Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 23)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 23)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 510 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
Babylonian
film123
  • Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Does anyone here remembers in what category Kate Winslet in The Reader got campaigned? She won GG, SAG an majority of critics awards in Supporting and then suddenly got nominated for lead and won at the Oscar.

Could Queen Blanchett in Carol 2 get into the lead?

Supporting all the way to Oscar nom day

FYC
    Best Picture: "Showing Up" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Kelly Reichardt; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Michelle Williams; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Hong Chau, Heather Lawless, Amanda Plummer; Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Judd Hirsch, Andre Benjamin, John Magaro; Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Kelly Reichardt, Jonathan Raymond
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Does anyone here remembers in what category Kate Winslet in The Reader got campaigned? She won GG, SAG an majority of critics awards in Supporting and then suddenly got nominated for lead and won at the Oscar.

Could Queen Blanchett in Carol 2 get into the lead?

She won GG,CC,SAG for supporting. She was double nominated in the Lead Actress category at BAFTAs for Revolutionary Road and The Reader and won for The Reader. She won Golden Globes lead for Revolutionary Road. She was campaigned in supporting for The Reader so that she can get nominated in lead for Revolutionary Road but as it happens,many members of the Academy voted for her performance in The Reader in Lead. She got more no.1 place nomination votes for The Reader than for Revolutionary Road and as per Academy Rules,as soon as one performance is selected in Lead, it is dismissed from selection in supporting and other lead performances of the performer are also disqualified. So she got nominated in lead for The Reader and was snubbed for Revolutionary Road. Had she not got nominated in lead for The Reader,she would have been double Oscar nominated that year.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I saw The Eyes of Tammy Faye last night. Jessica Chastain getting snubbed would be daylight robbery. She was that fantastic. Andrew Garfield should be nominated in his category too. I don’t care of the script was poor……this is best actress, not best Screenplay.

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Jessica Chastain’s performance is Oscar worthy. that’s it.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Jessica Chastain’s performance is Oscar worthy. that’s it.

Anyone can get in this Best Actress race. Don’t underestimate Jessica, Halle, Tessa, Jhud and Nicole.

Here’s the thing about “locks.” They aren’t real. The thousands of Academy members casting ballots aren’t setting up alliances and factions to ensure that certain nominations happen. They vote for who they like, and with many, many options to choose from, and without ever getting to see the breakdown of voting numbers, nothing is certain. Especially before the eligibility year is even over. So, yeah, it’s perfectly legitimate to have Jessica Chastain in the top spot in your predictions this year. But there’s still a long road until the ballots go out at the end of January.

The reality is, when voters have their ballots in hand, a ballot no one else will ever see or judge them for, they tend to vote for what they like best. There’s not secret formula or alliance or conspiracy, regardless of whatever intention we like to assign them.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Chastain’s Cheeks is lock for a nom darling. Never underestimate that kind of a performance.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Anyone can get in this Best Actress race. Don’t underestimate Jessica, Halle, Tessa, Jhud and Nicole.

Here’s the thing about “locks.” They aren’t real. The thousands of Academy members casting ballots aren’t setting up alliances and factions to ensure that certain nominations happen. They vote for who they like, and with many, many options to choose from, and without ever getting to see the breakdown of voting numbers, nothing is certain. Especially before the eligibility year is even over. So, yeah, it’s perfectly legitimate to have Jessica Chastain in the top spot in your predictions this year. But there’s still a long road until the ballots go out at the end of January.

The reality is, when voters have their ballots in hand, a ballot no one else will ever see or judge them for, they tend to vote for what they like best. There’s not secret formula or alliance or conspiracy, regardless of whatever intention we like to assign them.

😀I didn’t call anyone a lock. I just said Chastain is Oscar worthy which I don’t think anyone who’s actually watched the film will deny. I have Kidman at 1 and not Chastain. I am not predicting her to win now until Garfield gets in at SAG. I’ve watched Spencer,The Lost Daughter and The Eyes Of Tammy Faye and all three are Oscar worthy.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. Kristen Stewart (Spencer)

2. Lady Gaga (House of Gucci)

3. Penelope Cruz (Parallel Mothers)

4. Nicole Kidman (Being The Ricardos)

5. Jodie Comer (The Last Duel)

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

A friend of mine saw House of Gucci and gave it a 1/10, because he didn’t like anything.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

A friend of mine saw House of Gucci and gave it a 1/10, because he didn’t like anything.

Reliable?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 23)’ is closed to new replies.