Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 535 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
kaziz
Plumpshell
  • Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Dude. Completely different kinds of takes on the same person, Stewart is not trying to mimic Diana or look like her, COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. How on earth do you not get that?

I thought it would be impossible not to compare them too, but imo The Crown comes out looking fairly trashy so it’s better to not make the comparison. It cares so little about emotional journey and so much about about mimicry, I truly find it hard to see what anyone finds authentic.

We disagree a million percent. The Crown was superb; Spencer was terrible.

Profile picture
    gofyb
    Topics:

Some individuals are so scared for their faves that they cling to any chance to bring down the one in the front. If anything it only proves that you’re feeling insecure abt your fave. Just focus on supporting who you love and be happy for someone for having their long awaited moment.

Profile picture
    nightterror
    Topics:

This is one of the most embarrassing reviews I’ve read. You’re pathetic and I’ve lurked here enough to know you don’t like Stewart so stop lying. Your agenda is obvious.

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

Just saw Spencer and here is my opinion: Kristen Stewart has a TERRIBLE truly awful fake British accent. Are people really not noticing how bad her accent is? The film is a monumental bore, with the exception of three scenes – two with the boys and one at the beach (with Sally Hawkins) – in other words the only 3 happy scenes in this dull, insipid, vapid movie that is poorly directed and written. (It does have a great score, and that is the only Oscar nomination I would give it). I like Kristen Stewart alot but seriously? THIS is an Oscar-worthy performance? Is everybody on crack? Sorry, but this isn’t a great performance and it is not an Oscar-worthy one. She will probably win – taste isn’t what it used to be and critical thinking is gone for most people in this world ): Also: it is impossible not to compare this with Emma Corrin’s superb authentic performance in The Crown. She actually played Diana and not just a series of nervous ticks and head tilts and spoke with Diana’s voice, not a fake phony British accent. Saw the trailer for The Worst Person in the World and can’t wait to see it! I can tell that Renate Reinsve gives an extra special performance!

oh bore off, you’ve been down on this movie from the start. https://www.instagram.com/p/CV8P5B_pMe2/?utm_medium=copy_link

Profile picture
    Plumpshell
    Topics:

This is one of the most embarrassing reviews I’ve read. You’re pathetic and I’ve lurked here enough to know you don’t like Stewart so stop lying. Your agenda is obvious.

exactly. I saw the “I like Kristen and I hope its good” set up all week 😁

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

The Crown and Spencer are going for completely different things. The Crown is a TV show, obviously, and it’s intended to chart both Queen Elizabeth’s reign and the history of the UK in that time. It’s a show that (mostly) tries to adhere to reality, and therefore makes sure every cast member is a perfect fit.

Spencer is a film set over the course of a weekend, positioned as a fable more than fact. It’s not a traditional biopic, and Stewart-as-Diana serves as a symbol as much as a representation of Diana herself. Maybe you don’t care for it, but it’s an artistic choice.

Profile picture
    nightterror
    Topics:

The way Gaga stans have attacked Stewart on this is hilarious and so desperate. If you’re so confident in your fave then why bother tearing down another actress. It’s so sad.

there are some genuine people on here I enjoy reading comments from because they actually discuss the race but damn the amount of trolls and stan wars on here just makes this place unbearable to visit.

Profile picture
    Topics:

It’s crazy how people don’t respect others opinions. Just because you like something that doesn’t mean everyone will, your opinions are not facts! We all are entitled to how we view, see things!

Johnny Depp Is A Monster

Profile picture
    nightterror
    Topics:

So if people on here trash House of Gucci that is completely fine? Nah I’ve seen how you react to anything to do with that and this comment is hilarious

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

She really is the main lead of the movie

I’m sorry but this poster is creepy as fuck. I know it’s probably intentional but still…

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

There’s a world of difference between “I hated it but that’s just my personal taste” and “I hated it therefore you’re stupid for liking it.”

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

The gag is that people will fight to the death for two nominees who don’t give a rats ass about your lives (news flash: they really don’t) and it is Olivia who may laugh at the end. After 2019 and this year that outcome is something completely plausible.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Why are people bringing up Gaga everytime someone says smth negative about Spencer? That guy is no where close to being a Gaga stan. If you don’t like his review, just don’t pay attention to it. You preach about not tearing women down, yet you’re doing exactly that based on a false assumption.

I wish Golderby had a timer for new accounts. Because this flood of trolls and fake accounts who are only here for stan drama is honestly annoying.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

The gag is that people will fight to the death for two nominees who don’t give a rats ass about your lives (news flash: they really don’t) and it is Olivia who may laugh at the end. After 2019 and this year that outcome is something completely plausible.

Lmao I really have a feeling this is what’s gonna happen, especially when her movie is already acclaimed and has a late release. Gives me The Favourite vibes.

Profile picture
    nightterror
    Topics:

Because it is Gaga stans! Is everyone missing that Entenala idiot crowing over Spencer box office (which is good for an art house movie in the pandemic btw in just over 950 theatres thank you very much) and saying how bad Spencer is even it has a high RT and Metacritic score LMAO!! PLEASE

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.