Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 535 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
kaziz
Plumpshell
  • Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Not gaga mouthing “oh my god”, I think she was expecting Glenn to win. That Glenn reaction makes me sad.

That was so cruel darling… But at least we got the greatest acceptance speech of the oscar history.

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION DARLING.
    Tessa Thompson, Lead Actress for PASSING
    Ruth Negga, Supporting Actress for PASSING
    Charlotte Rampling, Supporting Actress for BENEDETTA
    Martha Plimpton, Supporting Actress for MASS
    Arawinda Kirana, Lead Actress for YUNI
    Kathryn Hunter, Supporting Actress for THE TRAGEDY OF MACBETH

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And she made us all pay with “Old”. What a vengeful woman.

She was quite good in Mia Hansen-Løve’s new film Bergman Island (on PVOD now!) but it’s such a shame she was snubbed. It would have been such a big boost to her career.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Anyone else notice the troll accounts that have popped up over the last few days? So annoying. Was it like this during past award seasons?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Was it like this during past award seasons?

FYC:

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I am not convinced that Kristen Stewart will be nominated at BAFTA this year – an American with a fake British accent? Considering there were huge snubs last year it would not surprise me if KS is snubbed this year.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Anyone else notice the troll accounts that have popped up over the last few days? So annoying. Was it like this during past award seasons?

Lol. Yes. I just noticed this too. Usually new accounts created within days or weeks.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

I am not convinced that Kristen Stewart will be nominated at BAFTA this year – an American with a fake British accent? Considering there were huge snubs last year it would not surprise me if KS is snubbed this year.

Agreed. If they snubbed Mulligan and then Emma Corrin at the BAFTA TV Awards, they are capable of anything lol

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    amydunne
    Topics:

just rewatched spencer, loved it even more!

also been reading through this thread and its a mess, especially hearing about people purposely posting negative reviews, but unfortunately I’m not surprised.

but anyways…

shes coming.

FYC:
    Spencer (IN ALL CATEGORIES)
    Passing (IN ALL CATEGORIES)
    The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

In case anyone isn’t aware: Amazon moved Being the Ricardos to Original Screenplay on their FYC site.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I am not convinced that Kristen Stewart will be nominated at BAFTA this year – an American with a fake British accent?

FYC:

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

I really feel that the sooner people realize Kristen Stewart was not trying to embody a second coming of Diana, the easier it will be for people to see the intention of Stewart’s approach and what the movie is trying to say. Like of course everyone’s entitled their opinions, but I just feel people are criticizing her performance and the film what it’s not, instead of what it is.

FYC -
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, The Lost Daughter, Mass
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Fran Kranz
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Corey Hawkins, Jason Isaacs
    Supporting Actress: Ruth Negga, Kirsten Dunst, Rebecca Ferguson, Martha Plimpton, Ann Dowd
    O. Screenplay: Spencer, Mass
    A. Screenplay: The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter
    Score: Jonny Greenwood (Dog/Spencer)

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I really feel that the sooner people realize Kristen Stewart was not trying to embody a second coming of Diana, the easier it will be for people to see the intention of Stewart’s approach and what the movie is trying to say. Like of course everyone’s entitled their opinions, but I just feel people are criticizing her performance and the film what it’s not, instead of what it is.

From what I read on RT (the verified audience reviews) people’s most complaints weren’t about Kristen herself, but rather the character of Diana that the movie portrays to be. And a lot of people were also expecting the movie to show more of Diana’s life.

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

Agreed. If they snubbed Mulligan and then Emma Corrin at the BAFTA TV Awards, they are capable of anything lol

Lucas, you get a pass, because this is your first offense of woeful ignorance, but Corrin’s snub at BAFTA is not surprising at all. They have a well-established anti-Crown bias.

But as for you Griffin… what is with your ridiculous takes? You are active in the forums, and you’ve been on GoldDerby for quite some time, yet you seem to know absolutely nothing. Yeah, there were huge snubs last year. And then what happened? They changed the rules so that the two most-nominated people automatically get in. So as long as Stewart is one of them, she’s in. And with this frontrunner status she’s attained, she’ll probably be one of them. You just baffle me, because it’s like you try to act ignorant.

Oscars FYC:
    Belfast (Pic, Balfe, Dornan, Hinds, Screenplay)
    CODA (Kotsur, Screenplay)
    Dune (Pic, Villeneuve, Screenplay, Cinematography, Editing, Production Design, Sound, VFX)
    Free Guy (VFX)
    Passing (Negga)
    The Power of the Dog (Pic, Campion, Cumberbatch, Dunst, Smit-McPhee, Screenplay, Cinematography, Editing)
    tick, tick, Boom! (Garfield)
    West Side Story (Pic, Spielberg, Zegler, DeBose, Moreno, Faist, Screenplay, Cinematography, Costume, Editing, Production Design, Sound)

Profile picture
    Aint2Proud2Beg
    Topics:

I really feel that the sooner people realize Kristen Stewart was not trying to embody a second coming of Diana, the easier it will be for people to see the intention of Stewart’s approach and what the movie is trying to say. Like of course everyone’s entitled their opinions, but I just feel people are criticizing her performance and the film what it’s not, instead of what it is.

Since you seem to have it figured out can you also fill us lessers in on what it is/was?

The titular protagonist should at least be a bit like the real person. Most of the grown folks who saw Diana when she was alive would tell you that the character was anything but Diana.

Nevertheless Kristan still pulled off a great performance.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 24)’ is closed to new replies.