Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 514 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
Plumpshell
marsha_brightly
  • Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Lady Gaga isn’t going anywhere near a nomination if her film doesn’t do well with critics. And I’m a big Driver fan but the man isn’t good when it comes to accents. I already removed him from my BA predictions a while ago because I’m skeptical about him getting nominated at all this year. I really liked Annette but it’s not getting nominated for an Oscar, and Ben Affleck turned out to be The Last Duel’s male MVP.

So Ben Affleck who is so hated on this forum is the MVP? Wow!! I love it when unexpected things like this happens

Laga Gaga for Best Actress.

House of Gucci for best picture.

Profile picture
    UmOkaaayyyyy
    Topics:

I saw “Spencer” tonight and while I was quite impressed with Stewart, the film is a big plodding bore. This was a SAG/PGA screening and the audience seemed to agree with tepid response to the film. However, Stewart (and the costumes) did generate decent applause and she was likable at the Q&A afterwards. It’s some of the best work I’ve seen her do and she absolutely and deservedly will be nominated. However, I doubt she will win. The film is gonna tank with regular audiences, and critics will likely be its salvation…. Comparing her to the other industry in-person screenings/Q&A’s I’ve been to, both Chastain and Hudson had much better receptions (and again that is no diss to Stewart who is very good). The issue is “Spencer” will be divisive at best… Personally, I think Chastain is in a class of her own from what I’ve seen so far… It will be interesting to see how the rest of the field fills out with the contenders who haven’t screened yet…. But as of now, I think Chastain will take it over Stewart.

Current predix:
    1. Chastain
    2. Stewart
    3. Cruz
    4. Hudson (campaigning like crazy and fantastic in the role)
    5. Colman (her film will be divisive as well which could hurt despite a brilliant performance)
    ~
    6th: McDormand
    7th: Thompson

Not ranking them til they at least screen somewhere: Berry, Ziegler, Gaga, Kidman, Lawrence, Blanchett

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

I saw “Spencer” tonight and while I was quite impressed with Stewart, the film is a big plodding bore. This was a SAG/PGA screening and the audience seemed to agree with tepid response to the film. However, Stewart (and the costumes) did generate decent applause and she was likable at the Q&A afterwards. It’s some of the best work I’ve seen her do and she absolutely and deservedly will be nominated. However, I doubt she will win. The film is gonna tank with regular audiences, and critics will likely be its salvation…. Comparing her to the other industry in-person screenings/Q&A’s I’ve been to, both Chastain and Hudson had much better receptions (and again that is no diss to Stewart who is very good). The issue is “Spencer” will be divisive at best… Personally, I think Chastain is in a class of her own from what I’ve seen so far… It will be interesting to see how the rest of the field fills out with the contenders who haven’t screened yet…. But as of now, I think Chastain will take it over Stewart. Current predix: 1. Chastain 2. Stewart 3. Cruz 4. Hudson (campaigning like crazy and fantastic in the role) 5. Colman (her film will be divisive as well which could hurt despite a brilliant performance) ~ 6th: McDormand 7th: Thompson Not ranking them til they at least screen somewhere: Berry, Ziegler, Gaga, Kidman, Lawrence, Blanchett

but not all the people who have seen and praised it are critics. The average festival goer has been liking it too. But I’m not surprised that some find it too arty. I think The Crown fans really think its going to be an extention of that.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

I’m predicting Gaga, but LOL after watching a trailer ? Lol. If it only he had watched the actual movie instead. Probably a publicist called him and told him to give this “tea”

oh yeah.. That’s way more logical than him thinking she looked amazing in the trailer 🙄

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

I saw “Spencer” tonight and while I was quite impressed with Stewart, the film is a big plodding bore. This was a SAG/PGA screening and the audience seemed to agree with tepid response to the film. However, Stewart (and the costumes) did generate decent applause and she was likable at the Q&A afterwards. It’s some of the best work I’ve seen her do and she absolutely and deservedly will be nominated. However, I doubt she will win. The film is gonna tank with regular audiences, and critics will likely be its salvation…. Comparing her to the other industry in-person screenings/Q&A’s I’ve been to, both Chastain and Hudson had much better receptions (and again that is no diss to Stewart who is very good). The issue is “Spencer” will be divisive at best… Personally, I think Chastain is in a class of her own from what I’ve seen so far… It will be interesting to see how the rest of the field fills out with the contenders who haven’t screened yet…. But as of now, I think Chastain will take it over Stewart. Current predix: 1. Chastain 2. Stewart 3. Cruz 4. Hudson (campaigning like crazy and fantastic in the role) 5. Colman (her film will be divisive as well which could hurt despite a brilliant performance) ~ 6th: McDormand 7th: Thompson Not ranking them til they at least screen somewhere: Berry, Ziegler, Gaga, Kidman, Lawrence, Blanchett

So many Gold Derby members attending SAG screenings recently…

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

I’m predicting Gaga, but LOL after watching a trailer ? Lol. If it only he had watched the actual movie instead.

Probably a publicist called him and told him to give this “tea”

Y’all read too much into it. He just saw the trailer and got excited.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

I saw “Spencer” tonight and while I was quite impressed with Stewart, the film is a big plodding bore. This was a SAG/PGA screening and the audience seemed to agree with tepid response to the film. However, Stewart (and the costumes) did generate decent applause and she was likable at the Q&A afterwards. It’s some of the best work I’ve seen her do and she absolutely and deservedly will be nominated.

Always appreciate insightful guild-screening takes. Thank you! This seems to square with some pundits’ pointing to a so far divisive response among industryites to Spencer in general, but one that seems to be usually warm regarding Kristen Stewart‘s performance. I do trust that Neon, while keeping its other contenders such as Titane, Flee and The Worst Person in the World clearly on deck, shall marshal all its resources to thread the needle and provide Stewart with its most powerful awards push even as more reviews come in with potentially variable takes on the overall quality of Pablo Larrain‘s film (shades of Jackie?).

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Jodie Comer is getting in at SAG.

I actually predict the actors to vote for The Last Duel in multiple categories.

Outstand Cast
    Outstanding Lead Actress
    Outstanding Lead/Support Actor
    Outstanding Stunt Team

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Jodie Comer is getting in at SAG. I actually predict the actors to vote for The Last Duel in multiple categories. Outstand Cast Outstanding Lead Actress Outstanding Lead/Support Actor Outstanding Stunt Team

Truly unbelievable how so many are obsessed with excluding her and the film from any awards conversations. I know it didn’t do well at the BO, but I don’t think that should matter more than her performance. The reviews for her film are way more positive than some of the films with actresses some pundits still have in the top 5.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Truly unbelievable how so many are obsessed with excluding her and the film from any awards conversations. I know it didn’t do well at the BO, but I don’t think that should matter more than her performance. The reviews for her film are way more positive than some of the films with actresses some pundits still have in the top 5.

This is true and it also means that, since pundits wrote her off, she needs critic and/or industry backing. So crirics awards, precursors defying the punditry. Not an easy task. Critics are more likely to back up someone in an artier movie, possibly one of the Frenchies.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I’ve been saying it, Chastain can win. She has all it takes to be the anointed one from SAG.

Due for some recognition? Yes

Baity and transformative? Yes

Basic? Yes

Early release? Yes

Past nominee? Yes

She has a great chance with the Oscar but she’s terribly underestimated by Goldderby users

Laga Gaga for Best Actress.

House of Gucci for best picture.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Best Actress Predictions: Late October

Top 5

1. Kristen Stewart, Spencer
    2. Jessica Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye
    3. Penelope Cruz, Parallel Mothers
    4. Jennifer Hudson, Respect
    5. Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter

Next Contenders

6.Lady Gaga, House of Gucci
    7. Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth
    8. Nicole Kidman, Being The Ricardos
    9. Jodie Comer, The Last Duel
    10. Cate Blanchett, Nightmare Alley

Pretty Longshots

11. Halle Berry, Bruised
    12. Tessa Thompson, Passing
    13.Renata Reinsve, The Worst Person in The World
    14. Emilia Jones, CODA
    15. Jennifer Lawrence, Don’t Look Up

If you need anything ask Caroleanne

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

I’ve been saying it, Chastain can win. She has all it takes to be the anointed one from SAG. Due for some recognition? Yes Baity and transformative? Yes Basic? Yes Early release? Yes Past nominee? Yes She has a great chance with the Oscar but she’s terribly underestimated by Goldderby users

While they love basic ****, I think they are increasingly aware it gives them a bad name and that such wins are mocked. Also, Chastain doesn’t seem like Zellweger 2.0. She has a huge competition from Stewart who is not only seen as a frontrunner but has a genuine “would love to see her win” support. So we’ll see if this is 1 frontrunner race or 2 frontunners and who they are.

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

yeahh,,,some people underestimate Chastain here…shes absolutely on nomination list…i love her performance she got that multiple complex acting style…but i dont know why i dont have a clue either for her winning an oscar this year….so many talented on this race…too much over crowded….

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

She is on nomination list but we are talking about winning now cause GD that attended SAG screening thinks that hers went much better than KStew’s, respect for KStew’s performance nothwithstanding. A basic but I assume entertaining movie vs artsy movie that may be too weird and/or boring? Not hard to figure out which one would get a warmer reception.

I mean maybe our minds are clouded by social media and critic’s desire to see KStew’s redemption arc play out with the Oscar at the end of the journey. So maybe we are missing the signs that the industry is taken with a traditional transformation though heavy make-up pain and suffering, certainly a more compelling campaign story than the one about getting into Diana’s head while wearing haute couture. So you have a point.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)’ is closed to new replies.