1 over Stewart. He doesn’t generally care for Colman, he hated The Favourite, but the way he’s going on about her in TLD, it’s something else.

I’m sure Colman is fantastic but she’s so unfathomably mean in the movie, while KStew is sympathetic and you just want to protect her. What will AMPAS do?

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

It was a TIME! I just remember Halle winning the NBR which was huge at the time….but as soon as she won SAG…it was a wrap. I jumped for joy when Halle won. [/quote Who will win this year’s National Board of Reviews? Winners will be announced November 30. Too bad Being with the Ricardos missed the cut.

Kristen 100% winning that (I think )

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I’m sure Colman is fantastic but she’s so unfathomably mean in the movie, while KStew is sympathetic and you just want to protect her. What will AMPAS do? [/quote

Both are great,  Olivia is brilliant that she can make her role more sympathetic even if her role is unfathomably, I’m guessing it’s between Kristen and Olivia for NBR award

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Halle won Silver Bear, though. At that time, it’s still influential, just like the years after that with Kidman, Theron and Moreno.

Every time I find myself having to defend Halle against people that make it seem like she was just GIVEN an Oscar….I remind them that she won critics awards/SAG prior to the Oscar. She didn’t just win the Oscar out of the blue.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

If Kristen wins I hope she catwalks up to get her Oscar and says “fck you haters!!!!!” 😅

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I’m sure Colman is fantastic but she’s so unfathomably mean in the movie, while KStew is sympathetic and you just want to protect her. What will AMPAS do?

Eh…she’s not just mean, it’s just not that simple lol. Also who cares. Not saying she’ll win over Stewart, just don’t see this as a problem. Both have their detractions (for Stewart, British people pissed at depiction, there’s this new article about Diana’s friends saying “she would have hated this”; for Colman, it’s the unsympathetic, whatever people feel about the motherhood commentary, not “transformational”). I don’t know but just mean is simplistic

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Every time I find myself having to defend Halle against people that make it seem like she was just GIVEN an Oscar….I remind them that she won critics awards/SAG prior to the Oscar. She didn’t just win the Oscar out of the blue.

Amen 🙏🏼 the fact the prior to her oscar win, two years before she won emmy and golden globes and sag for introducing dorothy dandridge.It wasn’t a charity win.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Eh…she’s not just mean, it’s just not that simple lol. Also who cares. Not saying she’ll win over Stewart, just don’t see this as a problem. Both have their detractions (for Stewart, British people pissed at depiction, there’s this new article about Diana’s friends saying “she would have hated this”; for Colman, it’s the unsympathetic, whatever people feel about the motherhood commentary, not “transformational”). I don’t know but just mean is simplistic

let’s be honest, Diana’s friends and former staff are never going to appreciate an honest depiction of her bc it has to include her eating disorder, often unstable mental health and maybe her own infidelity and media manipulation. And frankly the only opinion that matters is her sons and her siblings. Royal “watchers” like Ingrid Sewell didn’t really know Diana. They knew a version of her that Diana wanted them to see.

And family are almost never going to like depictions of their loved one unless they are personally involved with the movie.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Amen 🙏🏼 the fact the prior to her oscar win, two years before she won emmy and golden globes and sag for introducing dorothy dandridge.

It was her first career peak.

1 Oscar, 1 Bafta nomination, 2 SAGS, 1 Golden Globe, 4 Golden Globe nominations, 1 Emmy win, 4 Emmy nominations (2 for producing), and a host of various critics wins/nominations. People try to discredit her industry acclaim, and the general public doesn’t know about her accolades outside of her Oscar win. So I need Halle nominated to be nominated this year (I think its happening)…and also I need for get a great Broadway role. I’d love if she won a critics award this year….. even something like Boston/Chicago would be awesome.

She just completed a film directed/written by the guy that wrote Bridge of Spies (oscar nominated)…So I think she’s going in the right direction.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

RIP Gaga and HoG nom. Grace Randolph caused a stir with her schoop that Doctor Strange was a mess and that reshoots were under way. Today, the studio confirmed reshoots with the spin that they want to make it better (well duh how bad would worse be?). So her scoop about HoG not being good must be true. I’m devastated. Worse than TF? I can’t. 🙁 🙁 🙁

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Halle Barry was everywhere at that point. Do we forget this iconic performance?

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

It was her first career peak. 1 Oscar, 1 Bafta nomination, 2 SAGS, 1 Golden Globe, 4 Golden Globe nominations, 1 Emmy win, 4 Emmy nominations (2 for producing), and a host of various critics wins/nominations. People try to discredit her industry acclaim, and the general public doesn’t know about her accolades outside of her Oscar win. So I need Halle nominated to be nominated this year (I think its happening)…and also I need for get a great Broadway role. I’d love if she won a critics award this year….. even something like Boston/Chicago would be awesome. I really want Halle to stunt on these hoes again. lol

Yip I need Halle resurgence because she doesn’t do a lot a movies you know , btw she has 58 movie credits for a person working in the industry for 32 years that’s not a lot. I need her to work with auteurs periodt. The Academy always loves the comeback kid. I need her to work with Kristen, Olivia and Nicole asap.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

let’s be honest, Diana’s friends and former staff are never going to appreciate an honest depiction of her bc it has to include her eating disorder, often unstable mental health and maybe her own infidelity and media manipulation. And frankly the only opinion that matters is her sons and her siblings. Royal “watchers” like Ingrid Sewell didn’t really know Diana. They knew a version of her that Diana wanted them to see.

And family are almost never going to like depictions of their loved one unless they are personally involved with the movie.

All true. I think you misunderstand my point. I brought that up as a way to say “on balance, I don’t think this will matter”.

I agree with everything you’ve said.

FYC:
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Worse than TF? I can’t.

What’s TF?

FYC:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)’ is closed to new replies.