Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 514 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
Plumpshell
kaziz
  • Profile picture
    Prince1
    Topics:

I’m so happy for her. Regardless of she wins or not, this movie is a game changer for her career and i bet it feels even sweeter now that she’s had time to decompress from the twilight mega fame. She can really enjoy this moment.

Will it be a game changer tho? So many actors went on to have mediocre careers after winning an Oscar. It’s not a guarantee. Look at Anne Hathaway for example.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Of course I’m rooting for Kristen, But I want some late breakers my queens Halle and Nicole, Gaga, even Sandra, Cate and Jodie to shake things up and make it exciting imagine a round table for the awards contenders and hope vanity fair does the hollywood issue again.

Some late breakers will kick out most vulnerable early breakers. It makes sense that a late breaker whose movie is also a contender kicks out an early breaker whose movie isn’t a contender/has faded.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Holy shit sorry correction it will go head to head with House of Gucci not Being with the Ricardos.

This looks good than Being with the Ricardos tbh I love Nicole but holy guacamole.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

This got dumped. Netflix has too much on their plate. Their late breaker is DLU.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Actually, both House of Gucci and The Unforgivable will be competing against Disney’s Encanto. The last few years have demonstrated the power of animated Disney films at the BO during the holidays (e.g. Moana & Coco).

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Will it be a game changer tho? So many actors went on to have mediocre careers after winning an Oscar. It’s not a guarantee. Look at Anne Hathaway for example.

I think it will. For starters people won’t be able to say “Kristen Stewart can’t act… Twilight… Wahhhh” with their whole chests any more. Not when a ton of her fans will be replying with pictures if her with an Oscar 😂😂. So I meant mostly in how she is regarded by the public but even just for her own career plan. She’s said that she’s going to be more chosy about the movies she does, she’s had her 20s to play around and learn what she likes and now she can be more selective. It’s not to say she will only be in A list / Oscar movie fare but she clearly plans to have a bit more discernment.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The Unforgivable actually looks really great! Sandra, whew. She and Viola going at each other…

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Sandra and Viola look really good. Not sure how I feel about the trailer, but I’ll definitely watch.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

The Unforgivable looks really good. Weird that Netflix isn’t doing more for it

I’m ready for that Bullock-Davis acting faceoff

FYC

Best Actress - Pénélope Cruz, Olivia Colman

Best Actor - Denzel Washington

Best Supporting Actress - Aunjanue Ellis

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Gaga is going to be on the British Vogue cover and possibly American Vogue in December.. LADY GUCCI IS COMING!!!!

I really want her to be in award season this year. Nobody brings showbiz and camp like Gaga. After last years dreary Oscars, the Academy needs her to inject some life into proceedings.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Gaga is going to be on the British Vogue cover and possibly American Vogue in December.. LADY GUCCI IS COMING!!!! I really want her to be in award season this year. Nobody brings showbiz and camp like Gaga. After last years dreary Oscars, the Academy needs her to inject some life into proceedings.

Imagine if you bring Nicole, Halle and Sandra in the 90’s movie queens.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

UMMMMMMMM both Sandra AND Viola are coming.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

The Unforgivable looks really good. Weird that Netflix isn’t doing more for it

I’m ready for that Bullock-Davis acting faceoff

I actually think if this gets great reviews….they are both a threat of getting in….Viola more so. Viola looks amazing, and I can see her getting in supporting, tbh

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:
    kaziz
    Topics:

Tessa Thompson’s company just picked up the rights to the book Luster by Raven Leilani which is a SERVE. It’s basically the Women Talking of last year — picking it up is a brilliant, brillllllliant decision!

That reminds me: when I was at NYFF, Tessa Thompson was 1,000% the cool kid with the fancy bohemian crowd, the theatre crowd, the literary crowd. She had her 30th birthday or something and I couldn’t stop hearing about the party and how glittering and fancy the guests were and how she did something REALLY BIZARRE AND WILD AND COOL. Quite literally, of all the celebs at NYFF — Tessa was the coolest kid. I didn’t realize that would be the case but it makes sense!

Anyway, I think people are underestimating her as usual. Now that JHud is actually much more out than in, you have to know…..the >19% POC (that’s the number for all of AMPAS, acting branch is much more diverse) contingent WILL nominate a WOC (as they should), and I think Tessa is best placed for people to coalesce around.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)’ is closed to new replies.