Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 535 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
kaziz
Plumpshell
  • Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

Newport Beach Festival?

“All will take place in the stunning surroundings of this thriving city in Southern California, which is not only notable for its golden sands and rolling surf, but also for being home to the largest concentration of AMPAS and guild voters outside of LA and NY

https://www.screendaily.com/features/how-the-newport-beach-film-festival-transformed-into-an-awards-season-event/5164526.article

You learn something new everyday!

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

This is really interesting. Can people think of a time when someone got nominated who wasn’t in the Top 10 of Gold Derby combined odds at this point, or even by December? It’s really hard to pinpoint what the industry/AMPAS will respond to vs critics and casual viewers/pundits

Oh this (i.e. a nominee outside the top 10 getting nominated) does happen all the time. Paul Raci comes to mind immediately. He just wasn’t even on the radar for most people until the critics groups.

What I was saying was that no. 1/2 at this stage are basically always nominated. DEFINITELY the leader in the odds, which is now Stewart, Smith, Dunst, Jenkins. The first 3 are seen as locks, but Jenkins isn’t. Maybe…… he is? Could follow the Willem Dafoe in The Florida Project trajectory, that’s pretty common.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Will Nightmare Alley miss Golden Globes, Critics Choice and SAG this year?

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Just curious. For those that had Cate Blanchett in their predictions for lead originally, who did you guys select to replace her?

Lady Gaga

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Damn, Peter Travers is campaigning for Kristen lol

Profile picture
    Entela
    Topics:

Meanwhile, Neon released Spencer into 996 theaters in an unusually wide push for what is obviously an art house movie. The Princess Diana Spencer biopic, starring Kristen Stewart earned $760,000 on Friday for a likely $1.95 million opening weekend. That’s an indifferent $1,958 per-theater-average, which might hurt its Oscar hopes if this were a more conventional awards season.”

So this really BOMBED at the box office.
    All that hype and push from media outlets and critics and still the public said NO!
    But I was told that Diana is a worlwide Icon and the public would have HUGE interest in this movie…did the forum experts lie?
    Or is the movie that bad (as seen by the audience panning it) that not even Diana’s name could save it?

Profile picture
    Jojo1
    Topics:

So this really BOMBED at the box office.
    All that hype and push from media outlets and critics and still the public said NO!
    But I was told that Diana is a worlwide Icon and the public would have HUGE intereat in this movie…did the forum experts lie?
    Or is the movie that bad (as seen by the audience panning it) that not even Diana’s name could save it?

« intereat » and we’re supposed to take you seriously ? :/

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Wasn’t Spencer made for less than 20 million? If word of mouth stays strong for the movie I’m not expecting it to make a huge loss…

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Just saw Spencer and here is my opinion: Kristen Stewart has a TERRIBLE truly awful fake British accent. Are people really not noticing how bad her accent is? The film is a monumental bore, with the exception of three scenes – two with the boys and one at the beach (with Sally Hawkins) – in other words the only 3 happy scenes in this dull, insipid, vapid movie that is poorly directed and written. (It does have a great score, and that is the only Oscar nomination I would give it). I like Kristen Stewart alot but seriously? THIS is an Oscar-worthy performance? Is everybody on crack? Sorry, but this isn’t a great performance and it is not an Oscar-worthy one. She will probably win – taste isn’t what it used to be and critical thinking is gone for most people in this world ):

Also: it is impossible not to compare this with Emma Corrin’s superb authentic performance in The Crown. She actually played Diana and not just a series of nervous ticks and head tilts and spoke with Diana’s voice, not a fake phony British accent.

Saw the trailer for The Worst Person in the World and can’t wait to see it! I can tell that Renate Reinsve gives an extra special performance!

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

No one is going to take the opinion of someone who thinks Respect is Best Picture worthy or thought Jennifer Hudson was phenomenal seriously.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: Drive My Car, The Power of the Dog, Licorice Pizza, Spencer, C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion, Ryusuke Hamaguchi, Pablo Larraín, Paul Thomas Anderson,
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Joaquin Phoenix. Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Alana Haim
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Cate Blanchett, Ariana DeBose
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza, C'mon C'mon,

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Crying at Spencer getting panned by the audience…oh well, twitter “critics” could do only so much I guess.

Someone saying “Spencer looks like a vehicle to change couture dresses” took me out…

Just saw the movie and the audience is right about this movie. Period. Film critics are morons these days.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Also: it is impossible not to compare this with Emma Corrin’s superb authentic performance in The Crown. She actually played Diana and not just a series of nervous ticks and head tilts and spoke with Diana’s voice, not a fake phony British accent.

Dude. Completely different kinds of takes on the same person, Stewart is not trying to mimic Diana or look like her, COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. How on earth do you not get that?

I thought it would be impossible not to compare them too, but imo The Crown comes out looking fairly trashy so it’s better to not make the comparison. It cares so little about emotional journey and so much about about mimicry, I truly find it hard to see what anyone finds authentic.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

She really is the main lead of the movie

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

I don’t like stan wars and I respect both Stewart and Gaga as actresses.

However, all the Gaga stans crowing about Spencer’s box office had better fucking pray Gucci is a smash, because it has CONSIDERABLY more to lose if it isn’t.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.