Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 514 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
Plumpshell
marsha_brightly
  • Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Lady Gaga isn’t going to get in if her film doesn’t do well with critics. The fact the screenwriter, Roberto Bentivegna, liked tweets from Gaga fans calling him a future Oscar winner for the script is embarrassing.

Profile picture
    marsha_brightly
    Topics:

Anyway, my dream Best Actress lineup would include Stewart, Reinsve, and Agathe Rousselle atm. If the lineup somehow had all three I wouldn’t care who else was in it lol that would just be so amazing

Agathe Rousselle Titane is type of heavy material in writing…i dont watch it yet….but if screen play good than it is happening….i like her character….its kind Bruised Halle Berry as her main competition…

she on the league oscar race this year….

Profile picture
    vertibort6
    Topics:

What’s Titane about?

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

I can assure everyone that I am indeed a real Gaga stan and I do like other actresses, and am actually rooting for many of them, but Gaga is my #1.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Netflix FYC site adds Bruised to its main page

Just an fyi. Also, the studio’s incomplete individual FYC pages for Don’t Look Up and The Unforgivable remain “unlisted” for now.

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

The line “father, son, and house of Gucci” is already iconic and the costumes has set a fashion standard for many people on the Internet.

Arguably the line “they don’t” has become more iconic though? 😜

I’m a Gaga fan but let’s be real; her movie moment was a few years ago. The surprise factor for the general public is gone, it’s Stewart’s turn to shine, there’s no way I can see Gaga breaking the internet when the more controversial notion of Stewart winning an Oscar is right there…

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Updated predictions…

1. Kristen Stewart – Spencer (kind of the undeniable frontrunner at the moment)

2. Lady Gaga – House of Gucci (major star and will likely do a better job than many on here are predicting)

3. Olivia Colman – The Lost Daughter (Olivia is beloved by award bodies)

4. Rachel Zegler – West Side Story (She is being majorly underestimated and is in a beloved role, in a beloved film by a beloved director, plus is giving a musical performance)

5. Halle Berry – Bruised (Maybe I’m hope-dicting this, but I think the Netflix exposure combined with her narrative could put her in the mix)

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Arguably the line “they don’t” has become more iconic though? 😜

I’m a Gaga fan but let’s be real; her movie moment was a few years ago. The surprise factor for the general public is gone, it’s Stewart’s turn to shine, there’s no way I can see Gaga breaking the internet when the more controversial notion of Stewart winning an Oscar is right there…

“But it’s chic-aaah!!” Seriously, though, as this week’s Vanity Fair piece on the Oscar race points out, MGM/UA’s apparent stealth-mode promotion/campaign for House of Gucci is likely triggering as much skepticism as it is anticipation at this point. Your move, MGM.

Also, I agree that even with that VF article reporting that Spencer “hasn’t played well to a good chunk of the industry,” Kristen Stewart is firmly the front-runner, a status that to my mind looks unshakeable even in the face of the looming, buzzy premieres of the films of Kidman, Blanchett, Lawrence, Berry and Gaga. (Though indulge me as I do some Renate Reinsve stanning along the way – for her a nom would certainly be a win in light of all the heavy competition. 🙌)

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Arguably the line “they don’t” has become more iconic though? 😜 I’m a Gaga fan but let’s be real; her movie moment was a few years ago. The surprise factor for the general public is gone, it’s Stewart’s turn to shine, there’s no way I can see Gaga breaking the internet when the more controversial notion of Stewart winning an Oscar is right there…

I think House of Gucci is going to make more of a splash than the fourth high profile adaptation of Princess Diana’s life. Obviously Kristen has the benefit of being highly acclaimed and portraying a beloved figure, but Gaga will likely have the more talked about performance when all is said and done which will help her getting nominations at least.

Profile picture
    Entela
    Topics:

Arguably the line “they don’t” has become more iconic though?  

Delusion at it’s finest!

Nobody outside of “twitter film experts” and movie geeks cares or even knows about Spencer’s existence. Meanwhile the Gucci trailer generated millions of views more, multiple memes from it’s catch phrases etc etc

But it’s ok, the delusion will end for good once those Spencer box office numbers come…I mean we are being told it’s breaking the internet left and right, sooo people must be eager to go and see it…

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

“But it’s chic-aaah!!” Seriously, though, as this week’s Vanity Fair piece on the Oscar race points out, MGM/UA’s apparent stealth-mode promotion/campaign for House of Gucci is likely triggering as much skepticism as it is anticipation at this point. Your move, MGM. Also, I agree that even with that VF article reporting that Spencer “hasn’t played well to a good chunk of the industry,” Kristen Stewart is firmly the front-runner, a status that to my mind looks unshakeable even in the face of the looming, buzzy premieres of the films of Kidman, Blanchett, Lawrence, Berry and Gaga. (Though indulge me as I do some Renate Reinsve stanning along the way – for her a nom would certainly be a win in light of all the heavy competition. 🙌)

Is it possible to post what they wrote about it here? It says you have to be subscribed to read the full article. Also, do they mention Jennifer Lawrence for Don’t Look Up?

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Delusion at it’s finest! Nobody outside of “twitter film experts” and movie geeks cares or even knows about Spencer’s existence. Meanwhile the Gucci trailer generated millions of views more, multiple memes from it’s catch phrases etc etc But it’s ok, the delusion will end for good once those Spencer box office numbers come…I mean we are being told it’s breaking the internet left and right, sooo people must be eager to go and see it…

show me where anyone is saying it’s breaking the internet… I’ll wait

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

I’ve been keeping track of Spencer reactions and I don’t see anybody saying it’s bad or anything even close to it. A few are a but “huh” over the paranormal stuff but even they say that Kristen was fantastic in it.

Profile picture
    Entela
    Topics:

So that Vanity Fair article reaffirming what we already heard as rumors from Telluride, that industry people (who actually vote for Oscars) don’t like Spencer…interesting!

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

I really want to know who these actresses are… Emma Watson is coming to mind…

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 21)’ is closed to new replies.