Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 514 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
Plumpshell
marsha_brightly
  • Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

I don’t think Respect is Oscar bait. General audiences hate it just as much as critics and the industry do.

It is Oscar bait but seeing that you just joined today you probably don’t know much about awards it ok you’ll learn.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

that lineup is so weak lol… i can’t find the greatness of Mara in Carol. just a cold and blank performance. Vikander and Winslet are forgettable, Leigh is good, and McAdams got nothing to do.

Not much to do but lots of REACTING, subtlety, and being the sensible person in the room, listening to everyone else’s damn problems and giving good advice lol. That shit never gets enough attention but it’s HARD to be so natural and get recognized for it (and also what supporting is made for).

She’s also the one who finds out the original scoop at the heart of the story. That was a freaking great scene from her.

I feel you on Mara. I didn’t get what was so good about that performance till I rewatched the film last year and realized it was bc………I think she’s better than Blanchett who is even colder and a little MUCH

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Colman
    Stewart
    Chastain
    Blanchett
    Cruz

McDormand
    Gaga

Blanchett is going to be supporting

Profile picture
    skyes
    Topics:

Not much to do but lots of REACTING, subtlety, and being the sensible person in the room, listening to everyone else’s damn problems and giving good advice lol. That shit never gets enough attention but it’s HARD to be so natural and get recognized for it (and also what supporting is made for).

She’s also the one who finds out the original scoop at the heart of the story. That was a freaking great scene from her.

I feel you on Mara. I didn’t get what was so good about that performance till I rewatched the film last year and realized it was bc………I think she’s better than Blanchett who is even colder and a little MUCH

It’s a performance that lingered with me long after watching it, even though it didn’t make the greatest impression initially (Blanchett did).

FYC: Passing, The Power of the Dog

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Does anyone feel like Jessica Chastain has cooled down a bit ? I haven’t seen her promoting the movie in the last few weeks.

Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Does anyone feel like Jessica Chastain has cooled down a bit ? I haven’t seen her promoting the movie in the last few weeks.

She’s just waiting for the right timing

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

Whew.

Profile picture
    TelluridePlum
    Topics:

I think due to the mixed reviews of the film and her performance, she may not want to spend so much time on the awards circuit when her chances are, unfortunately, rather slim. Plus, it seems she is currently filming another movie at the moment in addition to promoting a film which seems to be a reboot of Ocean’s 8 so she’s probably very busy. But then again, who knows really.

Profile picture
    Rett89
    Topics:

She’s coming

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

She’s coming

This doesn’t mean anything. None of them have seen the movie.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Halle, Kristen and Cate for Empire Magazine

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:
    LA26
    Topics:

Kind of related to awards season but not in a big way: Scarlett Johansson will be honored with the 35th  American Cinematheque Award on November 18. Some of the American Cinematheque 2021 co-chairs include Brie Larson, Alan Alda, Noah Baumbach, Laura Dern, Bradley Cooper, Chris Evans, Florence Pugh and many more. I’m guessing they’ll be there and pay tribute to her? I know this event isn’t important and shouldn’t be taken seriously, but Cooper getting honored in 2018 still baffles me: https://www.americancinematheque.com/award-show/

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Jennifer Hudson gave a typical good-performance-in-a-middling-biopic performance. That can get you Oscars sometimes (Oldman, Zellweger) but if the movie itself isn’t good then it may not get there. And I don’t think many people liked Respect outside of Hudson’s performance.

Well, Judy wasn’t particularly better than Respect. They’re both meh biopics

Laga Gaga for Best Actress.

House of Gucci for best picture.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)’ is closed to new replies.