Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 23)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 23)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 510 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
Babylonian
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Like when she came for Olivia Colman in 2019?

This isn’t 2019. It’s not even as if Olivia Colman was undeniable or something. She couldn’t even win SAG and cheap CC. That was Gaga’s big Hollywood moment, the narrative is different this time. If she gets raves and the film becomes a box office hit, people would root for her to win and save the Oscars. House of Gucci stills and lines are already ICONIC

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

k

I will be muting my feed next week, I’m kinda nervous about the outcome, Hoping Halle can deliver.But at the same time, Im glad that she’s under the radar.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

people would root for her to win and save the Oscars.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Orestes
    Topics:

I fear Tessa Thompson won’t get in….just like Taraji P. Henson didn’t get in for Hidden Figures…despite her co star getting a nomination….and I think Ruth Negga is getting in just like Octavia Spencer got in. Taraji was in at least a BP nominee…and SAG winner. 

Henson didn’t really have any kind of critical push which Thompson well might (I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see her win at least one trifecta award, yes even over Kristen Stewart!). In fact, harsh as it may sound, I don’t think Henson’s performance in Hidden Figures was ever particularly highly regarded in that way. For instance, there’s just no excuse for her missing out at SAG for a film which is prime SAG-bait, even aside from it winning the ensemble award; this was a lineup sans Isabelle Huppert and Ruth Negga and even Emily Blunt in The Girl on the Train was nominated over her.

Thompson, however, is more likely to have a small but concentrated level of support behind her. She might not get the Oscar nom in the end but she’s in quite a different position to Henson in Hidden Figures.

Profile picture
    lulina
    Topics:

reading this bloodbath of threads like:

Profile picture
    pierremg
    Topics:

It’s not a normal race when Gaga is competing, because she brings all her influence to the game. Her name will be everywhere, and HOG will have huge promo. Unless the critics hate the movie and/or her performance, she’s already at #2.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Kristen, Gaga, Colman and Kidman are the top 4 contenders, Kristen is the frontrunner, Colman is beloved by the industry and has support by the critics, Gaga is gonna campaign her ass off and everyone is talking about her, Kidman is playing a tv icon and she’s also beloved by her peers, the only thing that could stop Gaga and Kidman is if HOG and BTR are critically panned, like Hillbilly panned, if the reception is at worst at Bombshell’s level, they are safe, everyone else is fighting for the last spot.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Gaga is coming for the Twilight girl me thinks

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

It’s not a normal race when Gaga is competing, because she brings all her influence to the game. Her name will be everywhere, and HOG will have huge promo. Unless the critics hate the movie and/or her performance, she’s already at #2.

I agree.

gdg

I believe Kristen is winning, but we need Gaga and Olivia in this race. They make things fun.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

I think that Taraji was definitely in the top 10 at least. A lot of people were either predicting her or rooting for her to get nominated…as many believed she was the best performance in the film, including me….on top of winning SAG ensemble. In addition to her co-star getting nominated….some thought she’d ride the wave and get nominated.

Tessa and Taraji both had/have things working in their favor. Tessa has the critical push…whereas Taraji’s performance was praised in a Best Picture nominee/crowd pleasing hit film…and had sort of a cultural moment, tbh. The film had a lot of universal passion behind it…which I’m not sure Passing will have.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

People trying to downplay Olivia Colman’s Oscar win and hyping up Lady Gaga’s upcoming promo: Colman won her Oscar with very little campaigning because of her schedule with The Crown. Gaga (and Glenn Close) were everywhere that year. I hope anyone underestimating Colman looks foolish next year. And calling anyone a front runner/locked before their film has been screened is ridiculous and this also applies to Kidman, Blanchett and Zegler. I’m tired of seeing Zegler’s name in the top 5 predictions. 

Profile picture
    9393jp
    Topics:

Saw Respect last night and I fail to see how Hudson misses out on a nomination. Everything about the performance is exactly what voters typically go for.

Hudson also won’t be afraid to campaign hard. And if she goes musical/comedy at Globes, she will likely win which will give her a further boost.

She has no chance at winning, but her nomination seems like a lock to me. Intrigued by how many are dropping her from their list.

Profile picture
    SourCandy
    Topics:

People trying to downplay Olivia Colman’s Oscar win and hyping up Lady Gaga’s upcoming promo: Colman won her Oscar with very little campaigning because of her schedule with The Crown. Gaga (and Glenn Close) were everywhere that year. I hope anyone underestimating Colman looks foolish next year. And calling anyone a front runner/locked before their film has been screened is ridiculous and this also applies to Kidman, Blanchett and Zegler. I’m tired of seeing Zegler’s name in the top 5 predictions.

she isnt winning this year. thats so obvious. idk why GD users tryna push olivia in this race when in fact she isnt in?

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Saw Respect last night and I fail to see how Hudson misses out on a nomination. Everything about the performance is exactly what voters typically go for.

Hudson also won’t be afraid to campaign hard. And if she goes musical/comedy at Globes, she will likely win which will give her a further boost.

She has no chance at winning, but her nomination seems like a lock to me. Intrigued by how many are dropping her from their list.

I think her position is exactly where Taron Egerton (Rocketman) stood at this point in 2019

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

she isnt winning this year. thats so obvious. idk why GD users tryna push olivia in this race when in fact she isnt in?

I never said she was going to win. I’m referring to people who think she might not get nominated.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 23)’ is closed to new replies.