Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 4 posts - 511 through 514 (of 514 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
Plumpshell
marsha_brightly
  • Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I don’t see 3 biopic getting in, when there many original stories that are worthy of being nominated.

1. Kristen Biopic

2.Olivia Book to Movie Adaptation

3.Penelope  Original Story

4. Halle Original Story

5. Nicole Biopic

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

While they love basic ****, I think they are increasingly aware it gives them a bad name and that such wins are mocked. Also, Chastain doesn’t seem like Zellweger 2.0. She has a huge competition from Stewart who is not only seen as a frontrunner but has a genuine “would love to see her win” support. So we’ll see if this is 1 frontrunner race or 2 frontunners and who they are.

The still went with basic picks in lead just this year. I think they just kind of started nominating the not so basic performances without giving them wins. They’re also fond of rewarding past nominees in lead

Laga Gaga for Best Actress.

House of Gucci for best picture.

Profile picture
    hildy1050
    Topics:

This is true and it also means that, since pundits wrote her off, she needs critic and/or industry backing. So crirics awards, precursors defying the punditry. Not an easy task. Critics are more likely to back up someone in an artier movie, possibly one of the Frenchies.

I wouldn’t say pundits are writing Comer off. Sasha Stone and Anne Thompson have her in their top 5. So does Next Best Picture. Scott Feinberg has her at like #7 or 8 in his list (and Emilia Jones is his #5, which…do we think she’s happening? Idk). Erik Anderson hasn’t really given her or the movie much credit at all, same with Clayton Davis. I mean, she’s not getting nearly the kind of mentions as Chastain or even Hudson but she’s still very much in the conversation, at least for now.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

I don’t see 3 biopic getting in, when there many original stories that are worthy of being nominated. 1. Kristen Biopic 2.Olivia Book to Movie Adaptation 3.Penelope Original Story 4. Halle Original Story 5. Nicole Biopic

I don’t think the AMPAS are counting how many biopic roles get in or not. Some years are biopic heavy, and they tend to get into the acting categories.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 4 posts - 511 through 514 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)’ is closed to new replies.