Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 514 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
Plumpshell
marsha_brightly
  • Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Imagine having Lady Gaga and Kristen Stewart as nominees.. This would be the buzziest award season in decades. It would be a great take after the borefest that was last season

Laga Gaga for Best Actress.

House of Gucci for best picture.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

A mere mention of Sandra Bullock in The Unforgivable got 161 thousand likes on Twitter. Her power! This is exactly why Bullock won the Oscar for The Blind Side. Charisma and likability goes a long way. Even if. The Unforgiven is a non-factor in the award season, at least it will be a hit with the general public which is great for a film starring a 57 year old woman. Give more women of her age interesting complex films to work with!

Sandy baby, you will always be famous

This woman has been slaying since the early 90’s and peaked in her 50s with THE Gravity, one of the biggest female-led movies in history (and she carried most of it alone 💀💀). Her filmography is nothing but hits after hits

A superstar

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I personally don’t think she did anything award worthy, but I think we are underestimating Jennifer Hudson. I see her getting nominated. She’s basically a lock with SAG

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I personally don’t think she did anything award worthy, but I think we are underestimating Jennifer Hudson. I see her getting nominated. She’s basically a lock with SAG

We have Tessa and Halle as an alternative.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

100%. She comes across as annoying from what I’ve seen of her social media.

Isn’t she like 20 years old? Who wasn’t annoying at the age? lol

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

We have Tessa and Halle as an alternative.

I hope Tessa at least prevails. But I’m afraid Respect seems to baity for them to snub. At this point, Tessa is this year’s passion pick and she needs a miracle for her to happen cos SAG is not nominating her. I just hope the magical GG + CC combo or passionate lone CC works for her. She needs this breakthrough for her career

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

Sandy baby, you will always be famous This woman has been slaying since the early 90’s and peaked in her 50s with THE Gravity, one of the biggest female-led movies in history (and she carried most of it alone 💀). Her filmography is nothing but hits after hits A superstar

She really is a superstar who has a LOT of weight behind her name, when you think about her success with the general public (just remember how she gave Netflix it’s first huge movie hit with Bird Box, the movie that if I’m not mistaken it’s still Netflix most watched original film) and how she still manages to be in great films and give great performances (her performance in Gravity is def one of the best female performances of the last decade). On top of her own star power she is starring alongside Viola Davis in this new film (her popularity with the general public is also crazy, one of the most widely respect actresses working today) so I think it has a lot of potential to be a hit for Netflix, and if the script helps them a little it could very well lend both of them a few awards nominations..svg” class=”emoji”

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Ugh, that was such an awful performance.

It really was not awful. Maybe not Oscar worthy, but it was definitely not a truly terrible performance.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

It really was not awful. Maybe not Oscar worthy, but it was definitely not a truly terrible performance.

Yeah. It wasn’t awful at all. Just not something that should get an Oscar nomination

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Alicia Vikander winning was for the wrong perfomance. The category that year was the heights of Category Fraud with two clear leads-Alicia Vikander and Rooney Mara and two disputable leads-Jennifer Jason Leigh and Kate Winslet. Leigh was the principal female character while Winslet was like the work wife of Fassbender’s Steve Jobs (like Jennifer Connelly, Winslet too was disputably lead). Rachel McAdams was the real supporting actress.

As much as I love Rooney Mara’s performance, if I shunt that to Lead (as it should have been), McAdams would’ve been a great winner. I was so happy to see that unexpected nomination because it was such a quietly brilliant and thoughtful performance that I personally thought was the best in the film. She was so good.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Jennifer Hudson gave a typical good-performance-in-a-middling-biopic performance. That can get you Oscars sometimes (Oldman, Zellweger) but if the movie itself isn’t good then it may not get there. And I don’t think many people liked Respect outside of Hudson’s performance.

Profile picture
    Nameizmann
    Topics:

Macadams was great and understood the assignment the best among all actors in Spotlight but even then it was just not a nomination worthy performance.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Macadams was great and understood the assignment the best among all actors in Spotlight but even then it was just not a nomination worthy performance.

Yeah it was. Considering the lineup. Unless you think you’d replace the whole lineup with more worthy nominees, after moving some to lead. (I often feel that way so I’m not judging that lol, just saying that if that’s what you mean, sure yeah).

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    wgoran
    Topics:

I hope The Unforgivable performs better than Lila and Eve did cuz it would be awesome to see Sandra or Viola nominated again (maybe). While I never seen Sandra to be oscar caliber, she is a fine actress always such a delight. I will watch everything she is in cuz how can you not adore her.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I hope Tessa at least prevails. But I’m afraid Respect seems to baity for them to snub. At this point, Tessa is this year’s passion pick and she needs a miracle for her to happen cos SAG is not nominating her. I just hope the magical GG + CC combo or passionate lone CC works for her. She needs this breakthrough for her career

I actually think it’s between  Tessa and Halle not Tessa and Jennifer because amongst  the biopics, I only see two getting in Kristen for  sure and 1 more it will be between Jessica and Nicole.  There will be notable snubs for sure.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)’ is closed to new replies.